From the Back Cover
paint and markers, fabric and thread ... IT'S TIME TO MIX THINGS UP! Whether you're a mixed-media artist or a passionate sewer, discover innovative ways to combine fabrics, textures, found objects, and more to create meaningful pieces of fabric art. In addition to inspiring mixed-media techniques, inside Mixed and Stitched you'll find:
- Step-by-step instructions for 16 personal projects such as journals, love notes, bags and home decor items.
- Free-form, "sketchy" stitching techniques that put the stress of sewing perfection to rest.
- Techniques for dyeing your own fabric to achieve custom colors for any project!
- Original "bonus" embroidery designs to enhance the projects or spice up your own fabric creations.
- A gallery of mixed-media and fabric art to help inspire your own works of imagination.
About the Author
Jen Osborn teaches her cutting edge techniques locally and at national mixed-media conferences. Her artwork has been published in Cloth Paper Scissors
, Art Quilting Studio
, Jewelry Affaire
, Stuffed #3
, Belle Armoire
, Amber Lotus
, Quarry Books, Stampington & Co.
, and Artist Trading Card Workshop
(North Light Books). Jen's art has been on display as part of group shows at The Paper Studio and A Studio Gallery.