5.0 out of 5 stars My back doesn't hurt after running.
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

At first you'll be shocked, as they are different, and different feels good. Hold that initial feel, and wait prior posting childish reviews like "best shoes ever!!!" which doesn't really help anyone who want technical, concrete details.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Published 10 months ago by Em

5.0 out of 5 stars My back doesn't hurt after running., January 29, 2014
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Prophecy 3 Running Shoe (Apparel)
My back doesn't hurt anymore after running. I have had a problem with pain after running for two years due to a slipped disc in my back. Well I went to a local running store and was about to buy myt 3rd pair of Asics Gel Nimbus when I saw the Mizuno's on the shelf. I asked the guy at the store and he said they were "good" but then I looked and he was wearing them. He said he had run 10 miles that day and they gave him a good feel after a run. I tried them on and decided to buy them. I replace the insoles of all of my shoes with Dr. Scholl's exra thick insoles that have a half dome on the heel part. That helps a lot but I think the Mizuno's pushed it to where I can run again. I am not a shoe connoseiur I just know what I like and these have done what the Asics could not and that is make running tolerable. I have run a lot in my life including a double marathon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy these running shoes, February 8, 2014
Tpr. Joe (WOODBRIDGE, VA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Prophecy 3 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I have no connection to any of the running shoe corporations and work for the govt out in the Middle East. I have owned many different pairs and brands of running shoes and consider myself a heavier runner with the common complaints. My Nike's, Brooks, Asics are great shoes. However, I had complaints of knee, shin and ankle pain-discomfort. I wanted to try different types of shoes in order to lessen the pain and discomfort while running a few miles each secession and to eliminate the residual pain that followed. These shoes fit well. Honestly, my Nike Air's fit with the most comfort, but I get wicked knee, ankle and shin pain after running in them. The Nike's are now my elliptical workout shoes. The first time I ran in the Mizuno's, they felt different due to the hard plastic open sole, but they were super comfortable. There was no pain while running, immediately after finishing, and after a few days as I experienced with the other brands. These shoes are pricey, as are the other competitors. However, they also look decent. My new Asics look like a bowl of fruit loops. Appearance isn't the reason I will buy a shoe, but the colors on most of the newer running shoes are out of control. The best way to endorse a shoe company is to purchase another pair from them. I just purchased two more pairs of the Mizuno Prophecy 3's. If Mizuno keeps making outstanding running shoes like the Prophecy 3 Running Shoe, I am a devoted customer for life. They rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Mainly for runners with low arch, unlike me. Not neutral anymore. From 209$ to 130$ in 5 months, wonder why?, November 6, 2013
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Prophecy 3 Running Shoe (Apparel)

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Prophecy 2 was no improvement, just different upper with no noticeable progress. I bet 99% of the reviews were sponsored, since the hype was extremely of out proportion (too many of them say nothing you cannot say about any other shoe).

Prophecy 3 is firmer (in a good way), with more shock absorbtion. The upper insoles' material has changed (no one talks about that..) - personally I can't testify about that since I'm using my own orthotics. However the new coating seems higher quality. It remainds the upper coating of the Glycerin 11 insoles. I'm sure people without orthotics are going to like it. For those who care: I have mildly high arches (therefore orthotics), however my doctor says they're flexible so my condition isn't bad as not-flexible high arched people.

The upper of the shoe itself has become less stiff than it was previous incarnations. I can see and FEEL, that some changes has been made to the midsole. I couldn't see those at Prophecy 2, which I believe to be a scandal (the "changes" were too minor to justify new edition). Happy to report, Prophecy 3 is a significant progress over Prophecy 1.
The botoom part material has also been changed, I think it's a thin layer of extra cushioning, given the qualities of rubber like yet dense.

The front isn't going upwards like previous Prophecy 1\2, personally I did like that looks in previous incarnations. I guess however the change has something to do with the midsole's new design.

Cons:
A. Indeed - dangerous under wet conditions. Extremely slippery, so watch youself.
B. price is out of proportion... No reason for 10$ incerement. It happens with every successful model: Asics Kinsei, Brooks Glycerin... Once the brand knows there's a wide base of ADDICTIVE customers, prices just keep grow and grow. I'm sorry that Mizuno feel so comfortable starting the increment at the 3rd edition only.. I don't wanna see Prophecy 10 at 270$ like NB M2040.

UPDATE 17 Dec 2013:
Stopped using them as they gave me ball of foot pain (never before), with or without orthotics. Upper also rubs at my middle foot area.
I do appreciate the changes they did to the midsole, however those changes are too harsh for my foot. I sold them 2nd hand and bought another Prophecy 2 instead. Maybe, the not-going-upwards end of the shoe (unlike Prophecy 1/2) inflicts on less support to the front-foot area.

1.0 out of 5 stars They shrunk the toe box, March 25, 2014
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Prophecy 3 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I started wearing the original Wave Creation back in 2002/03 and probably purchased >40 pairs up through Wave Creation 12 when I switched to the new Prophecy. I have likely purchased 10 pairs of the Prophecy and Prophecy 2- great shoes. With the redesign of the Prophecy 3 they shrunk the toe box and designed me out of the shoe. Rubs the top of my toes raw. I have purchased a few pairs of Prophecy 2 in hopes they correct the problem with the Prophecy 4, otherwise I'm movin on to another brand. Major disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoes for novice runners., July 23, 2014
V. Macariola "victor is a fan" (Phoenix, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Prophecy 3 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I am 5' 6" and weigh 200 lbs. So I am heavy and not athletic in any sense.

I have been running 3x a week for almost 6 months. I run/jog 2 miles everytime. I require the assistance of a IOS running app called 5K Runner. I have joined just 1 5K event. And I walked half of the time. So I am what I consider a novice runner. I also wear a knee brace as well to ease my sore knees afterwards.

Enough about the engine, let's talk about the wheels. These shoes are great. I did start running wearing Mizuno Wave Rider 16 and those shoes are divine too. I wore the Wave Riders for 5 months then decided to upgrade to the Wave Prophecy 3 while they were priced ridiculously less.

If you are a novice runner like myself, don't run 2 mi the first time you wear them. Or even for the first week. Otherwise, you will be unable to use your legs for a couple of days. These shoes will discover your never-been-used-before leg muscles and chew them up. My calves were fine but my tibial and peroneal muscles were sore. I recommend alternating 1 min walks with 1 minute runs. I'd do these for the first 2 weeks. After I broke these shoes in, my legs feel a lot fresher after my runs. The shoes cushion a lot of impact on your whole foot. I am a neutral gait runner judging by the wear on my other running shoes. I suspect it also eases the impact on my knees.

So I do recommend these shoes. But remember they don't make you better runners. That's still up to the engine, You.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes !!, January 3, 2014
I really loved the shoes. Very comfortable and makes your stepping very soft when running.
No complaints whatsoever, the price however is a little salty.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the Prophecy 2, September 5, 2014
I enthusiastically bought these shoes after running on 4 pairs of the prior models. Historically they are very expensive but entirely worth it with a very stiff but neutral run that for me felt like they were doing half the running for me. In fact, i've been so unhappy running on them for the past month, I dug out my old pair and had a better run on them this morning (hence the review).

Unfortunately this model highly reflects the price cut. I'm not highly technical, but it runs much differently (no magic to help me sprint on) and the little extras like the ribbed laces and quality insole are gone.

They're flashy and I get many complements, but that doesn't shave time. Overall the magic is gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great feel, December 10, 2013
I have owned a few pairs of the wave creation, which incorporates the infinity plate (wave) system on the heel. I always liked them for running. When you extend that to the whole foot, it feels great. Even walking in these shoes is wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Amazed, August 21, 2014
Gary Hosmer (Marietta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
I refused to buy the Prophecy for three years simply because I refused to pay $200 for a running shoe. Actually, I was afraid I would like it and then go broke buying additional pairs. So, when they finally dropped the price to $99, I figured, give a pair a shot.
Suffice it to say, I will now be buying as many pair as I can for $99. The shoe is too heavy for racing, except maybe a marathon, but it is the most comfortable, most supportive, best fitting shoe I have worn in 35 years of running and racing. There is no negative except the weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes!, September 5, 2014
Fantastic shoe! Fantastic shoe! After reading tons of reviews, I finally purchased these. First pair of Mizuno's. I own 4 pairs of Brooks, one pair of Newtons, 2 pairs of Adidas, and two pairs of New Balance shoes. These shoes will be my main running shoes. Comfortable landing at any speed, even if you are a heel striker, same feeling under your entire foot. Get your REGULAR shoe size. Upper fits well, and comfortable, and holds your foot well. These are great shoes.

Mizuno Men's Wave Prophecy 3 Running Shoe