Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on June 25, 2013
The next time you have to spend 13 hours on your feet without food, water or bathroom breaks, this is the shoe for you. Guaranteed to outrun patriarchy on race day.
9797 comments6,554 of 6,750 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2013
An essential tool for running down the clock in a state 773 miles wide and 790 miles long! These shoes are perfect for those days when you must spend 13+ hours standing, not lean on your desk or take any breaks - even for meals or to use the bathroom. The snazzy hot pink color brings out your inner badassness and helps you to "humbly give voice to thousands of Texans" and stop a "raw abuse of power" in its tracks. Raise a feminist army and lead the charge when your competitors cheat and change the rules on you. These Mizuno's are built to protect your feet from mudslinging and add sunshine to the political process. Highly recommended for fierce women and anyone who's not a Greedy Old Prick (GOP).
2727 comments5,059 of 5,315 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2013
I bought them in pink with green stripe. I will put them on my feet when I need to run far. When I am tired, I will ask myself: WWWD?! Then I will keep running.
1111 comments2,565 of 2,712 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2013
I was in the market for new shoes a few years back. One night I went to the shoe store and ran into this very pushy salesmen. I told him that I was browsing and not quite ready to buy yet. He wouldn't let up on his sale tactics and forcibly put a pair of shoes on me. I ran out of the store crying, not sure what to do.

Every time I would try to take them off, a man would show up out of nowhere and tell me that if I didn't want them I shouldn't have put them on in the first place. When I tried to explain they were forced upon me he would say if they were legitimately forced on me, my body would have rejected them. And if that was the case, i should have taken them off sooner. Luckily I had the means to leave the state. At which point I could finally take those shoes off.

I was squeamish about buying new shoes for many years after that incident. After much thought and deliberation with my family, I decided that the time was right. It was time to buy new running shoes. I wanted a pair I could stand in. Be proud of. That say "this is my choice and it is the right choice for me." I tried on the Mizuno women's wave rider 16. They were perfect. The fit, the style, the longevity. I feel like I can stand all day long and fight back against all the pushy salesmen when I have them on. They are the perfect choice for me and I hope you can find your choice too.
3232 comments2,717 of 2,914 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2013
When I first began wearing these shoes I thought my reproductive rights were secure. Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong. Luckily these shoes are really great for kicking republican legislators out of office! They want to shut down reproductive and health care facilities for the poor in Texas? Use these shoes to shut down the state capital!

These go perfectly with any back brace you may need after good old fashion filibusting for 9 hours (with 4 more to go). What's that? Your crappy mean spirited colleagues on the other side of the isle say it isn't fair? That's right ladies, this shoe is completely washable, so just shove it up their ass.

Most importantly, even if you wear these gems without sox for three days straight, they still smell better than a republican Lt Governor who tries to push a law through past midnight, which is absolutely and completely illegal. Yea, pretty stinky I know.

Go Wendy Go #StandWithWedy
3838 comments3,824 of 4,136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2013
If you live in North Dakota, make sure you purchase these within the first six weeks of your running program or you will be prohibited from purchasing them. It's for the safety of the shoes.
22 comments1,460 of 1,593 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2013
I'm not sure I could ever bring myself to buy or wear shoes like this. But you know, I'm so glad I have the option.

#StandWithWendy
33 comments1,553 of 1,695 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2013
Do you believe in human rights? Do you think a women's health is a matter for her and her doctor and not for aged religious fundamentalists? Then these are the shoes for you! They will carry you through a marathon and a 13-hour filibuster necessary to protect women from the bigotry and religious intolerance in Texas. Highly recommended for progressive feet!
33 comments1,935 of 2,120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2013
Whether you're running for governor or standing up for women's rights, these shoes really fit the bill! Standing up for 11 hours straight in a room full of men who are telling what to do with your baby-maker is no easy task. Fortunately, the Mizuno Wave Riders are always up to the challenge. They are sturdy enough to kick behind, yet classy enough to look good while doing it. I endorse these shoes!
0Comment1,375 of 1,505 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2013
Sometimes you have to take off your adorable kitten heels and slip on your Mizuno Wave Riders. These are the perfect shoes for kicking Rick Perry's ass. Thanks, Mizuno!
11 comment1,448 of 1,586 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See 1 answered question