5.0 out of 5 stars barefootin

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for my feet
Published on April 23, 2011 by K. Luce

5.0 out of 5 stars barefootin, March 19, 2010
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Nirvana 6 Running Shoe (Apparel)
Keep in mind that Mizuno makes running shoes with specific footprints in mind - I tend to wear down the outer heel of my shoes which is why these shoes look like the outer heel is built up a little - this is meant to be and it makes my feet feel GREAT - much more comfortable. Also bought 1/2 size larger since my feet tend to swell a bit when I run. Please take your time and go to a GOOD professional running store to get fitted properly - your pro will watch you walk and run and also look at shoes that you've worn. I went to the Annapolis Running Shop and they are GREAT.

I LOVE these running shoes - they feel like I have nothing on and are so comfortable. Not bulky at all, I sometimes trip in shoes that are awkward but not these. I would wear them every day all day if I could. Next best thing to going barefoot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for my feet, April 23, 2011
I bought these when I was training for a marathon. I had an earlier model previously, and loved them. This pair just isn't quite the same. They were good for most of a run, but by the end my feet would be aching to get out of them. As soon as they were off, my feet would feel so much better. No blisters or anything like that, just general pain. This was the first I ventured out from my trusted running store - and I don't think I'll be repeating that mistake. If they work for you, this is a good pair of shoes. Just make sure they fit properly and work with your feet!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nirvana 5 was GREAT, these are too different, January 10, 2011
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Nirvana 6 Running Shoe (Apparel)
One size is too small, and a half size up is way too big. This is such a disappointment, as the Nirvana 5 fit great, looked great (better colors), and made a wonderful difference in keeping all my old running/group fitness class injuries in check. Mizuno: please overhaul this shoe again soon!

2.0 out of 5 stars still not as good as the Nirvana 4, December 1, 2010
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Nirvana 6 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I will not be buying this shoe again.
The forefoot area is baggy, even on my little ducklike feet. The pitch of the heel-to-toe roll makes your toes sort of stall rather than leave the ground at that point in the stride.
The arch area allows pronation to go unchecked; my ankles rolled under and there's strain on them and the sides of my knees. I have to put arch supports in them, and that still doesn't make them comfortable to run in.
I was in agony after 2.5 miles, and I am usually OK running up to 15 miles.
I am switching to the Inspire for shorter (up to 8 mile) runs, but i don't know what i will do for longer distances now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great running shoe for over-pronators, August 2, 2010
lizziegee (Richmond, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
This is the third pair of these shoes that I have purchased. I went initially to a running store to be properly sized and "shoed" for running. However, these shoes are typically $150, so I always look for cheaper prices online. These are a great shoe for me. But - I always recommend that you are properly fitted by a professional. The new shoe (this is the 6th edition) is slightly different from the 5th edition, yet is still a great fit and I hardly notice a difference (these may be a tad lighter). For those buying their first pair, I recommend at least 1/2 size up - as they run small (and your feet swell when you run).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe excellent price, April 29, 2012
I purchased my first pair of Mizunos from a running store and was fitted in them appropriately. They run small. I'm a 6 1/2-7 and I was fitted for an 8. They proved to be awesome shoes, relieving my plantar fasciitis almost immediately. I ordered new ones a year later from Amazon at a third of the price I paid in the running store and the quality is equal.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, April 7, 2012
These shoes are good, but definitely not as cushioning as I expected. Not as soft as my Asics. Running on the road was a bit of a struggle, so I had to buy shock absorbing insoles to replace the ones in there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ran a marathon in them!, December 29, 2011
Sherry (Memphis, TN) - See all my reviews
Great shoe. Lots of cushioning. Good support. I typically wear a half size larger in mizunos than other running shoes and the same is true for these. I wore them for the St. Jude marathon and they did great. They have elastic sides holding the tounge down which I thought might bother me, but they didn't. I have lower arches and a medium foot and they fit well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them so much I bought 2 pairs!, June 25, 2011
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Nirvana 6 Running Shoe (Apparel)
Back to running after 10 years. I used to wear New Balance but these Mizuno shores are so comfortable that I got another pair in different color! Make sure to order at least 0.5 size bigger. They fit small.

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE the Shoe, Just to Small, February 22, 2011
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Nirvana 6 Running Shoe (Apparel)
Just want to say that this shoe is Awesome. Very light weight, and comfortable. The only problem I had was I needed to order the shoe a size bigger. Other than that, Love It.