5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome lightweight shoes
Published on June 27, 2012 by jess181

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that great...
Published on September 5, 2012 by Nora E. Fleming

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome lightweight shoes, June 27, 2012
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Nexus 6 Running Shoe (Apparel)
When my running style was first observed in the store 4 years ago, they told me I was neutral and sold me Wave Rider 11s (which I absolutely loved). Sadly, they died a few months ago, so back I went to get some more of the same. However, I was told that I now over-pronate, and so I ended up buying the Wave Inspire 7s. Despite looking good on the camera in store, they were uncomfortable during runs and caused pain, so back they went and I was again recommended bulky corrective shoes, this time the Asics Kayano 18. Same story - very big and heavy, felt like running on mud, pain in the knees and hips after a run. Thankfully the 3rd time I went back, they sold me the Wave Nexus 6! They're awesome shoes, light and zippy like my old beloved Riders. They are slightly corrective, for mild to moderate over-pronaters, but they don't have a huge ungainly heel on them so I don't even notice. Marathon training is back on track thanks to these gems!

PS - Always order a half size up with Mizuno shoes as they do run small. It's best to try them on in a store first if possible.
My stats: I have normal arches, mild over-pronation and run 40-50kms a week on pavement. Weight is 55kg (123lb), height is 168cm (5'6").

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, April 2, 2012
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Nexus 6 Running Shoe (Apparel)
As a beginning runner in a Couch-to-5K program, I told myself after three weeks I could treat myself to some real running shoes (I had been running on some old nondescript cross-trainers that were at least 6 years old). I went and got myself fitted, and this shoe was recommended (I'm a moderate overpronator). They really fit like a glove. From the moment I put them on to now, a couple weeks later running about 8 miles a week, I've had no soreness or discomfort. They're light (8.6 oz) and very breathable. And the price is right.

Bottom line: if you're a light to moderate overpronator and you're looking for a good shoe at an easy price point, I highly recommend these.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that great..., September 5, 2012
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Nexus 6 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I've been running for a LONG time. I log about 40-50 miles a week. I had to buy these quickly. I have always had luck with Mizuno's products. Loved the Wave. All the reviews were positive for these nice and neutral shoes. I've had these for 1 month. So far, the bottom treads have worn flat. My feet do not fit like a glove in the toe box. I feel as if my mid foot is just a bit off of the fit. They just are not comfortable to run in. Luckily, I have back up shoes! I'm very disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool looking but small........., May 2, 2013
LOVED the way the shoes looked...however, I had to return them...which was quite easy to do. My refund was recorded in a few days.
I ordered the shoes one size larger than I usually do. They were still too small. I find that common in Muzunos. The toe box is too narrow even for someone with a medium width.
I'll keep trying though, because Mizunos are my shoe of choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel like a glove!, April 30, 2013
Needing a new pair of running sneakers I bought theses on my sister's recommendation. She bought them to train for her first half marathon and loved them. As soon as I tried them on I loved them as well! They literally feel like a glove on my foot. They are extremely light and have plenty wiggle room in the front for your toes. the mesh on the shoes also helps the sneaker breath and keeps feet from getting too hot. Live them, would highly recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy, April 22, 2013
I bought theses shoes after pregnancy which increased my size by 1/2. I completely forget they are on my feet they are so comfortable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!!, April 17, 2013
xXNinaXx (New Mexico, USA) - See all my reviews
Great running shoes fit perfectly. They are wearing down quickly though but I am ruff on shoes. Great Shoes though!

5.0 out of 5 stars If in doubt, order these shoes, March 5, 2013
These shoes are comfortable and require no breaking in. I have very bad feet but with these shoes on, I have no pain.
Very light weight and I will order them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable and great for running, May 19, 2013
These sneakers were made for me! I have slightly wide feet and seek comfort in the toe box. I am also a nurse and am on my feet all day and these sneakers go the distance at work too.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like them, February 19, 2014
Although I had to put my own insert in the shoe I do like these. The insert the shoe comes with wasn't to my liking- foot hurt. I switched it out and now they are perfect. Thats why I rated this with 4 stars.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›