6,518 of 6,704 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Marathon shoe for marathon filibustering
The next time you have to spend 13 hours on your feet without food, water or bathroom breaks, this is the shoe for you. Guaranteed to outrun patriarchy on race day.
Published 15 months ago by M. Black

1,403 of 1,533 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Men, do not try these on!
I tried on a pair at the local mall and suddenly Texas Republicans started telling me what to do with my genitals. They started explaining reproduction to me like I was a seventh grader. Unfortunately, being male, I had no way to shut the whole thing down. I'm so confused...
Published 15 months ago by Joshua Jones

6,518 of 6,704 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Marathon shoe for marathon filibustering, June 25, 2013
M. Black (Lawrence, KS USA) - See all my reviews

5,023 of 5,262 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars These shoes (and a woman's body) have a way of shutting the whole thing down, June 26, 2013
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 16 Running Shoe (Shoes)
An essential tool for running down the clock in a state 773 miles wide and 790 miles long! These shoes are perfect for those days when you must spend 13+ hours standing, not lean on your desk or take any breaks - even for meals or to use the bathroom. The snazzy hot pink color brings out your inner badassness and helps you to "humbly give voice to thousands of Texans" and stop a "raw abuse of power" in its tracks. Raise a feminist army and lead the charge when your competitors cheat and change the rules on you. These Mizuno's are built to protect your feet from mudslinging and add sunshine to the political process. Highly recommended for fierce women and anyone who's not a Greedy Old Prick (GOP).

2,541 of 2,677 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars I'm only gonna run a half marathon in these: Who do you think I am, Wendy Davis?, June 26, 2013
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 16 Running Shoe (Shoes)
I bought them in pink with green stripe. I will put them on my feet when I need to run far. When I am tired, I will ask myself: WWWD?! Then I will keep running.

2,689 of 2,871 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars The best choice for me., June 27, 2013
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 16 Running Shoe (Shoes)
I was in the market for new shoes a few years back. One night I went to the shoe store and ran into this very pushy salesmen. I told him that I was browsing and not quite ready to buy yet. He wouldn't let up on his sale tactics and forcibly put a pair of shoes on me. I ran out of the store crying, not sure what to do.

Every time I would try to take them off, a man would show up out of nowhere and tell me that if I didn't want them I shouldn't have put them on in the first place. When I tried to explain they were forced upon me he would say if they were legitimately forced on me, my body would have rejected them. And if that was the case, i should have taken them off sooner. Luckily I had the means to leave the state. At which point I could finally take those shoes off.

I was squeamish about buying new shoes for many years after that incident. After much thought and deliberation with my family, I decided that the time was right. It was time to buy new running shoes. I wanted a pair I could stand in. Be proud of. That say "this is my choice and it is the right choice for me." I tried on the Mizuno women's wave rider 16. They were perfect. The fit, the style, the longevity. I feel like I can stand all day long and fight back against all the pushy salesmen when I have them on. They are the perfect choice for me and I hope you can find your choice too.

3,804 of 4,094 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly up a republican's rear end, June 26, 2013
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 16 Running Shoe (Shoes)
When I first began wearing these shoes I thought my reproductive rights were secure. Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong. Luckily these shoes are really great for kicking republican legislators out of office! They want to shut down reproductive and health care facilities for the poor in Texas? Use these shoes to shut down the state capital!

These go perfectly with any back brace you may need after good old fashion filibusting for 9 hours (with 4 more to go). What's that? Your crappy mean spirited colleagues on the other side of the isle say it isn't fair? That's right ladies, this shoe is completely washable, so just shove it up their ass.

Most importantly, even if you wear these gems without sox for three days straight, they still smell better than a republican Lt Governor who tries to push a law through past midnight, which is absolutely and completely illegal. Yea, pretty stinky I know.

Go Wendy Go #StandWithWedy

1,536 of 1,668 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars You go girl (in shoes like this), June 27, 2013
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 16 Running Shoe (Shoes)
I'm not sure I could ever bring myself to buy or wear shoes like this. But you know, I'm so glad I have the option.

#StandWithWendy

1,927 of 2,097 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a filibuster, June 25, 2013
Jonathan (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 16 Running Shoe (Shoes)
Do you believe in human rights? Do you think a women's health is a matter for her and her doctor and not for aged religious fundamentalists? Then these are the shoes for you! They will carry you through a marathon and a 13-hour filibuster necessary to protect women from the bigotry and religious intolerance in Texas. Highly recommended for progressive feet!

1,367 of 1,486 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Protection for the Foot and the Womb!, June 26, 2013
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 16 Running Shoe (Shoes)
Whether you're running for governor or standing up for women's rights, these shoes really fit the bill! Standing up for 11 hours straight in a room full of men who are telling what to do with your baby-maker is no easy task. Fortunately, the Mizuno Wave Riders are always up to the challenge. They are sturdy enough to kick behind, yet classy enough to look good while doing it. I endorse these shoes!

1,445 of 1,571 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars North Dakota restrictions, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 16 Running Shoe (Shoes)
If you live in North Dakota, make sure you purchase these within the first six weeks of your running program or you will be prohibited from purchasing them. It's for the safety of the shoes.

1,442 of 1,568 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Kitten Heels for Outrunning the GOP, June 26, 2013
Sometimes you have to take off your adorable kitten heels and slip on your Mizuno Wave Riders. These are the perfect shoes for kicking Rick Perry's ass. Thanks, Mizuno!

Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 16 Running Shoe