Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 16, 2015
It was a good book for my husband
He said he will read it again
on September 14, 2014
ok
on March 27, 2013
I voted for Mitt and I thought he would make a great president. I loved the book. He is definitely a first class American and an overall good guy. The book was well written and the content was good.
on December 14, 2012
Eye opening book. So glad this man lost the election - that's the main message I got from the book. It was fair - it had nice things but it also had the truth. Which was disturbing.
on December 8, 2012
Intersting, but felt the author was a bit biased against him. It is worth the read and I do not regret buying it, Just wanted a bit more.
on November 19, 2012
After reading this novel I can summarize to you simply what the author is aiming for. Ron Scott gives a brief, very objective overview of Mitt Romney's personal and professional life. I really appreciated how the author made Romney appear very down to earth and did not capitalize on the fact that he is a Mormon or that he was deemed as an "out of touch millionaire". Yet though, none of those things are present in the book, Scott maintains a very non-partisan view and is not swayed by either side. Providing objective statements throughout a whole political book is a very hard and rare thing to accomplish. I am amazed that Ron Scott also wrote this book for the true Mitt Romney and did not attempt to put any types of political persuasion. This book was very on key and brief enough to seem like it was a short read, yet, got a substantial amount of information about Mitt Romney. The three things that stood out the most to me were Romney's political stances and how Ron Scott provided analytical information about campaigns and how Romney ran them, the fact that it is indeed written by a non-partisan author with an objective view, and the time taken to assure the reader that information is not biased and factually correct. This book was written over the course of 20 years and it is very accurate. Throughout the book Scott also takes critical looks campaigns Romney has been running since the early 1990s.
I was very interested by Romney's goals and aspirations. All he is really trying to accomplish in life is fulfilling his religious duties keep a good relationship with his family, and help maintain his country. Ron Scott tells you campaigns he ran and how he ran them. It is very apparent to me too, that no human is perfect. I admit that after the reading that Mitt Romney has made mistakes as governor of Massachusetts in my opinion. Huge accomplishments talked about this book for Mitt have also been very substantial. The most popular ones I read about were how he started and maintains the role of CEO of Bain Capital, and how he saved the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah. Throughout the book Mitt is portrayed as a very intellectual man; not only with intellect, but as a man of integrity and discernment.
This book was very enjoyable to read for me because of two reasons. I am a diehard republican fan who believes in the values that Mitt Romney wants to instill into our government, and because this book was written by a non-partisan man named Ron Scott who provided me with this objective documentation. I really dislike when people, especially authors and news reporters who bash other people and ostracize them for their beliefs and mistakes. So this was a very refreshing thing to notice throughout the whole book. I am drawn towards solely accurate information so that I am not swayed one way or the other by opinions. I like establishing what I believe and educate myself of specific reasons for why I believe what I do.
I am also appalled at the time taken to write this book on Romney. This book that I just read with 224 pages took 20 years for Ron Scott to write and acquire all the knowledge put into this book. I truly believe that the author wanted to state facts and facts only and I, being a very literal person, appreciate accuracy and brevity.
Overall I agree with all of the statements at hand entirely because it was written with no political persuasion or party affiliation. I appreciate and trust that this precise information on Mitt will always be held as a loving man of integrity and his future campaigns and goals will reflect that.
VINE VOICEon October 30, 2012
Scott's book places the life of Mitt Romney in context, how is Mormon upbringing has shaped his life and provided him with the drive to be successful and the determination to make a difference. This bio does not portray Romney as a saint, but neither does it make him out to be a religious fanatic or out-of-touch millionaire. It looks at him as a human being, a man who has a sense of humor and who has a way of getting things done. It includes interviews with those who intend to vote for Romney as well as those who dislike him personally or have other beliefs (interestingly, in a couple of cases they are one and the same person). It takes a critical look at the campaigns that he has run, the business dealings that he has had and his role in the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics. Whether you are a Republican or a Democrat you can enjoy this book (unless you're a fanatic, in which case there are left- and right-wing conspiracy books available on Amazon) because it tries to be objective, something that is so rare anymore.

As an aside, this book makes me interested in more works by Ronald Scott.
on October 25, 2012
I loved reading this book. It gives so many good details regarding the person that Mitt Romney is. It tells how what he has done in his life has shaped who he has become.
on October 16, 2012
Service in shipping was fine. I was very disappointed with the content of the book. I found it to be plain vanilla. It skipped many controversial subjects and added little to my understanding of Romney. Perhaps I know too much about the subject and find him personally very disappointing.
on October 5, 2012
I found this a most informative book about the thinking and community ethos of the Mormons and their commitment to putting back into the community. As a result of this book I believe the Romney would make a good President.