Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 29, 2014
My back doesn't hurt anymore after running. I have had a problem with pain after running for two years due to a slipped disc in my back. Well I went to a local running store and was about to buy myt 3rd pair of Asics Gel Nimbus when I saw the Mizuno's on the shelf. I asked the guy at the store and he said they were "good" but then I looked and he was wearing them. He said he had run 10 miles that day and they gave him a good feel after a run. I tried them on and decided to buy them. I replace the insoles of all of my shoes with Dr. Scholl's exra thick insoles that have a half dome on the heel part. That helps a lot but I think the Mizuno's pushed it to where I can run again. I am not a shoe connoseiur I just know what I like and these have done what the Asics could not and that is make running tolerable. I have run a lot in my life including a double marathon.
on July 23, 2014
I am 5' 6" and weigh 200 lbs. So I am heavy and not athletic in any sense.

I have been running 3x a week for almost 6 months. I run/jog 2 miles everytime. I require the assistance of a IOS running app called 5K Runner. I have joined just 1 5K event. And I walked half of the time. So I am what I consider a novice runner. I also wear a knee brace as well to ease my sore knees afterwards.

Enough about the engine, let's talk about the wheels. These shoes are great. I did start running wearing Mizuno Wave Rider 16 and those shoes are divine too. I wore the Wave Riders for 5 months then decided to upgrade to the Wave Prophecy 3 while they were priced ridiculously less.

If you are a novice runner like myself, don't run 2 mi the first time you wear them. Or even for the first week. Otherwise, you will be unable to use your legs for a couple of days. These shoes will discover your never-been-used-before leg muscles and chew them up. My calves were fine but my tibial and peroneal muscles were sore. I recommend alternating 1 min walks with 1 minute runs. I'd do these for the first 2 weeks. After I broke these shoes in, my legs feel a lot fresher after my runs. The shoes cushion a lot of impact on your whole foot. I am a neutral gait runner judging by the wear on my other running shoes. I suspect it also eases the impact on my knees.

So I do recommend these shoes. But remember they don't make you better runners. That's still up to the engine, You.
on February 8, 2014
I have no connection to any of the running shoe corporations and work for the govt out in the Middle East. I have owned many different pairs and brands of running shoes and consider myself a heavier runner with the common complaints. My Nike's, Brooks, Asics are great shoes. However, I had complaints of knee, shin and ankle pain-discomfort. I wanted to try different types of shoes in order to lessen the pain and discomfort while running a few miles each secession and to eliminate the residual pain that followed. These shoes fit well. Honestly, my Nike Air's fit with the most comfort, but I get wicked knee, ankle and shin pain after running in them. The Nike's are now my elliptical workout shoes. The first time I ran in the Mizuno's, they felt different due to the hard plastic open sole, but they were super comfortable. There was no pain while running, immediately after finishing, and after a few days as I experienced with the other brands. These shoes are pricey, as are the other competitors. However, they also look decent. My new Asics look like a bowl of fruit loops. Appearance isn't the reason I will buy a shoe, but the colors on most of the newer running shoes are out of control. The best way to endorse a shoe company is to purchase another pair from them. I just purchased two more pairs of the Mizuno Prophecy 3's. If Mizuno keeps making outstanding running shoes like the Prophecy 3 Running Shoe, I am a devoted customer for life. They rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
77 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2014
Fit and finish is fantastic. I am also one who loves mizuno style and color, which is great on this shoe in my opinion. I went with the blue and tangerine. No denying they look very cool. They are selling pretty consitently well under MSRP which I think is a fair price for these vs MSRP.

I usually wears 12's and 12 fit me here although I probably could have gotten by in a 11.5 and have in other mizuno styles. I am 6'3" and 215lbs. 7-9 minute mile pace runner. The sole on these take a few miles to loosen up but once they do, they are very comfortable as far as shock mitigation goes.

They are a heavier shoe which is fine for my longer and slower runs but I won't choose this for a race. I don't notice any spring or performance enhancement with the full wave plate, just shock reduction. The other thing I noticed is that where the laces meet the forefoot area there is a double sew point that runs across the place the toes and main part of the foot meet. You can feel the threads from underneath. There is an approx 1/3" plastic overlay there as well as the edge part of wahtever is sewen in, likely something to reinforce and hold the laces. It also happens to be the natural bend point in the shoe for me. Taken together it creates a hot spot for me after about 3 miles as the threads, edge of the plastic overlay, and edge of what is sewen in are rubbing across my foot there.

That ends up being the only bummer for me on these but enough that instead of being a 4 or 5 star shoe for me they end up being just an OK one that I can't give more than 3 stars to. Again I love Mizunos and I have Elixers, Cursoris', Ferus's, Creations, Musha's, and a couple of others. This is the first one that I have any type of issue with.
on January 29, 2015
It is a good product. BUT it lasts only up 3 months for me. The end of heel-sole last very little because the rubber is too soft making it wears out too fast . On the second month, I could feel that the balance was not right and was causing knee pain. It occurred on both pair of Wave Prophecy 3 have. The rest of them look totally new although not good for a run.

It was not the way I was running (130-150 km/ 80-95 miles every month). I run for a long time, and had many with shoes that lasted much longer. So I am not an occasional runner.
on January 1, 2015
I read reviews on the fit and I have no idea where some people come up with these nutty thoughts. I bought a 10 1/2 instead of my usual 11 based on what reviewers had to say. Turns out they don't know what their shoe sizes are because they are flat-out wrong. The shoe is sized correctly.
on January 6, 2015
So I'm 245 lbs. and run usually between 15-25 miles/week and I have been searching for a long distance runner that didn't break down half way through my run. Now, I'm not going to bash the other brands I've used because I realize a 245 lb man is going to break shoes quite easily, but I gotta give credit where credit is due.

These shoes will absorb a ton of impact as well as give you a slight forward propulsion. They run very comfortably and clean. I never felt like the shoes were absorbing my momentum to much and slowing me down, I actually cut 12/ seconds /mile off my regular pace my first run. I might have been a little bit pumped up because they were new, but after a few more runs of solid cuts off my time I realized these shoes were legit.

If you are a long distance runner over 200 lbs. I gotta suggest these bad boys.

Thanks for reading
on July 3, 2015
Best running shoes ever. Yes, Best ever. I have been running since I was a kid and log at least 25/week and sometimes much more. I am 5'10, 225 pounds and 46 years old. As someone whose primary physical activity is lifting weights I know that I need a good shoe to protect my knees and back when running so am not afraid to spend a couple extra dollars to do it. The fit is excellent, I bought the Prophecy 2 when they came out and it got me running more because I have less stress on my body. They embrace the arch as you tighten them up but also have enough stretch that you can use the same shoe for interval training and for long run days(my feet usually stress shoes after 5 miles). My prophecy 2 are still going strong and have over 1000? miles on them and that is from a heavy dude pounding them. Great toe box, have lost toe nails before (consistently) with other shoes but not with these.
on August 1, 2015
I'll begin this review by saying, I do not get paid for this or even get free stuff from amazon. Just a normal dad buying stuff online and writing honest reviews. I won't hold back on my review if it sucks and often update my reviews as time goes on. I hate buying something and finding out after it was a bad purchase and full of phony reviews.

for some reason these "new" 2015 wave don't seem to built as solid and supportive as the older model. These work ok but not as good as my old ones. I would try and find a 2014 model shoe if you want a better supportive funning shoe.
on June 14, 2015
I have bad knees and shin splints - 1st time buying these - VERY, VERY, VERY light and cumfy. 3 weeks using them - 99% knee pain is gone and 95% shin spins gone - I have bought other Mizuno and they have lasted 2 to 3 times longer than other running shoe - I hope this one do too. 1 down side - little narrow in the heals and I am still getting blisters longer than I would normally get with new running shoes. Still band aids do the trick. They are still worth every penny!