Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mizuno Men's Wave Ronin 2 Running Shoe
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

100%

on March 17, 2010
Shoe arrived yesterday. Was going to go for a 5 mile run to break them in and ended up doing 12. Shoe feels great! VERY light and unrestrictive and just enough cushioning. Note these are practically a racing flat so if you're used to heavier training shoe they will feel much different. Ive been running in shoes with pronation support for a long time, per the experts at the shoe store, and battling knee problems. Its too early to tell with these nuetral shoes but after 12 miles yesterday I did not wake up this morning limping. Which is not the case with all my other shoes. Im male, 45, 175 pounds, 6', about a 9:15 pace for long runs and generally dont do much more than 20-25 miles a week due to perpetually sore knee.
on July 25, 2010
these shoes are great! i have put about 200 miles on them so far, and i use them for all of my runs, long runs included. i'm female and bought size 5.5 (i wear 6.5 in women's sizes), and they fit well. it took my legs a couple of weeks to get used to these shoes because these are minimalist shoes that don't have a lot of extra rubber. that lets your foot hit the ground in a more natural and comfortable angle. i also don't have the knee trouble i used to have with traditional running shoes.
on December 17, 2010
very light but supportive. This may be the best shoe ever made. I've worn the mizuno wave rider for 10 years and recently began running with mizuno universe in an attempt to go towards the "minimalist" movement. The universe are amazing as well... feels like you are wearing socks. The problem was, no matter how hard I tried, I could not maintain a fore foot strike 100% of the time during slow runs. The ronin solves that with its increased support over the universe. It provides plenty of support while maintaining the light weight of a racer. The fit is very similar to the wave rider. I've removed the insoles, and it still provides plenty of support. I still use the universe for short to medium runs at an up tempo pace (and in races) and use the ronin for long runs or any run where I will be keeping a slower pace. They are obviously not the prettiest shoe out there, but the feel is absolutely amazing.
on March 30, 2012
I literally had problems running even a single mile for the past ten years with heavy traditional running shoes like the mainstream Asics gel line that cost $120. This shoe solved that by 1) being ridiculously light and 2) helping me transition to midfoot striking quickly (it took me about 2 days, but I've been unknowingly been using zero drop martial arts shoes for years). I have no gone on to shoes with lower heel toe drop (Kinvara and Lunaracer) than the 9mm on this model, and when I do rotate this shoe back into my line up, it feels significantly high in the back. BUT, rotating is good to train different muscles, and this shoe is fast for sprints or racing 5Ks. It also acts as the best trail shoe out of my collection as I don't really buy trail shoes. It dries quickly, it breathes very very well, it's semisupportive for a minimalist shoe and its very grippy.

It has a hard cushion and in the first week I ran I got numb toes. I solved this by flipping the front part of the shoe lace "upside down" and freeing up more toeroom. The hard cushioning makes it fast and good for trail runs. GREAT SHOE.
on May 20, 2010
I bought it from Amazon and I am using Ronin 2 only to race. It is the right thing to me, mixing comfort, stability and weight.
on November 11, 2010
Nice light running shoe. It has the right amount of cushion. Used them in triathlons. Felt great in sprint and olympic distances. Okay for half iron distance, but that was the last race of a Triple T (feet were hurting by the last day anyways).