Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Size: 7 B(M) US|Color: White/Fuschia Puple-Dark Shadow|Change
Price:$109.99 - $119.99

on May 30, 2011
I'm another long-time fan of the Wave Rider. I had several pairs of 11s, 12s, and 13s, and loved them. They were my only running shoe, although I used other brands and models for cross training.

The Wave Rider 14 is about 1/2 size smaller in the toe than previous versions of the same shoe. It was subtle when I tried the shoe on, but after running in them, it's very apparent. I just ran 8 miles in them, and there are blisters between every one of my toes. They are just smashed together in the narrow toe box.

For reference, I ran a 15K and a half marathon in the pouring rain while wearing the 13s, and had zero blisters anywhere on my feet or toes.

I tried going up a 1/2 size, but then the shoe is too long and too loose in the heel.

I agree with what other customers have said about the ankle as well. I'm so disappointed. Mizuno has lost a long-time customer forever.
on May 16, 2011
I have run in Mizuno's for several years. The last two shoes I purchased were wave riders and I have had great success with them. They fit well, they are light, and they don't seem to cause problems. But, this new Wave Rider 14 has a higher top of the shoe at the ankle. Usually I loop my laces to prevent slipping at the heal. I can't even lace the top two loops of this shoe because it cuts into the top of my foot. They have changed the fit of the shoe some how and it's not as compfortable. I am disappointed in the fit of this shoe. It is lighter than previous Wave Rider's but the toe is wider and the ankle is just too tight. I am not a heavy runner. I run in a neutral shoe and I have a small frame. If it is cutting into me I can't imagine how it would feel on a larger framed runner. I would not recommend this model due to the fit. I think Mizuno is a great line, but obviously I have learned not to order it on line. You really should try it on first. It is something I would have noticed right away in a store and I would have chosen a different model.
on August 10, 2011
I always buy Wave Riders so didn't think anything of ordering the latest model from Amazon. Unfortunately, they changed something in the heel collar that made it dig into my ankles and heel. I got blisters for the first time ever from Mizuno shoes. Yuck. After a time wearing moleskin and higher socks they seem ok. Maybe the higher heel collar softened up or maybe the higher socks are working.

Wave Riders are still a good neutral running shoe, but I hope they change back to the old fit in the next revision.
on January 24, 2012
I have a wide toe area due to bunions, a very high arch, and walk a lot, run some. These shoes are almost perfect for my foot and offer great support. I prefer the Mizuno 11 better, but they are truly worn out. I tried the 15 - nowhere near the arch support, same with the Inspire 8. I normally wear a 9.5W or 10 in a regular shoe, but 10.5 with Mizuno is perfect no matter which model.
on February 1, 2013
My mother is an avid walker (4 miles a day, 7 days a week) and goes through sneakers rather quickly...she likes the comfort factor in these sneakers (lots of cushion and lightweight) and said she would buy them again in a heartbeat, as a matter of fact I am sure she will have me get her another pair off of amazon in a month or so! I am wearing the Wave Rider 10 mens sneakers right now, I've been happy with this line of sneakers for the last five years. Lightweight, cushioning, and breathable. I have high arches and these shoes have done me well. They are not for big boned people or flat footed people, look more towards a "control" type sneaker for those body types.
on October 3, 2011
I'm a runner with plantar's fasciitis. I bought these shoes in hopes that they would help with the heal pain I go through on a daily basis. While the shoes are very comfy, they were by no means the shoe for me. The support in them just isn't there and my feet literally collapse in them. I wear them for spinning/cycling or other activities involving less impact on my feet. These shoes are super cute and like I said, comfortable on, but when it comes down to being a good quality shoe at work, it's not the one for me. These shoes fit fairly true to size, if anything they may run a tad bit small. I hope others enjoy these more than I do.
on February 28, 2012
I was really excited to get these shoes, but they do not offer the same amount of comfort previous shoes have offered. Something about the way my ankle sits on the shoe causes discomfort when I run. But I am still breaking them in, and they are feeling better with time. Overall, the shoe is not as great as I had expected.
on September 24, 2011
i love my new Mizuno Wave Riders! I have the 13's and love them so much i decided on getting the 14's. i read other reviews that the ankle is too high now and I do notice that they are higher, but i like it. I feel like i have better ankle support now. I also read complaints about the toe box being to tight, and mine feel perfect. In fact they feel a little more roomy. I don't have a wide foot though so maybe that's why they feel comfortable to me. Any way I have no complaints at all. They are my new favorite running shoes! I took them out on trails and road and felt nothing but comfort.
on February 10, 2012
I love these shoes! I am a distance runner (50+ miles per week) and this has been my favorite pair so far. I am on my 3rd pair!!! I agree that the ankles ride a little too high. I wear gel heel supports for comfort and those raise my foot up just enough that the high ankle doesn't bother me. Before the gel supports, I would tape a small piece of sports tape over the spot where it was digging in and that also worked. I only had to do it for a week or so until they were broken in. For me, it was worth it for how comfortable these shoes are. These will hopefully take my through my marathon training!
on January 10, 2012
I'm surprised at how small these run although some reviewers did warn! I generally wear 6 to 6.5 shoes and have a wider foot (not exteme). I ordered a 7D and it is clearly too tight across the instep and my toe reaches the top. But my heel seems to not fit all the way back. I don't have a wide heel but maybe the shoe is so narrow in the back that I can't get my heel back all the way. But as it is, the back comes up high and cuts into my achilles so that would make it worse. I'm hoping to find a Mizuno shoe that works for me as it sounds like a lot of people are fans.