5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Support
Mizuno Women's Wave Prophecy 2 Running Shoe

I love these!

I researched all the shoes out there and read hundreds of reviews.

There are a hundred reviews from women recovering from or dealing with injuries and pain from:

Published 21 months ago by SkyDancer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money
Published 17 months ago by Heather McClellan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Support, March 15, 2013
SkyDancer (Colorado, USA) - See all my reviews
Mizuno Women's Wave Prophecy 2 Running Shoe

I love these!

I researched all the shoes out there and read hundreds of reviews.

any or all joints; hip; back; spinal; shin splints; connective tissue; sprains and strains; surgeries; medical persons on long shifts on their feet for up to 24 hours; moms chasing and keeping up with the little ones;

you name it - that have taken the time to write about the benefit they received wearing this shoe. I mention this to save you time and energy doing the research yourself. Also, women who were very 'brand loyal' to other brands for years, dropped 'em for this shoe once they used it.

This shoe is designed to move the energy created during movement so it transitions in a wave flow rather than a jarring impact to our bodies when walking, running and during activities.

It is the top of the line of their wave shoe and worth every penny if you can benefit from the added ease this shoe provides ~ I say, "Go for It!"

I have injuries and can say this shoe has made a difference in the ease with which I walk and is therapeutic. I also have, 'flat feet' and these really work for me.

I am in a size 7 street shoe, and wear the 7 1/2 B in this shoe without the padded insert that came with this shoe. It fits like a glove!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, January 1, 2013
J. Peterson (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) - See all my reviews
Wow!

This is my first pair of Mizuno Wave Prophecy 2 and I love them. I power walk 6 days a week and wanted a pair of running shoes to alternate with my Asics Kinsei 4. A rep at RoadRunner recommended them. He said they fit like the Asics and are good for runners (walkers in my case) who have narrow feet and high arches. The shoe fit perfectly. At first the shoes felt strange, unlike any shoe I’ve worn. It felt like I was walking on the midsoles and bypassing the heels. The back end of the midsole seems to take the force of each foot strike rather than the heel. Initially I wasn’t sure if I liked this feel but the more I walked around the house the better it felt. Today I took my first walk in them and it was like walking on a cloud. I walked 10 miles instead of my intended 6 miles! At the end of my walk I had no lower back pain like I sometimes experience on a long walk. The shoe is kind of ugly but the comfort far outweighs the appearance. I absolutely love these shoes!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, July 4, 2013
This is my second pair of Mizuno Prophecy. The Prophecy 1 were great. I don't know what they changed in the Prophecy 2, but I feel that there is little support & cushion. I run 10-25 miles a week depending on my training schedule. I'm training for a marathon. I've run previous marathons in Nike and Mizuno. I'm really disappointed in the Prophency 2. I've been getting shinsplints and had to go back to my old nikes that I feel have more cushion and support. I have a medium size arch, but I feel that there is zero support in the arch. On long runs, my arch aches after the run. I don't know what changed, but would not recommend them for long distance runners.

If you decide to give these shoes a go... definitely go up a 1/2 size. My prophecy 1 were true to size, but these shoes are made with different material and don't have as much give. I had to go a 1/2 size bigger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for back pain, February 13, 2013
Great shoes for those who have back/ disc problem. I have been using reebok easytone and kswiss tubes eversince I had an injury. The only good shoes I could use for my herniated disc. After researching for better shoes, I found out that wave prophecy 2 is way better and more comfortable. This is the most expensive everyday shoes I have purchased but it is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best running shoes I have ever ran in!, December 13, 2012
loriann (Walla Walla, Wa, US) - See all my reviews
I love the Mizuno Prophecy 1, I have ran in Mizuno for 5 years and the Prophecy 1 for just a year now. I will never go back, I took a short run in a pair of Mizuno wave last week I had sitting in my closet. Great shoe good run no problem just not the Prophecy, the Prophecy offers a gentle roll to heal to toe running a excellet shock shoe and good toe box! Ordering another pair tonight.ck

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE my new Mizunos!, February 20, 2014
I don't know what it is about Mizuno shoes, but they always fit me like a glove. Absolutely no break in time, and I can run miles and miles without the issue of black toes. For reference, my ASICS Gel Nimbus 14's in the same size feel a little big, so I think Mizuno's tend to fit a bit smaller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe for my plantars fasciitis, February 22, 2014
I have mild PF and have tried many shoes- the brand that has given me the best support is Mizuno. i used to have the Mizuno wave creation 13 and that worked great too- no foot problems- but the wave prophecy 2 is SO much better. There is so much cushioning and they are so comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Shoes Ever, January 22, 2013
I can run with these shoes! I had never paid $200 for a pair of shoes, particularly running shoes but these are well worth the price. My knees have never felt better and the bottoms of my feet don't hurt. The color is bright and cheerful, the fit is good and try feel good just standing around but while running is where these shoes shine.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you make exercises as run. Use it, September 21, 2013
Mizuno is Mizuno. Nothing compare to this brand and the subject is run. My coach recommend this one for my girlfriend and she is in love with this new shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this running shoe. My all time favorite shoe., July 12, 2014
I have had many running injuries. I was introduced to the Prophecy many years ago and while they were pricey, they fit my foot like a glove. At the time I was dealing with a severe case of planters fasciitis, and tried everything and at the time I had orthotics made and I was looking for a shoe that didn't make me feel like I had been hit by a bus. Every morning following a run, when I would get out of bed I would ache, my whole body ached, and that was about when I started having problems with my foot. So, I bought the Prophecy and weeks later I noticed a change in how I felt folling a run. It took about 6 weeks before I notice my planters faciitis calm. Since then I have had 2 pairs of prophecy and feel great following a run, never does my body feel jarred or ache. So, this year, I went looking for that shoe again, only to be bummed that it has been replaced by the Prophecy 3,which is a completely different shoe and shoe design. I settled for a New Balance, only to be back where I started- jarred and sore following a run. After run number 6, I decided I was going to hunt down the Prophecy 1 or 2. So, I turned to Amazon, my favorite shopping arena that never disappoints. I found the Prophecy 2 which is very very similar to the original, pricey as usual but when it comes to my feet and having a successful, non-painful run, which I look forward to every morning, well, price becomes secondary. I bought the shoe several weeks ago, it arrived on time, and this morning broke them in...and it felt awesome. The Prophecy 2 fits and rides like the original. I will probably be buying several more pairs and storing them for the future, only b/c I am paranoid that the shoe might disappear all together at some point and then what am I going to do. I highly recommend this shoe. I have a narrow heel and high arch and tend to over pronate,