5.0 out of 5 stars The best running shoe!
Not only is the Mizuno Wave Rider 14 running shoe beautiful to look at but is very supportive, comfortable, and handles well both on paved surfaces and off road as well. The shoe is well constructed and I highly recommend this product to enthusiastic runners as well as the individual who just wants a comfortable shoe for a casual walk around town.
Published on March 13, 2012 by Mary

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the same Wave Rider
Have ran in the previous 2 models of the Wave Rider but this iteration is vastly different! The heel cup and ankle coller are too tight and high which results in holding the foot in the wrong places. The toe box is more pointed, really restricting the natural way my foot wants to sit in the shoe. Most noticeably, the arch support I had grown accustomed to in the...
Published on July 24, 2011 by Chris Oliver

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe!, May 31, 2012
I have been running in these shoes for two weeks now and I absolutley love them. I am 6'3 196lbs. and these shoes are great for me. I ran a 5k in them last week and I am doing another one again this Sat. and my feet were completley fine after the race. I wasn't sure about buying these because of some of the reviews,but I am glad I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, Leightweight, May 4, 2012
I ordered these shoes after spending a year (too long, I know) running on an identical pair. That pair was fitted on the advice of experts at an Atlanta boutique - and they were right.

Finding the right running shoes depends heavily on how you run and how your feet and legs are shaped. No review can say that a certain shoe is right for you. But, these shoes have the advantage of adequate cushioning and exceptionally light weight. If they fit your feet and your running style, they're a good choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ankle issue?, April 13, 2012
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 14 Running Shoe (Apparel)
It should have been a red flag that this shoe made up a large portion of the discounted shoes section, forty percent off. That plus my gift certificates pulled the price down to twenty-nine dollars for a new pair.

I ran six miles and didn't notice anything until I began walking. That's when I felt the collar of the shoe rubbing against the ball of my right ankle.

If it begins to bother me my plan is to put a cotton ball under my ankle ball and have a go.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's true - the 13 was better, November 8, 2011
If you've done any research on these, you'll have seen that many people liked the Wave Rider 13s more. I'm one of them. I went ahead and bought these, and they are ok, but seem to have significantly more heft than the 13s, starting to move away from a neutral shoe to more of a stability shoe. Not a bad shoe, by the prior version was better in my opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very different than the 10-13, September 12, 2011
Jeff Wittich (Goleta, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 14 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I want to echo what the other reviewers said. I have had about 10 pairs of the past few models (10-13). I bought 2 pairs of the 14s and have put about 200 miles on each one so far. The ankle collar is too high and tight. I'm considering ditching both pairs due to the pain in causes when I run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe, May 18, 2012
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 14 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I logged onto amazon to see if I could still get this shoe to replace the pair I have been running in since last year. When I noticed some of the ridiculous reviews, I felt I needed to weigh in. Shoe is not much different from the wave rider 13. Maybe some shoe geek can find things to complain about, but this shoe fits and wears almost identically to the last version. It is a great shoe for those of us in the 3-5 miles per day 4 days a week category. It is a neutral shoe with good cushioning. Not super light, but my days of serious competition are behind me. If you want a well built, reliable, stable and comfortable shoe for runs of 5 miles and less I highly recommend this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a fan, January 31, 2012
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 14 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I'm glad to hear Mizuno has scraped this version of this shoe. I am a loyal Mizuno Rider runner, but this shoe is terrible. The shoe seems heavier and the high collar is a nuisance.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT The Same Wave Rider, January 20, 2012
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 14 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I've worn Wave Riders for some time. I've owned the 10, 11, 12 and 13. The WR14 simply wouldn't work for me, and I've never really had that problem before.

I saw the other reviews, many of them negative, but I thought it would be okay. Wave Riders are my favorite shoes, and I'm not terribly particular because I don't need my shoes to do too much. I just need a neutral shoe, and I prefer something that gives me some road feel. I don't run a lot of miles. In short, I can wear a lot of shoes, but I have always preferred Wave Riders.

Until now. I returned the pair I just bought. I simply could not wear them. I wear a 9.5 with a heavy (Thorlos) sock. The WR14s were too small on me. I even tried to switch to much lighter socks, and it wasn't nearly enough to make a difference. The problem wasn't length. The problem was volume in my mid-foot. The heel cup is very firm (to the point of being clunky) and it seemed to move my whole foot forward, and the shoe didn't give me enough room. There was serious pressure on the top of my foot. There was no way I could run in them

I've never returned a pair of shoes before, but these just weren't going to work for me. I also really didn't want to exchange them and go up a 1/2 size because I felt they were long enough, they just couldn't provide enough volume.

I hope the WR15 goes back to the formula that has made Mizuno so successful. It was great to be able to get shoes I could count on. Every foot is different, and every runner is different, but if you are considering the WR14, you may very well want to go up a 1/2 size or try them on first. In my experience it's a completely different fit from previous WRs.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Mizuno, November 5, 2011
Russell G. Moore (North Ridgeville, OH) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 14 Running Shoe (Apparel)
Knowing that I really should try on running shoes before buying, I pulled the trigger on these Wave Runner 14's from Amazon because of my past experience with Mizuno and the great price. A friend recently told me that specialty shops always have the first quality shoes from the manufacturer, followed by department stores, then discounters and finally online stores like Amazon having the lowest quality from any given manufacturer. I still took the chance.

My experience has been great with my Mizunos from Amazon. The fit very well, the size was right on, and they feel just like the shoes I buy at the specialty stores locally, free from defects or any weirdness at all. I can't detect any difference at all. In fact, I may opt for a pair of the Wave Runner 15's from Amazon as well.

I got a great deal on a first-quality pair of premium running shoes by choosing these. I would recommend these to anyone who knows a great value when they see one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fit for narrow feet, November 28, 2013
Really like these shoes! Well cushioned, lightweight, but yet a supportive shoe for training. I was a Saucony and Nike guy for years, but now I'm a Mizuno convert - have two pairs of these that I alternate. The fit is better than Saucony or Nike for my narrow foot with high arch, and I think the flexibility of the forefoot is better.

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›