Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Miz Mooz Women's Amelia Button Boot,Dark Red,7.5 M US
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 30, 2009
I have had these boots for a year now, and HIGHLY recommend them. They have sass, they are comfortable, and the quality continues to impress me after a year of wear. I don't like wearing heels because of the comfort issue, but I can stand, walk and dance all day long in these with no complaints. I will be purchasing more Miz Mooz, as they have proven to be well worth the price paid.
on February 24, 2011
Let's start with the good about this boot: It's beautiful. Everything about it from the leather to the buttons to the shape of the toe, is absolutely GORGEOUS. I wanted desperately to love this boot!

However, this is where the bad comes in and why I'm only giving this shoe 2 stars. The shoe is HUGE. I am a 7 1/2 normally and ordered this the first time in that size. The shaft was a little tight, but nothing I was terribly worried about at that point, so I returned it and re-purchased this boot in a 7. I was so excited for it to come in, certain it would be perfect now. I was so wrong. The difference in circumference between the 7 1/2 and the 7 was night and day. I could BARELY zip the 7 up when I had very little problem doing so on the larger size. Not only that, but the 7 was STILL HUGE in the foot area!

If you're looking at this boot order it a whole size down (if you wear an 8 order a 7) and also measure your calf first. My calf is 14" around and this was really REALLY difficult to zip. It is NOT, as the description claims, 14 1/2" circumference. If you have a calf my size or bigger this boot WILL NOT FIT.

Otherwise, by all means, please purchase this boot as it really is stunning and could be a classy addition to any outfit.
on March 31, 2010
I've been looking for a pair of brown victorian style button boots for quite awhile, and thought that these were super cute in the pictures. I normally wear a 9 to 9.5 size shoe, but heard that these run large, so I bought the 8.5.

They apparently do run large, as the shoe part fit perfectly! Sadly, though, I didn't think these were nearly as cute as in the pictures. The color of the boots looks like a dark brown on my monitor, but when I got them, they were actually a bright cherrywood red. Not the color I was looking for. They also look much more western than victorian in person. The buttons are a bit too large in my opinion, and the folds went over some of the buttons, rather than under.

I also had problems with the shape of the boots, which I think has to do with my height. I'm about 5'9" tall. These fell about 3 inches below my knee, and were not well fit to my legs at all. The boot was baggy around my upper ankle and too tight on my calf. I have some shape to my legs, and these obliterated it and made me look like I had the worlds biggest cankles. I think the shape might fit someone shorter better than it did me.
on May 10, 2011
These boots are just beautiful, and wonderfully comfortable. I would say the run a little big, but not enough that I'd go down a size. I did have one problem - one of the heel caps fell of at some point during my first wearing, and I did end up grinding down that heel a bit. Luckily Miz Mooz includes a second set of heel caps! Right after these arrived, I ordered another pair of Miz Mooz! LOVE THEM.
on December 14, 2009
I just got these in. They are every bit as gorgeous as the web site showed. The heel height is reasonable, they run true to size and the foot width is also comfortable. I love the look! That said, they are very tight on my calves (right at the top). I am average size and have never had a problem with knee high boots until now.... I am wearing them around the house to see if they stretch out otherwise, I may have to return.
on October 19, 2011
So very comfy, I can walk for several hours in them, unusual for high heeled boots to be that comfy!

Be warned however, I had to get them a 1/2 size small (I usually wear a solid 9, and these fit in an 8.5) and the calf is on the smaller side, so if you have very large calves they might not fit you comfortably. There is a little stretch pleat that makes them fit my calves fine, and my calves are medium sized.

Overall I adore them!
on March 24, 2011
I love the look and feel of these boots but the quality was definitely not what I would expect for the price. I bought in late November and the sole is already pulling away from the boot. I rarely wear them, especially outdoors in the winter, and would expect them to last longer than 4 months. I have a friend whose boots did the same thing after about the same amount of time. Sorry Miz Mooz, I won't be buying again :(
on August 22, 2011
I've been looking for something similar for quite a while - loved the style, but was disappointed when they arrived. The style was correct and the shoe portion fit well. However, they were very tight around the calf and it felt like the head of a nail was positioned under my heel. I could have easily dealt with a little bit of a tight calf fit, but the bump/nail was not something I could fix. It made the boots very uncomfortable to walk in.
VINE VOICEon October 19, 2011
I ordered these boots because I liked the style and the reports of tight calves were very encouraging. I checked the Miz Mooz site and the shaft circumference was advertised as 13 inches. I thought for sure that these boots would fit. Nope, the shafts are still huge on me. These would work for smaller-average calves, but if you have 13 inch calves or less, they're too wide. I'd say tha the circumference on a size 8 was more like 14 inches, unfortunately.
on January 6, 2010
I never have this type of boots before. They are my first pair. They're well made. Trendy, comfortable and can be worn with jeans or dress. I normally don't wear high heel and have problem with my toes and bones. I ordered many pairs of this type of boots to try at home. So far they're my favorite.