Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on March 20, 2012
I have been running for over 25 years and have NEVER put on a pair of MIzuno's until this week. I have always gravitated toward the Asics or Brooks but when I went to my local running store for a new pair of shoes this week, I really liked the feel of the Wave inspire 8 so I went for it and purchased them. After a few runs, I have to say I am impressed. This shoe is an all around work horse. They are light enough and responsive enough for your short 2-6 mile runs but substantial and supportive enough for the longer runs as well. I love the support coupled with the light feel. They fit so well all over... seem to just mold to my foot. The toe box is roomy but not overly bulky, the arch is perfect, and heel area couldn't be more comfortable. I haven't had these for long... but I am excited to see how they hold up and continue to be my go to running shoe!
on November 17, 2011
The mizuno wave inspire 7s were awful- particularly the fit around the ankle and that they felt like they needed "breaking in". The 8s are back to the fit of the 6 with the low ankle and they feel wonderful from first run again.

And the colors are gorgeous :)
on March 23, 2012
I was having knee pain and foot blisters in my nike's while training for the LA marathon. I bought these 3 weeks prior to the race and did a 22 mile run in them a day later with NO problems. When running the marathon this past weekend, I had no knee pain or blisters. These shoes are my new favorites. I went up a size and a half from my regular size to allow room for swelling during long runs. They are perfect!
on October 26, 2012
I was always a die hard fan of Asics until I began running longer distances and started getting shin splints.
I went to the Mizuno website and took the online questionnaire to find the correct shoe for me which turned out to be the Wave Inspire 8.
I should have ordered 2 pairs, especially with the price they were on Amazon at the time!!

These shoes are amazing. No more shin splints, the support is great, and there was literally NO breaking in time.
They are also a lot lighter than my old Asics.
I ran 6.5 miles the first time I put them on and no problems whatsoever.
I can't recommend these shoes enough.

I was worried about the size, but I just ordered 1 half size bigger than what I wear in non-athletic shoes and they were perfect.
If you do run long distances and your feet swell a lot I would recommend maybe a full size bigger, but mine don't swell too much.

They are also very nice looking shoes. I got the White/Persian Jewel/Dress Blue, but would have loved the green ones!

I will wear Mizunos from now on, goodbye Asics. Great shoe!!
on September 30, 2012
My trainer is a runner and buys this brand exlusively to run in. I did a little research and found that the company is founded in GA and they are manufactured there. I did read other reviews of this brand (learned they run small) so I went up a 1/2 size and they fit perfectly. I sprayed them with Scotchguard to keep them looking new as the enclosed instructions indicated only spot-cleaning these would be suitable for the type of materials used. I've only started running, so I haven't had any issues yet but these shoes are designed to help with pronating -- I also wear Brooks since I circuit train - and those also help with prontation. I haven't noticed one brand is better than the other in that regard (between the Mizuno Wave and Brooks Adrenaline make/models).
on July 9, 2012
I was skeptical about spending over $100 on shoes, I've never done that before, but it is money well spent! I have high arches and most shoes make my feet hurt. With these shoes though, I can run for miles and no pain. Very cushiony! Just be sure to get half a size up! They run a little small.
on April 24, 2013
I thought I would try these with pronation and all. I usually buy the Wave Alchemy. A little stiff arund the ankle and a teeny bit narrow for a B, overall and good stable shoe. Fits well. I can still run well in them and wear after without soreness. Not as flexible as the Alchemy but when you need a stabilizer shoe who can you trust? It's a keeper but I do love the Wave Alchemy so much better.I wear a 7 1/2 but wear an 8 B in these. Just ran a 5k in these shoes and did they feel great!! Bouncey, great stability, yet light. I am now sold!!
on February 26, 2013
I bought this shoe based on some of the reviews I read. Ineeded another pair of running shoes. I have had a bunion repair on my left foot and a right foot that still needs one. Therefore, I would not recommend this shoe to someone who truly needs wide width especially if you are planning to put in your own orthotics. Toe box is not very deep or wide for that matter. Shipping was extremely fast and it is a nice looking shoe. I have yet to decide if I will keep or send it back. If I keep it it will not be a running shoe it will be for walking only... but do I want to do this without my orthotics? 4 stars for great price, great shipping, great looking shoe. Minus one star for fit. I did buy a 1/2 size larger than I normally wear.
on December 2, 2012
This is a great shoe especially if you can get a bargain price in this model. The shoe fits great with good flexibility that does not burden the hamstrings. Comparatively it is the most flexible I have worn. For a mid mileage runner this shoe will work. Good stable shoe and I recommend it.
on November 22, 2012
I had the wave 6s and 7s and expected these to be even more comfortable. But somehow they are not, they are stiff and the sole harder, less cushioning. These are just "ok" - of corse they have the usual quality, but just not the comfort I expected.