5.0 out of 5 stars A serious shoe!
Published on June 15, 2012 by G. Hatton

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed : (
Published on February 19, 2012 by Kim Field

5.0 out of 5 stars A serious shoe!, June 15, 2012
I suffer from bad knees, at least i thought i did until these shoes. My problem i was running around in a pair of Adidas Climacool and they had nowhere near the support i need, so i did the research and decided on these, i have the crimson ones and they are excellent, put about 20 miles on them so far, been out 4 times with them and i have no more knee pain. i'm a big guy 220lbs 6,2, I'm losing weight fast and these are perfect for my weight and knees, they will only get better, even when I'm at my goal weight of 180lbs. Great shoe with amazing spring and support.

5.0 out of 5 stars My feet are smiling, February 6, 2012
Patricia Blouse (Red Lion, PA USA) - See all my reviews
AMAZING SHOE. Displeased with both the colors and price increase of the Wave Creation 13, I determined that I would try on a pair of Wave Rider 15's. I found the Wave Riders to be lacking for me, fit-wise. The salesperson then suggested the Enigma. Not a bad shoe at all (loved the toe box), and I would have probably purchased the Enigma...EXCEPT!...once my feet sank into the Wave Creation 13's and felt the superb arch support and excellent cushioning on the ball of the foot, it was all over. Now, this will be my fifth pair of the Wave Creation, so perhaps it just felt 'right'... I do know that I don't know that I will ever wear another running shoe!

5.0 out of 5 stars In a word AMAZING, January 9, 2013
I am a larger guy 6'4" around 280. I have been trying to get back into shape and I use to love running. However now that I have gotten a little older it wasn't so easy. I quickly started to suffer from pain below the knee "Jumpers Knee" and also would get a pretty good case of shin splints every now and then. I was doing everything before and after the run I could to try and prevent it but nothing helped. Then I started to research shoes for larger runners and found these. They have changed my life. I have put around 30 miles on them so far and haven't looked back since. I use to suffer after only a couple miles, I ran a 10K the other day and though I was sore afterwords it felt closer to the soreness I remember feeling as a kid after a long run, my muscles were simply tired. I would highly recommend these to anyone looking to save the knees and enjoy running again.

5.0 out of 5 stars the right shoe for me..., December 17, 2012
Heather Darling Cortes (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I have run 2 marathons and many half marathons and many more shorter races. I am 41 and I don't have any injuries. I took the diagnostic on the Mizuno site and the site suggested the creation 13. I had been on enigmas for my last 3 pairs on shoes. I was on brooks gels before that. I like how mizunos "roll". I put the creation 13s on and did 6 miles on the treadmill and my feet and joints felt like bliss. No lie. I did a 15k with the creation13s two days after I got them. No problems. The enigmas sometimes would make me sprout a blister on my first long run. No blister with these new shoes. I guess these are my new shoes! I guess mizunos analysis site worked. Totally satisfied. Plus, the color is more fuscia. The internet makes them look more wine colored. They are very pretty!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, December 20, 2012
Wes Nestor (LAYTON, UT, US) - See all my reviews
My wife loves the Mizuno line and this shoe has a wider toe box, more spring than most. Need to order a 1/2 to full size bigger if you plan to run in these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes, January 13, 2013
To be honest, I have only written a few reviews for products on other sites before. This is my first Amazon review (or at least the only one I can remember writing). I'm a pretty overweight guy trying to get into shape, so I did a little research on shoes for bigger guys. I had been wearing Nike Free Run 2's and while they were working out nicely, I wanted a little more comfort with my run. Being heavy sucks lol. So, like I said, did some research and come to find out there are shoes that really help with weight distribution, I also overpronate and let me just say that these shoes help so much it's crazy. Normally I need to take breaks in-between running days but since I got these, my legs don't need a days rest like normal. I can run just as far the day after a run as I could the day before.

If you are overweight and looking for a running shoe that really helps, please consider getting this one. :) Thanks for reading my review!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mizuno Wave Creation, June 30, 2012
Shoes are limited in a size 9 women's wide for a severe underpronator. These shoes are great and the most comfortable I've ever worn.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed : (, February 19, 2012
I love Mizuno running shoes. That is all that I have wore in the last 3 years. I started with the wave inspire but quickly moved to the wave creation 11 and 12. I've own 2 pairs of each and I love everything about them, they have ran me through a handful of half marathons and 10km races with no complaints. So when I needed a new pair of shoes of course I went straight to the wave creation 13's. I love the new fun colours and I figured they would fit like a glove, but I was wrong and very disappointed. I wear a 8.5 so this is what I ordered in the 13. It felt big. The toe box which I love in the 11 and 12 is spacious which is great on long runs so your toes don't fall asleep but the 13's toe box is more narrow and longer which feels very uncomfortable. Right now I'm looking for new shoes quick. Might go for the prophecy or another brand altogether. Very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mizuno Wave Creation 13, February 15, 2013
I have worn mizuno's ever since I saw a foot doctor 15 years ago....these are the most AMAZING show...I buy two pair at one time and change them every other day as the doctor told me to. They last much longer. I never have shin splints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comfort and wonderful balance, February 14, 2013
I have been a big fan of Mizuno running for a couple of years ever since I got into running (prior to that I wore Nikes) and I have to say after a couple of iterations of wearing the Wave series these are, by far, the best running shoes I've ever owned.

Good:
These shoes are stylish and extremely comfy, the inside of the shoe has a bit of elastic on the sides and up to the tongue so it really helps to hug and compress your foot ever so slightly to help dampen energy transfer. The bottom of the shoe on the heel up to the arch is made of molded plastic, this feature above almost any other truly helps with the impact of your pace and is an amazingly great feature, and connects onto the flexible ball part up to the toes. The top side has fine mesh that helps keep out some of the weather but also lets in enough air to keep your feet cool (socks permitting of course). The first day I had them I went on a mile and a half jog just to break them in and I have to say this was the easiest pair of running shoes I've ever had broken in, the next day I ran my 5k route and it felt like I had done nothing at all, since receiving these shoes my times have improved and my feet feel wonderful.

The bad:
I don't have much bad to say about these shoes, I think maybe they could have more reflective surfaces than just the badge on the back and maybe just a slight bit more flexibility, maybe set the heel molding back a little further, but ultimately these are small complaints and I cannot say enough about how absolutely excellent these shoes are.

If you are looking for comfort, style and a truly delightful running experience look no further, these ARE the shoes for you!