Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mizuno Women's Wave Prophecy Running Shoe
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 17, 2012
I currently run in Asics Gel Kinsei 4 and absolutely adore them. I wanted to try these Mizuno's, but couldn't justify paying $190 for the Asics and just a few months later $200 for the Mizuno's. I finally did it (Happy Bday to me) and am SO glad. These feel strange at first. They make a funny noise when you walk and you do feel elevated. They feel firm and you wonder how great the run can feel on such firm shoes. I certainly felt a spring or bounce when I was running faster. I ran 6.3miles with quite a bit of hills and have to say these shoes are great. I'm not going to stop running in my Asics, but these Mizuno's will be my long run shoes without a doubt. They do feel a bit heavier, but my legs feel terrific and I have been having some quad and hamstring soreness lately... not today!

They actual upper is nice and airy... I felt plenty of wind on my feet during my run. I use a metatarsal insole so I just removed the ones that came with the Mizuno's. The toe box is snug, but not tight. The lacing system feels good and my foot feels hugged. The inner ankle bone does come right to the top of the shoe so it feels a bit funny, but I run in Thor Lo running socks with arch support so no abrasive or tender feeling.

I wear a street shoe size 9-9.5 and ordered a size 11 in these. They do run quite small. My other running shoes are 10.5 and these size 11 feel like those 10.5s. The color is great. A nice dark shoe with bursts of a deep, berry red. Not to mention it's just a cool and funky looking shoe.
on August 10, 2011
Sinced I've bought the Mizuno Women's Wave Prophecy running Shoes I feel no pain in my back anymore when I run. It's fantastic.For me it is easier to run now than before.Thanks Mizuno and please, go on reaserching because we are getting old and we don't want stop runnig.
on November 2, 2011
In the 25 years I have been running, I never thought I would spend $200 for a pair of running shoes. After researching and reading reviews, I took the plunge about 6 months ago and purchased the Wave Prophecy. Wow. These shoes have truly empowered my run. They have perfect support and just the right amount of spring in them. Not that it matters, but I love the color, which doesn't shoe dirt and style too. I currently have a brand new pair of Aisic Gels which have sat idle in the box they came in and will be relegated strictly for gym use. The Mizuno's have spoiled me for any other running shoe.
on November 13, 2011
I have to be honest, when I first got these shoes, I didn't want to wear them. They weren't as comfortable as my other shoes, and I thought that the product reviews rated this product way too high... Then I gave them the chance they rightfully deserved.
I started running in them, little by little until I had them broken in. They felt like they conformed and supported my feet just the way you'd dream a running shoe would! They quickly became my most comfortable pair of running shoes (and I do have quite a few) and the only pair I would wear for running. Now I'm training for a half-marathon and I really wouldn't dream about training in any other shoes than my Mizuno's.
It may take a quick-minute to break them in... But once you do, you will love these shoes forever!
on March 8, 2012
Have had a few pairs of Mizuno running shoes and not a one compares to these! Like someone else said, you need a day to adjust and after that, they are shear HEAVEN! I am already nervous that they are going to change the cut/style next year- I sure hope not cause these running shoes are A++++. Worth every penny
on February 24, 2014
When I first heard about this shoe I was hesitant to try them at $200 but I tried them on at the Sports Authority & fell in love. I have since bought 4 pair and they are the only shoes I run in. The waveplate used propels you forward when running and is a bit weird at first but once you've worn them for a run or two, you will love them. They changed some of the features recently on the 2013 & 2014 models, making the outside material differently and overall feel is different. I like the older version better so I purchased the older style & color (anthracite/silver) and when I cant find them on Amazon, I buy them on eBay. When I wear out my last 3 pair (which will take a few years) I guess I will have to switch to the newer version, but I will switch reluctantly. Mine have been very durable and comfortable and I do not have any complaints except the cost and, well, sometimes you get what you pay for. When it comes to running, I want to wear shoes that are supportive, provide minimal impact on my knees and promote my proper gait so price is not my first concern.
on July 11, 2012
These are fantastic shoes for an average runner. They are designed to take a big shock absorption (I can't really feel sidewalk cracks) and offer stability, which I need. I have had two knee surgeries and these are great for me. THEY ARE NOT RACERS as they are a bit heavy compared to race runners--they are trainers. They are pricey, but I ordered two pair in case they redesigned. I have still not worn out my first pair and I have had them for well over 1200 miles.
on April 30, 2013
I love these shoes. As others suggested, I ordered a size larger than normal, and they fit great. I've been putting 15 or so miles a week on them for a few months, and still think they're wonderful.
on October 6, 2012
Have plantar faciitis so was worried about firmness and structure but it turns out that the encasement actually protects my feet more than them flopping around in cush. I also usually have hot feet and these are so open that my feet feel a breeze through the weave and the sole.

Glad I bought them.
on June 3, 2013
I have had every single prophecy that has come out. I just ordered the Prophecy 2. I cannot wait to get them! I have 2 issues with this shoe. I wish that the tread was thicker on wave plates in the front. It seems mine always wear down quickly in the area. Also, these are made in China so why do they cost so much?? I can honestly say the second pair of prophecy's that I purchased were nothing like the first pair, which in my opinion were the best. I will update on thee prophecy 2. In this shoe I always size up I am a 9 1/2 and order 10. I did not purchase mine from Amazon but I shop here often and decided to write a review.