Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Size: 8.5 D(M) USColor: Malibu BlueChange
Price:$142.99 - $298.98

on January 12, 2013
These shoes are by far my favorite I have run in. I run typically 35 to 45 miles a week and annually participate in half marathons and marathons. I had run for the past 4 years in the Mizuno Wave Creations and had been very satisfied. When the Prophecy 1 came out I thought they looked really cool but didn't see the need to stay away from something that had been working for so many years. WELL LET ME TELL YOU! STRAY AWAY FROM WHATEVER IS ON YOUR FEET AND INVEST IN YOURSELF! These shoes provide the most lightweight and supportive shoe I have ever ran in. On top of those great features the way the full wave technology works compared to the Wave creation is night and day. You feel like the shoe lightly propels you forward while absorbing shock and almost having a spring to them. The fact the shoe also incorporates the X-10 rubber on the sole means this shoe is going to last (mileage wise) much longer than any other shoe on the market. So 200 might seem like a lot but when there was X-10 on my creations they were lasting 1.5 to 2 times longer than my Asic Nimbus series I ran in prior to my Mizuno conversion. If you are a serious runner that wants a supportive, long lasting shoe that has the technology to literally reduce impact on joints that has never been seen before in a shoe like this before than take the hit on the wallet. It could save you big bucks at the doctor later if your running as much as I do and refuse to slow down!
11 comment51 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2012
I recently began running again a few months back. Starting at a mile a day, quickly progressing to 4-5 miles every other day. During my rise in distance, i began feeling pain in different areas of my body, so i went out and bought a pair of Newton Distance S shoes, (great shoes) and the pains went away, but shortly after the pains left and i increased my speed, i started getting a very dull/deep horrible pain in my right shin/calf muscle. It would not go away, and running was becoming a chore. After much research, i purchased the Mizuno Prophecy 2, they are hands down, the most amazing shoe i have ever worn. I have only run in them 3 times, since i just bought them, and the shin/calf pain is not gone, but it does go away while i run, and even lessens when i do my daily job, etc... while i'm wearing them. I highly recommend them, for comfort, running and style.
33 comments26 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2013
I have a few runs in these shoes so far so I can offer only my initial impressions to date. My longest run has been about 14 miles, I am training for a marathon in October and plan to run it with these shoes.

The first time I wore them I was pleasantly surprised at how cushy yet stable they were. I didn't know until I got them that the sole in the heel is basically an open "spring" that crushed and springs back with each stride. I tend to land on the ball of my foot, but sometimes the heel when I am getting tired, or when the terrain dictates it.

My runs sometimes force me along the gravel edge of a busy highway. I was cringing a bit when I knew I'd step on chunks of gravel, some as big as grapes. While I could tell I stepped on something, it was cushioned enough that I stopped worrying about it and just ran.

On smooth pavement the shoe feels like it's propelling you forward due to the design of it. The shoes did not make me faster from the effect, but my stride seems to like the way the shoes work.

Overall I am happy with the purchase of these shoes. If they fit your running style I think you could do worse than to give these a try.
44 comments12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2013
Are the best shoes ever!

I started running in them and fell in love!

They're like Zig's in that they propel you forward, but you can feel the difference in support! These shoes are quality, and if you're looking for something to make running a little more comfortable, the extra money goes a long way!
on April 29, 2013
I use this shoe on an eliptical trainer. I do 70 minutes a day, 6 days a week. I have 2 other pairs of really good sneakers. This is the only pair in which my toes do not get numb.

Although expensive, well worth the money.
on December 5, 2013
I know that most folks give these shoes rave reviews. I am not quite as satisfied. Now, please bear in mind that shoes are very individualized. What I love you might hate and so on. However, my assessment of these shoes as a neutral runner is that they are nothing special. They seem a little stiff and do not have an exceptionally plush ride. I also feel that they tend to provide a little stability, which I neither need or want. The price point on these shoes is a little high as well. I believe that a better choice is the Asics Gel Nimbus, Brooks Glycerin, or Brooks Ghost. The NB 1080 is a good shoes also.

My two cents worth, I hope you find it helpful.

I log about 25 miles per week and am about to run my third half marathon.

Run in good health.
on July 29, 2013
This is my third pair of the wave prophecy and I've been incredibly happy with them. They run a little small, I have bought each pair about 1/2 size larger than I usually wear and they are perfect. I have found these to be great running shoes. I run about 15-20 miles / week and have worn these to train for several runs. They are lightweight but very durable, they hold up to a lot. I wore my last pair for almost 11 months, well over 500 miles with very little wear and are in fine shape for everyday wear, I just wanted a new pair for training runs. I'd highly recommend them.
Great service from this seller. Right on time and well packaged.
on March 21, 2013
I purchased the Mizuno Wave Prophecy (First edition) & the Mizuno Wave Prophecy 2 and tried them on and walked around in them for a few days and this is what I noticed.

Prophecy 1's had crisscrossed bands on the outer surface of the shoe, located next to the joint where your pinky toe meets the ball of your foot. I have thin feet, so my issue wasn't having too wide of a foot; after about 30 minutes of wearing the Prophecy 1's, I would begin to feel pain or a hot spot forming due to pressure preventing my feet from relaxing at that point. Because I liked the shoe and other features about it much more, I thought I could get a shoe spreader to fix that, but I never ended up trying after receiving the Prophecy 2's, which removed that stitched band that made the toebox of the Prophecy 1's too tight.

One thing I did like about the Prophecy 1's over the Prophecy 2's was how your foot rolled forward naturally, as if you were falling forward as you run or walk. This gave you a nice natural propelling motion forward that simply used your own body's momentum to keep you moving forward. I checked the curve on the front of each shoe's sole and the Prophecy 1's & 2's are the same, but for some reason, I don't feel that feeling of being propelled forward in the Prophecy 2's. It's tough to explain, but if you could imagine, as you are running someone pushes you forward as you roll off your toe, without having to feel that shoving motion, but just the forward propulsion, then you may understand why I thought that was a nice feature. It definitely makes me not want to go back to a flat-bottom shoe. I believe the Prophecy 2's absorb more impact near the ball of your foot, so you feel less rolling or falling forward.

As for the price, I bought the Prophecy 1's for about $145 on Amazon and the Prophecy 2's for about $175 and for the quality of the shoe and what it has to offer, I'd say neither shoe is worth more than $110-$120, definitely not the $179 & $199 prices, for the Prophecy 1 & Prophecy 2 respectively, that you find in stores today.

Another issue is the DynaFit insole provided with the Prophecy 2's, not on the arch, but more so on the bridge between my heal and ball of my foot, I feel a lot of pressure pushing up in that region of my foot and feels more and more uncomfortable as I wear it. I did not notice that pain or concern with the Prophecy 1's.
22 comments6 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2013
"The very top of the line"

I've worn a vast number of high end running shoe, primarily Saucony Paramounts the last few years, and decided it was time to try something new. After researching online heavily, I decided to take these highly ranked shoes for a spin.

Although these shoes are impressively light, they have also have a substantial feel for protection and stability. The Prophecy 2's have a sense of "spring" with each gait, and they make you feel as if you are gaining an extra few inches with each step. Most running shoes make you feel as if you are actually pushing from the heel to accomplish the same propulsion these seem to aid from pure form and function seamlessly.

These shoes are not as comfortable in comparison to my other running shoes for walking or working out, but they are by far the best for pure running. I hope this review helps in your decision!
on March 27, 2013
This shoe I got because I happen to see an ad in a magazine. After purchasing and now wearing they are great and my first pair of Mizuno shoes that I have worn that doesn't have cleats on the bottom.

Comfortable and the most breathable shoe I have worn in a long time which surprised me to be honest. If you are a runner that is over 195 lbs and strike at the toe these shoes offer great impact. If you are a heel striker which i am not, but when i get tired and lazy i will stretch out and for a short duration land on the heel it offered superb impact at the rear of the shoe and more than the airmax 2011's that I have worn.