Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Miz Mooz Women's Shannon Boot,Bordeaux,8 M US
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 27, 2012
Look: Classic with a quirky twist. These are as beautiful and high-quality as I expected for the brand and the price. I absolutely love the "bordeaux" red-- it's a bit brighter than was shown online, which I prefer, but is definitely a dark, versatile red. The brass buttons look gorgeous and are well attached, and I'm pleased that the harness-like heel detail is solid, quality material. I wore them out the first time last night and already have received lots of compliments!

Fit: I ordered my usual 7.5, but had to return it for a size 7. Even with insoles, they were just too big, especially around the ankle. In the smaller size, they fit my feet very well, are supportive around the ankle, and still a bit loose in the toe box. I may put a ball-of-foot cushion in there, since the foot bed is not quite as cushy as I'd like, since I know I'm going to be wearing these all the time. I would also note that the calf is definitely a snug fit-- I anticipate it will stretch a bit with wear, but I'm glad to have the gusset.

Extras: I appreciate that these came with 4 extra heel taps. Since I plan to do a lot of walking in these, I know concrete can wear down the taps quickly.
on January 17, 2013
I never write reviews.. this is actually my first.. so here we go...

I saw a woman in the grocery store with these boots on.. I did not have a change to ask her where she got them.. but I could not get them out of my mind. So, that night I googled 'tall brown buttons boots' and there they were on Amazon! Anyway, long story short, I found these boots for an amazing price on Amazon they are so cute, very flattering, and very comfy! I saw another review that they were not comfortable, but I think 1) you need to wear thin/boot socks. 2) They are real leather and will stretch with a bit of use. 3) Lastly, they are wedge boots are are generally more comfortable then typical heels. I'm so in love with them and would suggest anyone and everyone to get a pair!!!!
on October 16, 2012
I ordered these in Whiskey, which is browner than the photos make them look (more like the actual color of whiskey). They looked awesome on! But the slope of the foot was too hard on my foot. No arch support and it ended up feeling like a lot of my weight was resting right on the ball of my foot, which was not padded in the boot. I have pretty sensitive feet and really have to be careful with heeled shoes, so others might not have this issue. I really wanted to keep these, but after standing inside my house with them on for about 10 minutes, the balls of my feet were already starting to feel semi-painful. Dang. Had to send them back. The leather quality seemed pretty good and the overall look of the boot was great, though.
on September 14, 2013
I read other reviews and thought this would fit my 13.5 inch calf. it was wider than described. I ready 14 inches but it was over 15.
Really pretty though, nice color and well made. Just doesn't fit my thin calves
on September 22, 2013
These boots are amazing. I had to purchase a size 8 because that was all that was left close to my size. I normally wear a 7-7.5 in boots. I was afraid they may make my foot look enormous from having to order a larger size, especially after reading the reviews, but they look amazing. I'm just going to wear thick socks with them this winter. My only complaint is that they are out of production...I wish I could buy another pair to have as back up. These are probably my favorite boots ever. The color is better than pictured and they do fit my skinny 13in calf without looking awkward. Very comfortable! I wish I had found them sooner!
on January 21, 2013
The picture is a beautiful color but the boot that arrived was closer to tan. Although the color was not as expected the shoe is beautiful. The fit was not comfortable which may be due to my big calfs...sadly had to return the boots.
on February 6, 2013
First day out and these boots were magnificent. A whole day from home, walk to bus, walk to work, all day at work and my feet feel fine. The leather is a bit stiff but I suspect they will age nicely. I am happy with the arch support but wish there was a bit more toe cushion. Be warned that the calf shaft of the boot is narrow. I do not have large legs and yet the boots fit snuggly (comfortable but snug). I have been wanting these boots for most of the winter, now that I have them, I wish I hadn't waited so long.
on July 22, 2013
I have some Miz Mooz sandals with a similar heel, and they are so comfortable, I can wear them all day, plus, I always get compliments! When my daughter was looking for some boots to wear to work last winter, I recommended Miz Mooz. She found some adorable, and office appropriate, ones with buttons. I looked through all her final selections, and fell in love with these....Advertising works! The thumbnail kept popping up next to my email, and I kept dreaming - I read all the reviews - and there are alot - and finally ordered them. They are perfect! I am so glad I have them! They are a little spendy, but definitely worth the price. I love the color, the fit, the style - I usually wear a 7.5 or 8, and based on prior reviews, I ordered the 7.5 and they fit well. Also with the calves - I have the space of one little finger around the tops, which is very comfortable, and I'd say my calves are average size. I can't wait for the weather to get cold! They really are the color of a rich, deep bourbon. Excellent purchase!!!
on January 31, 2013
These boots are gorgeous. The color is not quite so red-red as the Amazon pic shows--they are definitely more wine colored. Together with the antique-looking buttons, they are definitely beautiful. The reason for the four (not five) star rating is the fit. As other reviewers have described, they are definitely tight. They are so tight that I can't tuck my blue jeans into them the way I do with other boots. Also, even a thin sock makes them very tight around the foot area. When I removed my socks and just wore the boots with pantyhose, they were no longer uncomfortable, but instead fit fine in terms of snugness. The remaining problem is the support. They don't fit my foot as well as other wedges do, so there ends up being pressure on the balls of my feet, similar to the way heels fit. (Usually wedges provide arch support, so they don't hurt as much as regular heels. These boots, though wedges, don't provide the arch support because of they way they are shaped.) As a note, I don't have thick ankles/calves, and I don't have high arches, so I don't think this has as much to do with the way I am built, as it has to do with the boot. On the other hand, I do have wide feet, which may be why the socks made the boots too tight.

One other note, when I got the boots, there was a small black mark at the top of one boot that sort of looked like a pen mark. After seeing that, I looked very closely over the boots. In several places on both boots, there were small black spots. It blends into the red, and I don't think it's noticeable, but I did want to mention it.

All-in-all, I definitely like these boots. I don't think they are worth what Miz Mooz is charging for them on their website, but for the Amazon pricing, I'd say they are worth it.
on January 18, 2013
Beautiful shoes! I was not too sure about the color since it looks brighter in the picture. The boots are very nicely crafted and the color is just perfect. Got so many compliments. Well worth the money spent!!

See 1 answered question