Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mizuno Women's Wave Sayonara Running Shoe
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on August 2, 2013
I loved the Mizuno Wave Rider 15's, then I was crazy about the 16's. I've done most of my running in those two models. I switched to Brooks Pure Project shoes because I loved the lighter, more moulded fit. This shoe brought me back to Mizuno. It fits like a glove with great support for the arch and heel but the toe box is roomy. It is light and responsive on road and trails with plenty of cushion, although not as much as the 15's. It's a great product! I bought the raspberry colored but I wish they had a larger selection of colors. Never the less, I am hooked!
on October 9, 2013
I am an avid runner and triathlete. I run all distances from 5Ks to marathons. I'd say I am typically middle of the pack or a bit faster. Currently, I am running about 20-25 miles per week as I ramp up to another marathon in February. I am a neutral runner and have previously run in Asics Nimbus, Mizuno Wave Rider, and Mizuno Precision. I bought these as a replacement for my favorite shoes, the Mizuno Precision 13. They are not really a replacement, as they are a totally different shoe. They appeal to the same type of runners, though. They are a great middle of the road shoe, so to speak -- not super cushy but not minimalist. I knew the drop was only 10 mm compared to the 13 mm of the Precision, but I was wanting to go a little more minimal and a bit lighter. I've only run in these shoes for about a month, and I'm having Achilles problems running only 10 miles for my long runs and 3-4 runs per week. Nothing major, but it's definitely tight and sore much of the time. Achilles issues aside, I've always loved Mizuno shoes because they last forever! My Precisions have over 500 miles on them, and they still look brand new (well, the soles are a bit worn, but the upper has no holes or anything -- I trained for and raced an Ironman in them). My Asics always had holes in them by then. Unfortunately, after only about 100 miles, these shoes are showing some wear. The mesh has small holes where my foot bends already! If it wasn't for the durability factor, I'd give these more of a chance. I will continue to run shorter runs in them and hopefully make the adjustment to the lower drop, but I have a feeling they just may not last long. I think I'm going to try to pick up a pair of Precisions before they are completely gone. I REALLY wanted to like these. I waited a month for my running shoe store to get them in after Mizuno pulled them from the shelves for a defect. Many people are having issues with holes in the mesh now that they've been out for a few months. I hope Mizuno will fix this problem because otherwise, they are great shoes.

PROS
Wide toe box
Fit true to size (same size I wear in Nimbus)
Snug around heel (I have narrow heels and don't even have to use a runner's knot to get them snug, unlike every other shoe I've worn)
Laces are a good length and grippy, so they don't come untied or drag the ground
Very flexible
Light
Responsive

CONS
Durability
10 mm drop may not work for everyone -- ease into them
Less cushion, so I wouldn't recommend these for heavier runners (great for fast runners, though)
on July 18, 2014
This is my third pair of Mizunos. With each pair, I haven't had to "break them in," as they're so comfortable and fit my narrow feet well. These don't have a large arch, but are still well padded and great for running.
on April 23, 2015
Beautifully made sneakers. I have an incredibly high arch and as a result have trouble with my ankles rolling in without good support. I've been wearing them to the gym every day for over a month for weight training and cardio and they are so comfortable! I also have really narrow feet and finding sneakers to fit these crazy little feet of mine is tough. I will be sticking with Mizunos from now on.
on May 22, 2015
My wife liked these shoes a lot, until the 'upper' above the toe area began to crack/rip (on both shoes). That's the reason for the four stars instead of five. I will say, however, that Mizuno customer support was excellent, and my wife had a brand-new pair of Mizuno's via warranty within just a few days of filing a claim. So, 1/2 a star for that! The downside was that Mizuno didn't have the same exact style/color combo. Good, comfortable running shoes with a solid 1-year warranty.
on January 16, 2016
So light! The colors are pretty. I love the reinforced toe area. I always tend to get holes in the front with my running shoes. They are tight in the tongue area so it prevents your feet from sliding foward when u run. But they do run small
on November 12, 2014
This shoe is great, but a little light. If you're a high mileage runner you will burn through it in months but it will support you the entire 2 months. Mizuno has thicker shoes that last a little longer but this one is a decen running shoe, especially if you pronate and have semi flat arches.
on February 17, 2015
I give it three stars just because they didn't last very long, the toe is narrow. I run 4-5 miles on the weekends only and was sad to see that the shoes didn't hold up longer than a couple of months. The top of the shoe started tearing as well.
on September 3, 2015
Had tried it on in a B&M store before getting a better price here so I knew exactly how the shoe would fit. Very lightweight, moderately cushioned sole and low profile. Good for neutral gait. Spacious toe-box suitable for wider feet. Very comfortable on a couple short distance runs (3-4 miles).
on October 16, 2015
Short distance street runner here. 2-10 miles per week in good weather.

My second Mizuno purchase. I find these running shoes to be quite lightweight and of pretty good quality for the needs of a moderate runner. Snug heel. Cushioning on these shoes seems low and there is not too much tread to speak of. Don't expect a ton of grip if that is what you're into. I have a very high arch, comfort in these is ok. Good lightweight shoe, but I'll probably try other models when it's time for a new pair.

I personally enjoy the hot pink color that I purchased, but very much look forward to the day when sportswear companies produce designs other than in pink/purple/light blue for women runners. HEY MIZUNO, CAN YOU HEAR US?