1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Picture Quality - Network Setup Complicated, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Mitsubishi WD390U-EST 3D Ready DLP Projector - 720p - HDTV - 16:10 (CD-ROM)
The picture quality is excellent. I like the "short throw" image of this projector. However, even with an experienced, corporate level IT person, the networking is a glitchy, complicated process set up. The projector is set up on our network, hardwired using a LAN cable, with it's own IP address. I can see it and connect to it over the LAN from my desktop computer, which is on the same network. I can control it and project from my desktop. However, the RDP (thin client function) will not work. The thin client software is loaded on the desktop, when RDP is selected (using a USB keyboard and mouse), the names of the remote server/computer show up on the projectors LAN screen projected image (with a prompt to enter the LAN username and password, but it fails to connect remotely. I have tried using it on a Windows XP computer and one with Windows Server 2008, to to avail. All the usual permissions and administrative/user privileges have been configured on these computers, but Thin Client won't work. This capability is one reason I purchased this projector. I contacted a Mitsubishi tech who could not help me. He said he was going to refer me to a higher level of tech support, but no one ever emailed or called me back. The other features work O.K., including "WiFi-Doc" and Mirror Op. However, the most recent Android Mirror Op app does not work with the projector's current firmware. I had to uninstall Mirror-Op from my Android and download an older .apk of Mirror-Op, then it worked. Bottom line: nice projector if you are going to connect to it directly, but don't count on the Thin Client function and be prepared for a complicated process to set it up on a corporate LAN. I would've given it 5 stars if these issues had been corrected.

ARRAY(0x9ebaa900)