4.0 out of 5 stars comfort funk and fashion
Published on November 12, 2011 by bootjunkie

3.0 out of 5 stars oh, the horror!
okay, i bought these in gray last winter. and, seriously, i don't think i have ever been complimented more often on my super awesome boots (aside from my own ooh's and aah's upon mirror gazing).

i LOVED these.

Published 21 months ago by jay_emm

3.0 out of 5 stars oh, the horror!, October 11, 2012

i LOVED these.

HOWEVER, the leather ripped from the sole. after really only six months wear. i am not sure if it was because i didn't treat the leather with any more regard than any other boots, and the chicago winter took its toll...but i haven't had a pair of boots bite the dust like these puppies did. it was a TOTAL bummer, because i REALLY LIKED THEM.

so, for anyone thinking of getting them - be prepared to be told how super cute your boots are every time you wear them. BUT, take extra precaution with them because you don't want to face the extreme disappointment i did after pulling them out of the closet after so many months to discover they are no longer wearable.

total bummer. five stars for super cuteness. one star for durability. evened out rating because maybe it was my fault? i don't know?

(but i still might buy another pair...)

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizes run small, September 20, 2011
These boots look really cool, and are very stylish. However, they do run small. I normally wear an 8.5, or a 39 which is supposed to fit 8.5 - 9. But the size 39 was just too tight. I think it is mostly because of the shape of the toe bed, it is pretty rounded out near the little toe. I am currently in the process of returning them for a larger size. I'm trying to figure if the size problem is my fault, but my feet haven't grown recently and I haven't gained any weight recently, so I just think that the sizes run small. Hope this helps someone when choosing what size to order.

4.0 out of 5 stars comfort funk and fashion, November 12, 2011
Bought these on amaonzons sister site, endless. These boots fit my medium width feet and thin calves perfectly, and are an amazing fusion of funky fashion and reasonable comfort. They are also incredibly priced compared to similar boots. They look adorable, fit my hard to fit calves. I am about a 7.5-to 8 and the 38 was perfect. Minus one star simply because I can already tell they will not work for walking long distances, (comfort is reasonable, not awesome) and for slight "stickiness"to the zippers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best boots ever., December 8, 2011
I am in love with these boots. Not only they're really cute (i always get complements now) but also very comfortable. No break in required at all (probably for the 1st time in my life). No blisters, nothing. The leather is very soft. And they're actually pretty warm. California winter is obviously not very harsh, but my feet are always cold. not in these boots. The little platform heel feels good and the sole has a good grip.

the only thing is the size - i am glad i tried these on in a store. I usually wear size 7, 7.5, but these i had to get in 8, so take that into account.
would i recommend - definitely!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites, September 3, 2012
I bought these about 6 months ago and they have become one of my favorite pairs of shoes. I ordered them in grey in a size 38, I normally wear a 7.5 in most shoes, and I have very skinny calves so they fit perfectly with little room left (not a boot for muscular calves). Super comfortable, easy to wear and walk in. Love their unique funky look, I get compliments or questions about where i got them every time I wear them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Size 39, 6 Months Later (dun! dun! dun!), September 5, 2013
S&H Schafer (Puget Sound, WA) - See all my reviews
Let me start by saying, I love Miz Mooz. I own several pairs of boots and flats. True, the leather is on the thin side, but the styles are fun and funky. I'm just over 5'7" with thin calves, and finding a boot I can wear with skirts, skinny jeans, and boot cut jeans can be tricky. These weren't as tall as I wanted, but otherwise fit the bill. I get compliments galore when I wear them.

True to my other Mooz, the sole and toe area feels stiff, but not uncomfortable. I've been wearing these boots off and on since I bought them in March, even in some wet Seattle summer weather. I'm normally an 8.5-9 and the 39 Otis was spot on for me in length, but a bit narrow through the ball of the foot, with a shallow toe that is still wide enough to allow for wiggle room (I can spread my toes out). I think a 40 would have been too long, and though these did soften up after a few wears, still feel stiff across the top. These boots are not "knee high", so be mindful of the measurements (under 13" shaft).

When I first got these and saw the stitching around the sole where it meets the leather I thought, cool, reinforcements! The stitching was different than my other pairs.

And now, SIX MONTHS LATER.....it is faux stitching...faux because today the leather on the inside of the right boot came unglued from the sole as I was walking across the parking lot to work. Just walking! The stitching is apparently decorative, and has nothing to do with the boot structure at all.

Before I bought these, I read other reviews saying their boots fell apart after 6 months, but my October boots (size 39, Brown) are still going strong after a couple of years (but the leather on my Otis is actually sturdier than on my October). Amazon had Otis on sale and I couldn't resist! I'm glad I didn't pay full price, but I am SO SAD that I'm facing the same "And 6 months later...." story as some other reviewers. I just bought the Claudia boot (size 40, Taupe) for this season, and am now afraid of what they'll look like in April. I have an older pair of green Pookie low wedges that have also seen several seasons, so maybe the quality just isn't as good as it used to be.... I'm seriously disappointed :(

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE these boots!, December 11, 2011
I ordered these boots in red and I LOVE them. They are very comfortable. Even though my husband didn't think I needed another pair of boots (what does he know?!), I foresee these getting lots of wear this season. I've worn them three times all day and have gotten lots of compliments but no blisters! Although I'm normally a size 8, I did order one size up (Euro size 39)based on other reviews and it was a good call. They fit perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, February 21, 2013
Domina Carmen "Eclectic Vixen" (Zurich, Switzerland/Atlanta, Georgia) - See all my reviews
I buy Miz Mooz for function and style all in one. The one thing I've seen lacking repeatedly in this brand has been longevity. This pair may be the best construction I've seen from this company to date. The leather is actually solid, sturdy and had to be broken in! I may have a few years of wear in this pair. Usually the leather is a thin hide stretched across a foundation that eventually peels back and can't be repaired. I am so pleased to find these to be true leather boots!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Look Like A Superhero, December 2, 2013
Hello Jodi (Columbus, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
I get complements on these boots every single time I wear them. Complete strangers stop me on the street. They look so very cool.
I waffled about purchasing them for a long time but I'm glad I did. I have wide feet and high arches so I'm really difficult to fit in a boot. I wear a 6 1/2 normally, so the 37/7 fit well - I had plenty of room in the toe, which is pretty refreshing. And the heel gives a little lift but is not so high that it pushes my arch up to the top of the boot. The reviews about the calf width were what scared me and they were right about that. I'm a size 10 in clothing and my calves have a shape but are not thick. I took absolute care when I zipped them up the first time and they stretched out enough to be wearable, but they are a snug fit. Not tight or straining the seams, but if the leather were any thicker I don't think I could have gotten them zipped up. I'll update if I have any of the problems with tearing that others have had.

5.0 out of 5 stars love these boots., February 13, 2013
Love these boots. Have them in Black too. I read on a review to go up a 1/2 size because it is tight in the toe. I did that and they fit great.

Rate and Discover Movies