5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV and value
Review: I have had my WD-73736 TV for about a month now and I absolutely love it. Originally I found that it did need some color adjustment as the blues were too strong. I have not changed it around that much other then deciding what was the best picture mode (changed from Brilliant to Bright) along with changing the color temp (from cool to warm).

When I...
Published on September 16, 2008 by Project Guy

2.0 out of 5 stars Problem after 6 days
Published on October 5, 2008 by Albert E. Lerberg IV

2.0 out of 5 stars Problem after 6 days, October 5, 2008
This review is from: Mitsubishi WD73736-OD 73-Inch 1080p Projection TV (Electronics)
Ordered the WD-73736 from Tiger Direct on a Monday. I really liked the look and picture of the TV. It is not quite as good as an LCD or Plasma but then again you won't get 73" for less than 7K in those formats. Setup was o.k. took a little time to get used to the goofy menu. By the end of the week it stopped working. I was able to see it power up but didn't get a picture. Since I didn't make any connection changes I thought the set might need a reset. After a full day of trying everything (including calling Mits CS) I am sending the TV back to be replaced. To Tiger Directs credit, they will be sending a new TV ASAP. The problem seems to be internal since I am not able to pull up a menu or get any picture (including snow) to come from the TV. I am hoping this is an isolated incedent and not something that is problematic with the TV's in this series. Needless to say I am anxious to get the new TV and give it a full workout. I will let you know if I have continued problems.

Al

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing picture for the price, October 3, 2008
When I saw the price for this TV on Amazon I thought it was refurbished. It wasn't, it's brand new out of the box. I have high definition cable and the picture I get is the same as a plasma TV. I have absolutely no regrets about purchasing this product through Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Television, August 21, 2009
Recovering Workaholic (Chicago, Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
I love this huge television. I have had it for a week now and feel I have had enough time to give it a good once over. The picture quality of the TV is excellent and it stands up to the LCD and plasma competition. The price was great and I wouldn't change anything except the audio. Terrible, terrible audio. I read the reviews that said the sound was bad before I purchased the TV, but I had no idea it would be this SAD. I can't say I wasn't warned. I was also glad I was ready because I feed the TV audio through my Bose system.

All said and done, it's a good deal and it has a beautiful picture, despite the rainbow effects that were also previously mentioned in the reviews. I was not surprised by the occasional rainbows because the Mitsubishi projector I own has the same problem. I have learned to ignore them.

I also was very happy to find out that Amazon arranged to have the TV and the matching base delivered and SET UP for no additional charge. This was in addition to the free shipping. Great customer service is the reason I have been a Amazon customer for so many years.

Update: Two months later the price is $160 less. Too bad for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mitsubishi 73" TV - Better than advertised, March 22, 2009
J. Anastasio (Durham, CT United States) - See all my reviews
The 73" Mits was delivered without incident, on time. The quality of this unit can't be overstated. The picture blows you away, especially the HD channels. It was an excellent price and I'm delighted I purchased it through Amazon, as I do almost everything these days. For the record, size does matter when it comes to a television.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mitsubishi 73" DLP TV, June 30, 2010
M. R. Mesa (Mesa, Arizona) - See all my reviews
Excellent TV. Beautiful color, easy to set up and great features. This TV will be used in our Natural History Museum and will showcase various Hubble Space Telescope images among others. It has brilliant, saturated colors and is a perfect attention getter. No complaints or problems to report.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't ask for more, other that the one speaker, December 16, 2009
I have owned this t.v. for just about a year.
I bought it the day after Christams last year when my 65" died.
I knew I wasn't going smaller and I needed to buy local cause I needed it next day which was Saturday.
I paid a little more for local, but they gave me a free DVI to HDMI cable and HDMI cables and free delivery.
And they took out my old 65" for free.

On to the t.v.

This has been a great DLP for me. I am an avid t.v. and movie watcher. I would say honestly at least 8-10 hours a day.
I run a media center PC - HDMI, DirecTV HD-DVR - HDMI, Wii - Component - X-box 360, PS3, Upconverting DVD player all through an HDMI switch and everything works great.
Picture is awesome on HD sources, front HDMI works great with my Creative Vado-HD.
Took a little bit to get all the connections, labels, and settings the way I wanted but I haven't changed anything in a year.
I run it in power saving mode on startup but really it takes less than 20 seconds to get going.
I also keep the screen set at low as opposed to bright since I know I watch a lot of t.v.
I just ordered a replacement lamp for $100 from Mitsubishi, don't order one anywhere else or you are paying too much.

My old one hasn't died yet, but I know it should be coming soon with the amount I watch.
I have only had one problem since I got it and that was about a month after buying it.
It wouldn't turn on and kept shutting off with a red flashing code.
They were going to replace it for me but it would take a week and I would have to have a little 42" in the mean time... no way.
Salesman who sold it to me lives directly across the steet and agreed to look at it that night.
Took off the back panel and found the cord for the cooling fan on the lamp was strung really tight at the factory. (after I found online that the flashing code was a lamp problem, he knew where to check.)
He released one of the clips to release tension and I have been running great for the past 11 months.
I do have a slight sound issue sometimes in the right speaker, almost sounds blown but for the most part I have tuned it out.
When watching a movie etc I use surround sound.

Pros -
Screen size
Picture quality
Weight - my old 65" Toshiba weighed 468 pounds lol
Inputs
Looks

Cons -
Speakers
Really nothing else for me

I do have the matching stand for it and it puts the t.v.at the perfect height and the t.v. looks awesome on it.

Update 4+ years later, I use my t.v. a lot and there are days it's on for over 24 hours straight.
Still a beautiful picture and 2 bulbs later.
I have 2 extras since Mitsubishi is no longer making DLP anymore so I stocked up.
I will keep this set until it just plain dies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply AMAZING..., August 19, 2010
I have had my tower of awesomeness for over a year, and it still impresses me every time i watch it... there is nothing bad with this tv... Picture quality is exceptional, although you will find watching standard resolution tv very troublesome... you will want to go HD all the way... Although the problem with HD on this tv is that if you have blueray as I do, you see all the flaws in makeup and skin. Sometimes that gets annoying if it continues through the movie. A home theater is a MUST if you own this tv, as the speakers that come with this tv are too small and sound crappy...

The tv is very sleekly designed and looks great in any room, as it takes up minimal space for the ginormous amount of screen it has. To get the full effect of this tv, sit about 10 feet away, hook it up to surround sound, turn down the lights and let your friends peak in through the window... This is by far the best tv on the market.

I am a huge gamer, and I play xbox and wi on it... the problem there is when your friends ask you to go play on their 42inch (lol) you cant... the screen is simply too small... I could not be happier, unless they made a bigger tv...

5.0 out of 5 stars only one problem with this tv., December 27, 2008
the only problem with this tv is that if you go out to a sports bar or something to watch the football game after having this tv in you living room you will always be thinking my tv at home is bigger and clearer and the beer is cheaper. also when you go watch movies at friends houses with a 42" or 47" (witch 2 yrs ago i would have made a deal with the devil to get one.) you think "this picture is the size of your picture in a picture."as it is abought the size you see when you use your cable tv guide. in closing its HUGE and CLEAR. add a 7.1 surround sound and you have one awesome theater. you wont even want to go to old movie theaters as this picture can only be beat by the newest movie theaters out there most theaters are not as crisp. one more problem ..... now i want ONE more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bang for the buck!, December 31, 2008
Frank S. Mize "seadogace" (Wichita, KS United States) - See all my reviews
I took delivery of this model just before Christmas, and it is working and looking great! You do have to be careful in the setup routine to get the proper aspect ratio for your movies. After I figured that out, I haven't had any trouble. I had Fire Dog out to tune the system, and they did a terrific job. Color is exceptional, and depth is great. Blu rays really come to life. In all honesty, I think the average guy would be crazy to buy an LCD or Plasma of this size. I bought a floor model for $1600, but you can buy them new very close to that. That's about 20% or even less of the cost of an LCD. This is my second DLP screen, and have never had any trouble with either. And one last thing, size really does matter! I can see things in old movies I've never seen before! I highly recommend this model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mitubishi WD-73736 Great tv great delivery, March 29, 2009
I was replacing a broken large screen and shopped around to local brick and mortars. The big screen store could not come close on price but could deliver sooner. I chose Amazon in order to save about $400. The delivery was excellent with good communications along the way. The TV fired right up and had no color or distortion issues. HD looks amazing through this set. The picture is great and brightness perfect. This is the largest online purchase I have made but would do it again through amazon.
D.BRisson