4.0 out of 5 stars Makes my hair look much thicker than usual
I've been using the medium strength for years and am glad that I finally made the switch to mild. My hair looks much thicker and has been breaking less so far. Finally, I'm excited that I can get my hair relaxed more often to smooth out new growth without having to worry about the risk of overprocessing.
Published on November 20, 2009 by Thicker hair

3.0 out of 5 stars Give it a try!
Used this as a touch up to new growth. Hair did not turn out bone straight and I experienced some scabs due to burning, but I know it was due to leaving it on too long. I will definitely use it again bc I bought the big size (as there was no choice) but I will make sure to pay attention to the timing.
Published 13 months ago by sonrod

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes my hair look much thicker than usual, November 20, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars "O Mizani, Mizani, Mizani", January 11, 2010
I just tried Mizani for the 1st time and I love how straight my hair got. I used to use Olive Oil Mild Relaxer until I received really bad scalp burns and it broke my edges off. Mizani has a nice smell. Mizani didn't burn my scalp. I will definitely use the product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mizani Butter Blend System, December 3, 2009
Although this review will appear for the Mizani BB relaxer, my review is based on the entire system. I LOVE it!!! I have been using this brand for about a year at my salon. This past Nov is the first time I did not get it applied at the Salon. My friend did it for me instead (she's not a professional but she can def do a relaxer touch up with ease). Let me just say I LOVED the results she gave me over what I was getting at the salon, especially b/c nothing was rushed. We followed all the directions and left the products on for the specified times (perhaps a few mins over) as opposed to the salon just washing the stuff right out. My hair has never felt so buttery, silky and soft after a perm. Seriously, never. I definitely recommend to anyone who wants to use this stuff and I love the fact that I do not have a bone straight look when my hair is wet.

5.0 out of 5 stars From a skeptic, to a believer, April 22, 2013
I am asian, and wondering how i would be able to remove kinks on the back of my head. Like my hair is straight on the front and top, but underneath the natural straight are naturally wavy or ssss-shape hairs. My hair texture is also fine, most of the you tube i watched with mizani, uses a super-curly hair so I am thinking I might overprocess my hair. Still I decided to purchased this based on the reviews. I checked the Mizani natural curl key and I would say I was a type II and I checked there was no recommendation to use this, they have started recommending this to type III hair type, so I was thinking I maybe a 3 but a finer version. SO with that in mind, I still did a strand test and took the most wavy hair sample i could get from my back, maybe had five hairs then i applied the mizani, i timed in and observed every 5 mins, for my goal I just want simple reduction of the Ssss, the sss was made to a one big S in 15 mins. So I forego the application to my head, without washing my hair, I applied petroleum jelly around my forehead, ears, and neck areas, doing this really protects the skin from irritation once the product touches your skin. then i started from the most problematic portion of my hair which is the inner part, so I worked from bottom to top. timing total is 15 mins from first point of application. While applying I am massaging the hair downwards to straighten it, I used a kitchen gloves so it is thicker :). then after the 15 mins, I rinsed my hair with lukewarm water, then shampooed it 3-4x using a neutralizing shampoo. During shampooing i felt like I burnt my hair as it felt coarse to me, but still proceeded with the processes. I applied a deep conditioner and left it to about ten minutes,while applying, i felt relieved feeling my hair is coming back to its smooth, tangle free state. after the rinse, I wanted to dry my hair naturally to see if the kinks were gone. Well, I would say it is straighter but not super straight. Since the website (youtube of mizani) says it can be blowdried and styled, like the model has her hair flat ironed, i did the same blowdried and flat ironed it. and i am amazed how it turned out to be,It is like super straight but with life and volume. SO I felt like it was done professionally. I plan not to wash it for at least 36 hours so it can at least retain the final shape i wanted to achieve. I remember when I do salon-relaxing, they do not recommend washing it for at least 24 hours, so I would just try to apply it to my home-made relaxing. As for the scalp irritation, I did not feel any during the application process. but the skin that was touched by the product got itchy and red, that is why the petroleum jelly protection is very much needed. Overall, I would say it is a good product for at home hair relaxing project. One more thing, the product is comes in big packaging that I think i could use it 7-8x more, because my hair is thin and shoulder length only.

5.0 out of 5 stars MIZANI IS THE BEST, July 17, 2011
Best relaxer on the market. I have shoulder length highlighted hair. If you have a fine texture of hair this product will be perfect. Makes my hair silky straight and I have never experienced any damage after relaxing. Now I only relax my hair every 3 to 4 months since using this product. I recommend the mizani butter blend neutralizing shampoo. Also this is a great price for the amount of product. It may expire before I get a chance to use it all:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good relaxer, March 8, 2013
deedeeg "deedeeg" (gilbert, AZ, United States) - See all my reviews
This is a nice mild relaxer that help to keep the hair healthier. It does not relax the hair to a bone straight texture. I've been using it for a couple of years and can't imagine using anything else. I have much healthier hair than I did when I used Affirm.

3.0 out of 5 stars Give it a try!, November 17, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product for dry hair, May 13, 2010
C. Gibson (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
After using Mizani Butter Blend Relaxer, my hair felt silky smooth. It wasn't dry and didn't break.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 17, 2013
My hair is doing so great with this product. Good for texturized/relaxed hair!!! I love it! Glad I bought it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Results, July 24, 2011
My hair is 3b(C). This formula works very well for me. It left my hair silky, soft, fine textured, healthy looking and strong. My hair did not become bone straight. I always retain my natural curl pattern. This product left it straight at the roots, and then falling into silky relaxed curls. I wear my hair short and don't use any heat for drying or styling, but if you do, you can achieve that bone straight look with this relaxer.

In addition, I used the Mizani Honey Shield pre treatment. It prevents previously relaxed hair from over processing and it guards against moisture loss. It's about 20 bucks, but the bottle is huge....33 1/2 oz. As far as the relaxer goes, it has a very mild, non chemical smell. It looks and feels very rich and buttery, too. Mizani products are more expensive, but they're worth it. Over the years, I've tried many different brands of relaxers. No lyes always damage my hair.

Most recently, I used Vitale Ideal. It good, but this is better...best I've used.
Also, my hair is color treated. With the Mizani, I experience no roughness or hair breakage.

UPDATE: I've let my hair grow out a couple of inches. I've started wrapping it, so I have a very straight look now. After washing/conditioning, I apply wrapping foam, wrap it, and use a bonnet hair dryer. I can really appreciate how good this relaxer is. My hair looks very silky and straight, without using a hot iron. With this Mizani relaxer you can achieve silky relaxed curls/waves or very straight silky hair. I'm pleased with the Mizani.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›