5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased with them!
5' 5" 150 lbs 30 mile a week average. and severe UNDERpronator ( heel spike,and i run with my weight towards the outside of my feet)

Published on December 7, 2011 by E. Romano

2.0 out of 5 stars Big step backward from the Wave Creation 11
Published on April 21, 2011 by stlrunner

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased with them!, December 7, 2011
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Creation 12 Running Shoe (Apparel)

I have both the wave rider 13 , the wave creation 11 and these wave creation 12 that I just received today. I put them on right out of the box, and headed out into the rain for a nice 5 mile run. i like that they feel tough,and although the wave riders feel lighter,these feel like i could just run...not have to feel every crack of the sidewalk,not worry about the rebound off the pavement jolting my knees. i didn't feel that "Bouncy" feel when i put them on,but after the first mile you can start to appreciate the sensation like you can run where you like...maybe even enjoy those hops up,and off the curb.
If you run and are interested in just running for endurance or just the pleasure, these are the shoes.
I feel these are the better choice over the wave riders. And did not notice a decline in the performance compared with the 11's as others reviews have noted. And also I didn't order a size bigger and they still feel plenty roomy,especially laterally in the toe box...I would say I wouldn't even mind them being snugger width-wise. Hope my review has helped.

2.0 out of 5 stars Big step backward from the Wave Creation 11, April 21, 2011
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Creation 12 Running Shoe (Apparel)
With a marathon a few weeks away and after logging over 500 miles on my Wave Creation 11's I decided it was time to break down and buy the Wave Creation 12's. I still had a couple long runs left and thought I'd have plenty of time to break them in comfortably. My first run on the shoes was a quick 4 mile route followed by a 15 miler the next day. After those two days of running the shoes felt ok, a little stiffer and heavier than the 11's. I mentioned to my wife/running partner that the shoe felt like it was rubbing my outside right ankle bone but thought the shoes breaking in or my feet adjusting to the shoes. My next run was a 5 mile hill workout and the rubbing on the ankle started to become a big distraction and discomfort. I kept thinking this was just part of the breaking in period but didn't remember any discomfort with the Wave Creation 11 when I first bought them. In fact the 11's came out of the box ready to go - the most comfortable running shoes I've owned. Today I tried to run 6 miles in the 12's but gave up after the first half mile, came home, put the 11's back on and ran in complete comfort with no pain. I tried lacing the shoes differently and working the side of the shoe to relieve the rubbing on my ankle but nothing worked. I took them back to Fleet Feet and was refunded without any problem. I was told by the Fleet Feet employee that they have had a lot of similar complaints with the Wave Creation 12. I don't know why shoe companies change good shoes every year because I would buy the Wave Creation 11 again. For me the Wave Creation 12 is not an improvement from the 11, heavier, stiffer, uncomfortable, and not worth $140. I'll be running this race in my old 11's.

4.0 out of 5 stars Order a size bigger than you wear!, September 10, 2011
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Creation 12 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I am giving this a 4star because of the fitting issue. Otherwise the product & shipping from Amazon.com is awesome!

Shipping--I am deployed overseas and shipping took an impressive 10 days from Amazon! Even then it was still ahead of the expected receipt date.

As far as the Mizuno Wave Creation 12's--I ran a 10k the first day I received them so they are ready to wear out of the box. They fit snuggly compared to my old Mizuno Wave Nirvana 7's. The Creations have the Dynafit which are basically stretchy netting on the toe box and extra padding in the ankle. These are definitely not a sloppy fit! With that said... if you haven't tried these on at a store before you order them plan on ordering a 1/2 size larger than you need. For me my Nirvanas are a 9.5 so I ordered the Creations in 9.5 which were too small and uncomfortable. I ordered size 10 and fit perfect. When I run more I will be able to comment on durability and all. But like I said my first run was a 10k and so far I like them!

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Step Backwards, Useless, July 19, 2011
Iamcold (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Creation 12 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I have been the proud user of Mizuno Wave Creations for a long time (5 or 6 pairs), but this is one of the worst shoes I've ever purchased.

The most substantial change in the shoe is the ride. The 12's have an incredibly long break in time (60+ miles) and broke down by mile 120. For comparison, I usually get 350 miles out of previous Wave Creations. Additionally the support system is very different. I always felt like the 11's positioned your foot farther back in the shoe and toward the outside of the foot. These feel like you're falling off the inside of the toe, causing your foot to slide forward in them.

I have never had shin splints or planters before, but after just 100 miles on these shoes I developed both. After I realized it might be the shoes, I bought a pair of WC 11's online and within 20 or 30 miles both the shin splits and the planters had started to dissipate.

Mizuno made a great shoe in the Wave Creation 11, and then ruined it with the 12.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected..., February 1, 2011
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Creation 12 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I finally found a store locally to try the new Wave Creation 12's. I have been really excited about these shoes for a long time! Unfortunately they were not what I expected. The shoe is lightweight and feels good in transition, but overall is much narrower than past Mizunos that I have owned. The straps that keep the tongue in place rubs the side of my feet and the experience very uncomfortable.

I tried many other shoes and chose a pair of Nike Vomero 5s. Myself I am not a big Nike Fan, but these shoes really surprised me! Very comfortable, great support, fantastic feel when you run, everything I was hoping for in the Mizunos.

5.0 out of 5 stars These shoes are narrow and a half size small., March 12, 2011
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Creation 12 Running Shoe (Apparel)
So with that up front, if you have a narrow foot and are a larger framed runner (5'9" - 190) - the Wave Creation 12's are a good place to start. Very smooth ride, smooth heel to toe transition, good support, and the dynamotion fit keeps your heel snug.

I had narrowed down to the Saucony Triumph 8's or these. I purchased the Triumph 8's and put 50 miles on them, until the collar made a nice bruise on my right inside ankle bone. Back to Road Runner Sports the 8's went and home came the Wave Creation 12's. 50 miles on the 12's now and all is well.

The 12's are proving themselves for hill work, intervals, cross training (rowing and heavy bag), long runs and short runs.

There are a plethora of good running shoes; it all comes down to what feels good on your feet and helps keeps you injury free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and fit, April 7, 2014
These shoes fit great and are very well made. I normally run with Asics, but I bought these as they were recommended to me. I have put close to 500 miles on them and they are still in good shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shoes, January 6, 2014
The best shoes for runners. Mizuno creation fits perfect and doesn't hurt the foot while you run.
I recommend to everyone that run.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disasspointed in manufacturer, September 23, 2013
The mfg changed the thickness of the soles and insole, less arch support. Disappointed in Mizuno, I have been wearing them for eight years. Why do mfg find the need to change what wasn't broke.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sneakers., September 22, 2013
I use these for primarily distance walking (6 to 12 miles) & for work @ my part time job. They are very supportive & very comfortable while being very light. The soles and treads are aging very well.