5.0 out of 5 stars A Shoe I Love!
Published 13 months ago by konacoffee

1.0 out of 5 stars Not thrilled with the update...
Published 6 months ago by LRP

5.0 out of 5 stars A Shoe I Love!, December 17, 2013
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Creation 15 Running Shoe (Shoes)
Started running recently, I have some health issues, minor scoliosis and weak ankles causing pronation. My shins have always given me aches. I tried these on at Dick's Sporting Goods and was instantly in love. Fabulous support, and so comfy, not just padding around ankles, but underfoot as well, lots of springy material. The hollow areas under the shoe are firm, they don't collapse like some other brands have done with me, and the area under arch has a stiffening bar so the even though the shoe doesn't feel like much in the way of support if you feel just holding it, but that bar really supports my arch which wants to fall from ankle weakness.
What's funny, is my husband and I decided to not stick to a "shoe budget" once we found that some shoes are worth the extra cost. He tried on shoes in the men's dept and I tried on shoes in the women's. When we were finished we asked each other "What did you choose?" We both chose this shoe, model and everything! He did his longest run in quite awhile today in his new Mizunos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a comfy shoe from the start, November 18, 2013
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Creation 15 Running Shoe (Shoes)
So far... They look soooo cool!
I have been looking for a comfy shoe for a long time. I have plantar fascistic, bursitis, tendinitis, and other things wrong with my left foot.
If you get the right size you will feel the support in the arch. The toe box is roomy and cushioned. I haven't ran in them yet, so I will re-post those finding.

If you have a neutral foot and need cushioning. I also recommend looking at these:
1. Saucony triumph (I needed a half size larger than these)
2. Saucony Women's Ride 6 (It is a little narrow)
3. Mizuno Prophecy 2
4. Asics kayano

I now have 3 pairs, looking for my 4th.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not thrilled with the update..., July 24, 2014
I have had many previous versions of this shoe...the 14, 13, and the 12...all were an upgrade from the previous, except the 15. The updated shoe fit okay at first, so I thought that they needed to be broken in a bit. I could not have been more wrong...after an 8 mile run, I could barely wear loose fitting sandals. The tops of both my feet were bruised, which has never happened before (way worse than after running a full marathon in my 13s)!! Loved my previous Mizunos, but the Wave Creation 15s....
Not impressed...

4.0 out of 5 stars What an experience, March 18, 2014
The reason I am putting 4 stars is because the customer service was very excellent. I ordered these shoes expecting a lot more that what I got, I mean if I spend so much money on shoes I would hope that they are amazing. I have a little of hyper-pronation and these were made for normal to hypo-pronation, so they were not a very good fit for me in the sense that it was hard to walk in them, much less run, they are a bit wide. I can tell that they are made with very good quality materials but it did not go for me. I got a major blister walking in these shoes that is taking already 2+ weeks to heal, the soles are made of plastic or plastic like material so I did not really experience that sort of great push off the ground to build momentum. The shoe is very light and airy. I like that it has a lot of toe room. Overall, these are good shoes, just not for me. Also they are a bit pricey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost ready for my 2nd pair at 250 miles logged, October 8, 2014
L. Brown (Williamsburg, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I wear women's 10M in dress shoes and am glad I read the reviews and bough a 1/2 size larger (10.5 M), because they fit well and feel great. The proof is not in how they feel when I run, but how I feel after I run: no joint pain or back strain. I LOVE THESE SHOES.

I'm 52 years old, started running 2 miles/day 5 months ago to lose 20 pounds and am now maintaining with 2 miles 4 days/week. So, I'm not a marathon runner by any means, but considering I avoided running for so many years because it hurt my knees and back in my 20s, the fact that I can run at this age pain free tells me the value of the research and technology that went into these shoes. I researched the kind of shoes I need at runnersworld.com and learned I have a high arch, so need a neutral shoe, which these are.

Having logged about 250 miles in these shoes, and just starting to feel a little foot fatigue, I guess in another 50 miles or so, I'll pony up for a fresh pair for optimal shock absorption.

5.0 out of 5 stars What took me so long to buy this Shoe? It's Fantastic!, October 14, 2014
I've been searching for the right shoe. I've been dealing with some issues affecting my feet and had yet to find the right sneaker for my workouts. My research led me to Mizuno and the Wave Creation. I read reviews from others that gave me hope that the Wave Creation could be what I've been looking for. Only problem was that I had never actually tried these shoes on. All I had to go on was the reviews...and blind faith. But with free shipping and free return, I figured I had nothing to lose and everything to gain by ordering these sneakers.
So I'm here to tell you that I'm very happy I took a chance and bought these shoes...they're fabulous! I don't even want to take them off! The price was right. They're great looking. They fit perfectly. They're well-made, very supportive and comfortable. I actually feel like the shoes are forcing me to stand taller, straighter (which has done wonders for my aching back).
And now I've recommended the Wave Creation to my husband who suffers from plantar fasciitis (I've read reviews from wearers of this shoe who also deal with this painful foot condition report that the shoe has been helpful). I'm hoping he'll find the shoe as beneficial as I have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wave Creation 15, February 7, 2014
Much better fit then the 14. Still wide toe box if you have a narrow foot, but a great fit and great support otherwise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, awful color selection, December 29, 2014
I first bought these on sale at a local store. I have an ongoing injury/foot pain and it's hard for me to find sneakers that are comfortable for long days and any amount of exercise. These offered a lot of support, and lasted a reasonable amount of time (I have no idea why but I DESTROY sneakers and go through them very quickly, so durability is a huge plus). When I needed to replace my old sneakers, I wanted to buy the same kind so I looked online to see if I could find them cheaper than the non-sale price locally.

I bought two from Amazon for cheaper than the local store. Sweet! But - I'm kind of disappointed in the color selection. I'm not big on pastels and these dominate the Mizuno collections. No simply all black option, or any other darker color choices although those options dominate the men's selections. There are a few women's models with better color choices, but far and few between - and unfortunately these were the model that worked for me. Not terrible if you are only wearing them to workout, but more frustrating if you wear these frequently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, April 11, 2014
This is my 6th pair of Mizuno running shoes. I am a distance runner and Mizunos just work for me. These are lightweight but supportive and super cute.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect if you need a wider toebox - 14 over the 15, December 18, 2014
I buy a size up and exchange the insoles for green superfeet - love the wider toebox!!
As far as the Wave Creation goes though, I dislike the new "15" model... feels like I am walking/running in high heels and does not flex much at the balls of my feet. I LOVE and would definitely suggest the Wave Creation 14 over the 15! :)
4 stars because I dislike the changes they made between the 14 and 15 - so much so that I sent the 15 back.