Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback

on March 21, 2011
This is my second pair- I have wide feet and high arches and these are so comfortable and help me run without pain. Love them.
on July 30, 2011
If you're not quite an excessive over pronator and/or under pronator and not exactly neutral either it is a real pain to find good running shoes. I'm slightly an over pronator but not so much so that I need a cushion shoe. Stability shoes are the worst! This shoe is a great blend of the two.
I recently bought a pair of Mizunos and I loved them so I figured I would give the Wave a try. I have no complaints even though it's only been a few runs in. I used to swell in my chins and my ankles but not anymore. I also have plantar fascitis and have not had any pain with these shoes. I find it easier to run faster as well with these shoes, I'm guessing it is the raised toe design.
The Mizunos I had previously are a smiliar design but this one is definately made with a female in mind. Females have a Q Angle which makes their gait cycle somewhat different and even the best shoes fail to assist the issue. Compared to the pattern of previous shoes the heel of the shoe has better cushion and just a bit of bounce. The arch is stable and provides good impact support. The raised toe design, which is more raised than any brand I've tried so far, makes the lift of the ball almost effortless. For this, my speed and distance has increased in just a few runs.
Be prepared if you're going from a cushion shoe to find the first few runs a little more difficult since this shoe is more of a mix between stability and cushion. Also, you may feel the run more than before, but that's a good thing! I have definately found my shoe and plan to order a few more pairs just in case it should cycle out.
The shoe may be a little expensive but it is well worth the cost!
33 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2011
First, this shoe is great for runners with high arches. Second, you must order a size larger then what you normally buy. This shoe is excellent for long runs, gives great arch support, and light weight. In addition, it has a wide shoe box to provide room for your toes to spread. I found this very comfortable, even though I have narrow feet.
on February 17, 2011
I am loving these sneakers. I have had them for three weeks and have no sign of knee or ankle pain (as was the case with my other sneakers). I am looking forward to loading on the miles.

Design is nice. I don't like flashy shoes and these are border-line for me, but I have grown to like the style.

I wear a 7.5 and had to reorder a size 8 in these. The 7.5 was too small.
on November 5, 2011
The shoes were of good quality and appealing appearance but were extremely uncomfortable. I generally run 7-10 miles daily but after the initial mile in these shoes, my shins were on fire. When wearing the Mizunos, my foot fall was on the heel regardless of what I tried.

So, in short, the shoes simply were not for me. I returned the shoes for a full refund with no problems.
on May 28, 2011
I really like these shoes. I originally bought them at the mall and paid way too much money -- mostly because the sales guy was really funny. But in the end, these shoes have been amazing. I work 11 hour days, standing on my feet for a good portion of the day and these shoes hug my heel perfectly, but don't scrunch my toes. The arch support is in the perfect spot for me, and the weird bottom of the shoe gives me just the right amount of support all day long. I used to wear Asics all of the time -- but I was getting heal pain. Not anymore!

I do have one complaint (even though I am still going to give them 5 stars)... the glue they use to keep the tread on the bottom of the shoes must not be very waterproof. I know that I should replace my shoes more often -- but I don't... My feet get wet at work... and so when they are getting old - the tread on the bottom always starts to peel away and I am walking around with a piece of rubber flopping up and down on the bottom of my shoe.

Still great shoes! I wish I could find more of them in size 8.5 -- that must be a really popular size.
on August 7, 2011
Other reviews seem to really like this shoe a lot; however, I found that this shoe is very similar to how the Nike Shox perform while running. I had a difficult time trying to maintain stability and a good inline stride. It was like my legs wanted to go every other way but straight.
One thing that I may attribute this to is that I'm not a small person-5'10" training for my second marathon (thinking that maybe I sink too much on my heel when I run) I went back to my mizuno wave riders for stability.
On a positive note this shoe is great for interval training-really can give you more freedom to speed run.
on September 24, 2011
I love the Wave Creation series, so when this one came out, I had to buy it. I love the shoes, but the heel cup hugs my foot low enough and the support in the back is just high enough to cause friction against my ankle to the point of bleeding. It's almost as though the shoe holds my ankle too tightly at just the wrong spot. I'm hoping the 13 lowers that point in the ankle again because the 11s and all previous models were AWESOME, and now I can't find any of them anywhere in my size.
on April 11, 2012
I have always run in Asics, but thought I would try a different brand based on these reviews of Mizuno running shoes. After the first 3 miles of a 9 mile run, my feet were killing me. I actaully turned around and went home to put on my Asics. There is very little cushion for the ball of the foot and the back of the shoe is pretty high which was causing friction on my heel. Like the other reviews say, the shoes do run a 1/2 size small.
on August 11, 2012
This is a great running shoe, it was a little stiff when i first started using them but after a few weeks they offer the support i was looking for. the only down side is the open areas on the bottom. if you end up running on a trail, rocks and mud will get stuck in that open area