5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle shoe
Greatest running shoe ever!

I overpronate, meaning my feet tilt towards each other when I run. Before I got these shoes, I would develop this sore ligament on the right side of my right knee, in the back. I wouldn't be able to run more than 3 miles a few times before I couldn't run anymore because of the ligament being painful.

That problem, I can...
Published on May 25, 2012 by R. Bond

3.0 out of 5 stars Breaks from the Wave Alchemy Precedent
If you're used to wearing the Waves 9 and 10- you might want to hold off on the 11's until 12 rolls around.

Published on January 25, 2012 by AlaskaBoy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle shoe, May 25, 2012
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Alchemy 11 Running Shoe (Apparel)
Greatest running shoe ever!

That problem, I can say, has been completely eliminated with these shoes. The longest I have run with these is 6 miles and everything felt great (relatively speaking haha).

I am a 200lb man with flat feet and a wider posterior section of the foot than usual, and Mizunos are known to have a little wider heel area. These are also the only supportive running shoe the my foot would fit in width-wise without having the inner portion of my arch hanging out of the sole and getting sore from the shoe fabric coming up the side.

To sum up, I never thought this kind of money on a shoe would be worth it, now I'm thinking that I wish all of my shoes were made exactly like this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Breaks from the Wave Alchemy Precedent, January 25, 2012
AlaskaBoy (Anchorage, Alaska USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Alchemy 11 Running Shoe (Apparel)

I have been a Wave fan since the 8's- I have very flat feet, and the Waves were perfect. This 11th iteration is bulkier and heavier than the 9. The material around the back of the shoe is harder and thicker, and the muscles on the outside and inside edge of my feet ache in them, like I'm wearing an ill-fitting ski boot.

The size I normally wear is the right length- the issue is the width and the make-up of this version. I'm looking at if a wider version is available- but that shouldn't be the case if Mizuno was consistent in thier Wave line-up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful For Overpronation, September 14, 2013
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Alchemy 11 Running Shoe (Apparel)
These are my second pair of Mizunos (I normally wear ASICS and Brooks) and while I loved my older pair, I found the Wave Alchemy 11's to be average (at best) in most ways. I overpronate, and these shoes were recommended to me for that primary reason. They do help control overpronation, and if that's near the top of your shopping list, these are a potentially decent choice if you're happy with the remainder of the fit. I thought they felt adequate when I tried them on and for the first few miles, but as I ran more in them (I am 6'2", 195 lbs., and run about 20 miles a week) I liked them less and less. They are quite stiff, and while they are relatively light for a shoe with moderate control, they are not light enough for my personal preference. More important than the weight though was the stiffness of the shoe and the bulkiness of the back edge of the shoe around the foot, which I found irritating. I am consistently a size 12 in most everything (including my last Mizunos,) but in these shoes I tend to slide around in the toe box when running and suspect that that I probably needed an 11.5 here.

The shoes seem well made and my earlier pair of Mizunos lasted years with no issues and many miles on them, so I have no identifiable complaints about the workmanship. My issues with the shoes are relatively unyielding components and a very rigid sole that, while it helps with overpronation, altered my basic stride so uncomfortably that I'm giving mine to charity with less than 100 miles on them. If they fit you, you need the control they provide, and you like the feel of the shoes by all means buy them. They just didn't work well for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good., December 26, 2012
I do have flat feet but these shoes do not help and hurt more than a pair of stability shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars go fasters, October 31, 2011
these are my third pair of Mizunos. Absolutely love these shoes. They provide great support for short 3 to 6 miles, and I have flat feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome shoes, March 20, 2014
A very good shoe for my overpronating feet, and overuse prone feet and knees. The colors are nice too. Too bad Mizuno doesn't make the Alchemy anymore.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, March 11, 2014
I already have this shoe. I am replacing another Wave Alchemy- love the fit and quality. I use it for running and exercise classes.

5.0 out of 5 stars love the cost, December 14, 2013
great fit , great cost , an color right on , gave them as a gift , he loved them , want more of them

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, September 23, 2013
I bought these shoes because of the good reviews I read. I have flat feet and it's hard to run to start with but, after wearing these, I have ZERO issues with running. I will always purchase Mizuno Alchemy running shoes. I just hope I can still get the Alchemy 11s after these wear out. I highly recommend these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoes at a cheaper price, July 10, 2013
I had already been wearing a pair of these running shoes, and ordered another pair online primarily for the cheaper price rather than going to a shoe store. The shoes hold up really well and fit my feet fantastically and help with my pronation while I'm running.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›