5.0 out of 5 stars First pair of Mizuno shoes... but not the last!
Published on March 20, 2012 by Michelle Elliott

3.0 out of 5 stars Well constructed, but just not as comfortable
I had the wave 6s and 7s and expected these to be even more comfortable. But somehow they are not, they are stiff and the sole harder, less cushioning. These are just "ok" - of corse they have the usual quality, but just not the comfort I expected.
Published 19 months ago by GaPeach

5.0 out of 5 stars First pair of Mizuno shoes... but not the last!, March 20, 2012
I have been running for over 25 years and have NEVER put on a pair of MIzuno's until this week. I have always gravitated toward the Asics or Brooks but when I went to my local running store for a new pair of shoes this week, I really liked the feel of the Wave inspire 8 so I went for it and purchased them. After a few runs, I have to say I am impressed. This shoe is an all around work horse. They are light enough and responsive enough for your short 2-6 mile runs but substantial and supportive enough for the longer runs as well. I love the support coupled with the light feel. They fit so well all over... seem to just mold to my foot. The toe box is roomy but not overly bulky, the arch is perfect, and heel area couldn't be more comfortable. I haven't had these for long... but I am excited to see how they hold up and continue to be my go to running shoe!

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to earlier fit!, November 17, 2011
The mizuno wave inspire 7s were awful- particularly the fit around the ankle and that they felt like they needed "breaking in". The 8s are back to the fit of the 6 with the low ankle and they feel wonderful from first run again.

And the colors are gorgeous :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoe! Got me through a marathon., March 23, 2012
I was having knee pain and foot blisters in my nike's while training for the LA marathon. I bought these 3 weeks prior to the race and did a 22 mile run in them a day later with NO problems. When running the marathon this past weekend, I had no knee pain or blisters. These shoes are my new favorites. I went up a size and a half from my regular size to allow room for swelling during long runs. They are perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars mmmm so comfortable!, July 9, 2012
I was skeptical about spending over $100 on shoes, I've never done that before, but it is money well spent! I have high arches and most shoes make my feet hurt. With these shoes though, I can run for miles and no pain. Very cushiony! Just be sure to get half a size up! They run a little small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Shoe, March 12, 2012
Im very happy with my Mizuno Wave Inspire 8's. Very comfy and great support! Highly Recommend! Great quality running shoe for the treadmill or pavement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing shoes!!, October 26, 2012
Rachael L. (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
I was always a die hard fan of Asics until I began running longer distances and started getting shin splints.
I went to the Mizuno website and took the online questionnaire to find the correct shoe for me which turned out to be the Wave Inspire 8.
I should have ordered 2 pairs, especially with the price they were on Amazon at the time!!

These shoes are amazing. No more shin splints, the support is great, and there was literally NO breaking in time.
They are also a lot lighter than my old Asics.
I ran 6.5 miles the first time I put them on and no problems whatsoever.
I can't recommend these shoes enough.

I was worried about the size, but I just ordered 1 half size bigger than what I wear in non-athletic shoes and they were perfect.
If you do run long distances and your feet swell a lot I would recommend maybe a full size bigger, but mine don't swell too much.

They are also very nice looking shoes. I got the White/Persian Jewel/Dress Blue, but would have loved the green ones!

I will wear Mizunos from now on, goodbye Asics. Great shoe!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great running shoe!, September 14, 2012
These shoes have been great from the start! They are well-fitting and provide just the right amount of support I need. These are the second pair of mizuno wave running shoes I've bought, and I doubt they will be my last!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, March 8, 2012
I am a beginner runner and I love these shoes. They feel very supportive and are extremely comfortable. They did not need breaking in and I am buying another pair so that I can alternate them. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love,love these., September 13, 2012
Heather (HOLLYWOOD, MD, US) - See all my reviews
Best shoes I've tried! Very comfortable even after 12 hours of walking around the hospital floor. My feet feel supported without being strangled, my toes can move and wiggle freely. I would recommend these to anyone that has a flat/wide foot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoe!, August 3, 2012
I'd been a loyal Nike wearer for years and after increasing foot numbness, the sales associate at my local running store talked me into buying this shoe b/c of it's wider toe space. My only regret in getting this shoe is that I didn't get it SOONER! I've been very pleased and I when I'm ready to get a new pair of running shoes, I certainly plan on replacing them with another pair of Mizunos.

Rate and Discover Movies