5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful
Published on January 27, 2012 by saundra badger

2.0 out of 5 stars Very painful!
Published on May 12, 2012 by perdantasterx

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, January 27, 2012
saundra badger (NOBLESVILLE, INDIANA, US) - See all my reviews
I am a 49 year old woman that has been suffering with bad knees. I had all but given up on the treadmill due to aches and pains after walking. My sister in law questioned the quality of the shoes I had been wearing so after trying on several pair I settled on these Mizuno Wave Rider 15s. I am walking 45 minutes at a time with no pain and I am now planning on a second pair for outdoors. Be sure that you have had your feet looked at by someone who knows what they are talking about assuring that you have a neutral foot while walking. I went to a specialty running shoe store to have them confirm that I had a neutral foot. I love them and can't say enough good things about them. One more thing, unlike Pumas these shoes have a medium sized arch support not too much nor too little ( pumas have very little arch support). Expect to pay $119.99 plus tax if you buy these at the mall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of shoes, April 10, 2012
I've been wearing Mizunos for years and these have, once again, met my expectations. Put them on and ran 6k's - not a blister and they felt fabulous. Always good to be fitted - I normally take a 7 1/2 - 8 and in these I'm a 9.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very painful!, May 12, 2012
I purchased these with the assistance of a sales associate and although they felt good in store, once I had them on for more than 5 minutes I regretted the purchase. I sucked it up and told myself they needed to break in. I wore them for over a week for different periods of time and my left foot was killing me. My tendon above my heel was inflammed and my ankle starting to swell due to the lack of arch support in these shoes. The thing is, I don't have high arches, I'm pretty flat footed so that's saying something!

They are very light weight, which was nice.

They do run small, so I had to go up half a size.

They do breathe well.

However the seeming on the inside of the right shoe was starting to rip and fall apart after less than a week of wear.

Thankfully I was able to return them and went back to my trusted brand, Brooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great running shoe, February 6, 2013
The Mizuno Wave Rider 15 (and 13, but NOT the 14) is the only running shoe I have found to fit my feet and needs as a runner. I'm a recreational runner who trains for 1/2 marathons at least 1x/year. My foot has a neutral to high arch. I find the support,weight and comfort of the Wave Rider to be perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Neutral runner, October 21, 2012
shoehabit (Portland, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
I love my WR15! I was fitted by a local running store for a neutral shoe. Of 3 styles, Saucony was too "squishy" and I could feel my calves working to keep me stable. So then it came down to the Mizuno's WR15 and Brooks Defyance 5. Both have a nice amount of cushion but the Mizuno fit like a glove on top and disappeared below. They grip and release on pavement really well. I bought them a few weeks before a 130 mile relay walking race for the sake of breaking them in. I was completely surprised there was no need to break these in. From the first mile I felt an easy ride from heal to toe. My shin pain was reduced so significantly that I shaved 1.45 minutes from my average pace time. Of my van of 6 walkers, I was blister free which can be attributed these shoes and of course the right sock combo.

The Mizuno brand is a smaller fitting shoe. They aren't super short and narrow like Nike, but I did go up in size. The best advice I received and will pass on is: Get over what size you think you should be, and get the size that fits. Also, keep in mind the type of sock you wear will affect the fit of the shoe. I like socks thick on the bottom so that went into factoring the size. My feet are 6.5 wide to 7m in street shoes and boots. I bought an 8c (White/Smoke and Lavender) for the sake of swelling and prevention of toe pain. This extra space is crucial if you will be running or fitness walking downhill. They are light and with temps between 60-75 degrees, they have a great air circulation. I also have the gorgeous Ruby ones in 7.5 medium for even surface fitness and use my thin socks. It's hard not to use my Ruby ones for everyday wear. Note: not all color combos come in multiple widths.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd pair in a row! Love these!, June 18, 2012
Like the title says, this is my 3rd pair of Wave Riders! I love these shoes! Before being properly fit in a shoe at a local running shop where they analyze your gait, I was having a lot of issues with shin splints and calf pain. I changed up my stride a bit and bought these shoes. I did my first ever 1/2 marathon in them and they don't even really need to be broken in! I even use these shoes when running the local hard-packed-dirt trail. These are a nice medium-high grade shoe for runners who want performance at a not-so-horrifying price. I'm a 5'4" tall neutral female runner, at 138 lbs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, April 9, 2012
Cindy Crayder (Warrington, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I have been wearing the Saucony Progrid Rides for the past 3 years. When they changed the shoe, I began having knee, calf and shin pain. I switched to these Mizuno Wave Riders and from the very first run I LOVED them! Needed NO breaking in and have had NO pain at all! I am currently training for a 1/2 Marathon and have been wearing them for both short and long distances.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for newish runners, May 15, 2012
I had been trying to start a running regimen in my $40 girls Nike Torch sneakers. I'm usually a 6 or 6.5 in shoes, so I bought a 5 in girls sizes to save some money. They were fine for the gym but after a while, the balls and heels of my feet would burn and my arches felt like someone was cutting them with a knife. I don't want to use my insurance for another two months when my lower deductible kicks in, so I went to a running store and had a foot assessment. The salesperson told me he normally puts new runners in a stability shoe, but since I was already an active person, just not a runner, he suggested a neutral shoe. I tried on several pairs of shoes in different brands, and kept coming back to these (in the orange and blue...go Gators!). At $99.95, I couldn't say no. I have been using them for a few days and my feet are still getting used to them, but I already notice a difference. The salesperson told me it would take 1-2 weeks for my feet to heal from the crappy sneakers I had been wearing to exercise, and he is definitely right. I agree with others that these run small, but I think they're supposed to. I had no idea running shoes are supposed to be loose since your feet swell when you run, so instead of cramming my feet into a 6 or 6.5, I got these in a 7.5 since that was the right fit for my feet. I still need to get in to see a podiatrist or orthopedic specialist because I (and the salesperson) am quite sure I have plantar fasciitis but these already feel so much better on my feet than my old sneakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fix to my running injuries, June 5, 2013
I am a 49 female 5'7 and 125 lbs. I used to do triathalons when I was younger and wanted to now begin training for half-marathons and eventually marathons. Unfortunately, I got plagued with plantar facitis after using Nikes, top of the foot ligament injury after trying Newton Gravitys and ball of the foot and knee injuries after using Saucony Progrids. I switched to Mizuno wave riders right before running my first half marathon and was amazed to find that with no breaking- in I ran pain-free and experienced no soreness the next day. Since that half marathon I have finally been able to comfortably and consistently run 30-35 miles per week thanks these shoes! They are light weight without sacraficing the cushioning and they seem to work well for people like me that supinate rather than pronate.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, April 9, 2012
I have been wearing the Wave Rider for several years. I purchased the WR #15 and found them to be too firm, not the flexible sole I was used too. I would not recommend them. Fortunately I found a pair of #14 and hope this product goes back to the style that made them such a great running shoe.