5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoe EVER!
I have owned several pairs of Mizunos this decade. I have NEVER had any problems whatsoever with the design of the shoe. Wearing a pair of Mizunos is like walking on clouds. They're extremely comfortable, and the quality is second to NONE! None of my soles have ever fallen off, they have never torn, or ripped. The arch support is unbeatable.

The only reason I...
Published on April 7, 2011 by NK

1.0 out of 5 stars Might be fake
Published on January 4, 2012 by Fi eh?

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoe EVER!, April 7, 2011

The only reason I keep buying new pairs every few years is that the old ones are just way too dirty to wear in public anymore. The biggest flaw they have is that the shoe doesn't wash clean in the washer like other shoes I've owned in the past. The dirt seems to stain the fabric in them and once they're dirty they won't ever be white again. I have tried other products to get them clean, but nothing has worked. Just as well, Mizuno has earned their money with a flawless design. I will continue buying Mizunos as long as they continue giving me a quality, comfortable product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ultralight running shoe., September 20, 2012
I have hot feet and the tops of these shoes breathe so very, very well. They also require no break in. Just open the box and start wearing them. Those are reason enough to love the Mizuno Wave shoes. But it gets even better. This is my 4th pair. Despite them being ultra light, the tops on all 3 pairs have held together long enough for me to wear the soles completely out.

After wearing out the soles, I still can't bear to part with them yet, so I wear them around the house for more months, until I catch them on sale and buy a new pair.

Sizing is perfect for my 10.5 feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great running shoe! Excellent customer service!, July 25, 2012
Sopan Tzekov (Sofia, Bulgaria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Nexus 5 Running Shoe (Apparel)
This is the best running shoe if you want something soft and light but still having good arch support, stability and pronation control. I am 165 lbs and have run with the Wave Nexus two 3100 mile races, one 10 day race and one 6 day race which is a lot of miles and this shoe is just perfect for me (I am not too heavy and I pronate). The Wave Nexus hasn't changed almost at all over the years which is a good thing because this model is great the way it is. It doesn't matter if you get the Nexus 4, 5 or 6 but for some reason I like the 5 a little better because the front part feels a little thicker and softer even compared to the Nexus 6 but they are all great!

I had very good experience with the Nau Shoe customer service!

5.0 out of 5 stars best shoe ever, February 28, 2012
I bought this for my husband who only bought black reebok running shoes most of his life and at some point, they skipped out on the quality after buying a pair to only have it last a couple of months before his toe poked through the front and the seams to undo....we were not impressed. So after searching for a bit, I convinced him to try these...black nice looking, good reviews. Boy is he happy! he says they r very comfy and light, bounce to your step, cushiony goodness. And he wears them alot more than the reebok and so far...no issues...it has been about 6mths. I will post again in abother 6mths and let u know how they r holding up! but wither way he recommends them if u want a comfy shoe for walking or running

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shoe Nice Price, January 28, 2012
This is my second purchase of a Mizuno shoe and I must say that I am equally impressed with this shoe as I was with my first purchase. Mizuno shoes are put together nicely. You can really feel the difference when you put these shoes on. They are really light even in my size 13s. I will warn that if you are running in cooler temperatures that you need to wear thick socks these pair are not well insulated and you can feel the cool air coming through the shoe. However I give the shoe a 4 out of 5 stars because I live in Houston and cold air is not a problem 350 days out of the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great heel and ankle support!, November 7, 2011
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Nexus 5 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I previously used a pair of Wave Nexus 4's and bought these Wave Nexus 5's as replacements. So far, these are quite durable and effective for CrossFit, road running, and some indoor volleyball. I am a bit of a heel-striker, and these shoes have adequate cushioning to prevent shin splints and keep me from developing soreness in my knees. Also, I am quite pleased with the ankle support: somewhat rigid for stability but not uncomfortable at all.

Five stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mizuno Wave Nexus 5 Running Shoe, August 28, 2011
I've had several pairs of Mizuno running shoes, previously purchased Wave Nexus 4's, decided to go with the 'new model'..... So far I'd have to say that these Wave Nexus 5's are just as reliable as my last pair.... Good toe room just like the Nexus 4's had.... I run an average of 12-18 miles each week and have not had any problems with these shoes...

1.0 out of 5 stars Might be fake, January 4, 2012
I've owned two pairs of these Mizunos (purchased from shoe stores) and loved 'em - what a great running shoe. I put many miles over varied terrain on mine and they always gave good support and were very comfortable. So I was overjoyed to see them available on Amazon and promptly ordered them. When they arrived they just did not look or feel right. The sole was stiffer and more plasticy than it should have been among other problems. I suspect they might be knockoffs. Very disappointed, I immediately sent them back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mizuno has never steered me wrong, December 1, 2011
These are my fifth pair of Mizuno Nexus sneakers. My first were the Nexus 3, then I got a 4 and now just purchases two 5s. Since I started using the Nexus series, I have not had any common running injuries (prior I often had shin splints). The Nexus are not as cushioned as some other running shoes, which I love since it is possible to have a better feel for the road. However, the 5s do have more cushioning than the 3s and 4s. I highly recommend the Nexus series.

(I ran my first marathon in my Nexus 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Mizuno Mens Shoe, January 7, 2012
It is tough to buy shoes (that fit) from the internet. The shoes arrived as described in three business days. The shoes were not a problem. The fit was. We called to see if we could exchange them for a l/2 size smaller--and we could not. We were allowed to return the shoes (unworn--in original packaging). The compnay issued a credit (minus the shipping cost.)

I misunderstood the Amazon policy. I thought shoes were an item which could be returned without penalty. I like the availability of shoes online--but I will actually buy in the store. There are other companies I have dealt with who will exchange without an additional shipping charge. (I do understand--The cost is incurred--But unless I am purchasing a replacement shoe, the system would not work for me.)

*Please note the rating applies to my experience with the vendor--not the shoe itself.

Rate and Discover Movies