Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on March 27, 2014
This case looks awesome in the photo,but on arrival your judgment changes at its lackluster craftsmanship. However after months of use its held up some heavy abuse. I beat on this case, thrown in and out of my backpack with books and other items, and it steal looks brand new. Covers your screen , magnets work,feels sturdy..
You really cant just judge a book by its cover.
review image review image review image review image
on August 16, 2013
Moko has become my 'go to' brand for all tablets that I test and review. They usually have at least 2 to 3 different formats for each tablet: one is sleek and this would be the ultraslim, another just slim so more protective, a more expensive leather textured type and they also make a carbon finish one for the Nexus 7. I ordered all of them to fit my mood. This ultraslim one does a perfect job of moderate protection, yet still gives easy access and handling. It will protect against most bumps and scratches when inside a bag, pocket etc. Smart auto wake/sleep works perfectly, as does the magnetic clasp closure. All for $10 or $12. You can never really go wrong with Moko. They are ten times better than others like Fintie especially. I am also a fan of Poetic cases. Between these two I have supplied my tablet case requirements for five years.

Update 8/21/2013
I cannot believe all the negative reviews for the2013 Nexus 7 FHD model: People,the case is designed to be ultra-thin, so obviously not that much protection. Their other cases address the needs of those who want or need bulkier or more adaptable cases. Some say it does not fit or can come loose: well I have tested,reviewed and used cases for over 5 years since Tablets appeared-These people are incorrect OR have a faulty case! The case fits perfectly and is never going to fall out unless you shake it for an hour and smack it dozens of times against a brick wall. I have dropped it 3 times when deliberately testing from a height of 2 feet to four feet. No damage to Nexus or case, both on carpet and tile. Case remained closed as well. If somebody has a case where they feel as though it does not fit properly,come loose or not aligned correctly with slots-then it is faulty,since mine does not do that: none of my Moko Cases have had that issue ever. I have no allegiance to Moko, just love their cases and wanted to set the record straight.
on August 28, 2013
I have the Newest NEXUS 7 FHD (2013) tablet and was fortunately hesitant to purchase the ASUS case based on the initial reviews. It also looks like even the premium case is not living up to expectations. So I purchased this one and found it to be a very nice protector of my droid. I am not too fond of the other cases that are stitched together, since they look cheapy, the stitching starts to unravel after awhile, and they look overly bulky, so I was waiting for a nice form fitting, hard-shell case like this one to come to market at a more reasonable price than the ASUS offerings. This one fits the bill perfectly. Some people may feel that the case increases the thickness of their nice, new, slim, Nexus 7; but I find it more reassuring to have the thick plastic protection and it also feels more secure in my hands than holding the bare device. One of the issues I have now is that the folding front does not stay folded very well in the standing up state and it will unravel quite easily. I assume this will work itself out as the folding areas break-in a bit more. The magnet in the flap does activate the sleep and wake-up function on the Nexus 7, but sometimes you need to wake it up manually with the power button which is not really a problem for me, but may be aggravating to someone more picky about that function; but the sleep on close has worked without a problem.
on September 13, 2013
The lining that covers the screen is soft, but it would have been nice had it been a bit softer.

Closing the cover consistently puts it into sleep mode, but, occasionally, opening the cover does not wake it up. It seems to be related to the speed at which the cover is opened (seems to work consistently if you open it quickly, but it could be something about the strength of the magnet in the cover or it could be an issue with the Nexus 7 (2nd generation). In any event, it's not really an issue as it works most of the time.

In the reviews for its predecessor (cover for the 1st generation Nexus 7), there were some complaints that the magnetic "clasp" that holds the cover closed seemed to scratch the screen a little. There is a small metal piece on the edge of the cover that wraps around the edge - so that it's a small flat metal piece on both sides. Although it lines up with the small magnets attached to the back cover, I can see how a little lateral pressure (from handling it or carrying it in a hand or a bag) could cause the metal piece on the cover to come into contact with the glass. To help avoid any potential damage, I put two layers of "invisible" tape on the inside metal piece on the cover that could, potentially, touch the screen. It was fairly cheap, thin tape (not the name brand) and it was fairly easy to tear/cut off neatly, so that it only covered the inside surface of the metal piece (the part that might be able to come into contact with the screen). I think it will provide adequate protection and it's virtually invisible.

It's a great, thin, lightweight (front and back) cover for the Nexus 7 2nd generation. All the openings line up well and the folding cover seems very much like the iPad smart cover (which I think is a beautiful piece of design/engineering). It's quite handy, but it does only provide one angle.

All in all, a very nice, slim, lightweight cover for the Nexus 7 2nd generation. It would be hard to beat it for the price.
on January 14, 2014
Nice construction, molded hard case on back with a segmented flip flap cover adding two magnets for great closure. And as I tittle this review it fits like a glove on my Nexus 7 FHD. All 3 Speaker, Micro USB, Camera. Power & Volume buttons and Headphones holes on it; making it so "PERFECT".

Recommended by a friend of mine, now I recommend to everybody.

I have plans to bought another one on blue to match my BOSE SIE2i earbuds :)
on December 9, 2013
I can't say enough about this case it's honestly the best case I have ever used tablet or other wise. I use it all the time it fits perfectly and keeps everything nice and protected the design is really nice and feels of really high quality leather even though it's not. I like and admire the company's choice with this case and I would buy from this brand again.I LOVE !! the Smart features most of all when I'm done using it it just turns the screen off and I don't have to worry about my battery being wasted. when the case is opened back up it turns the screen on. !! I recommend this case to anyone looking for a cheaper reliable case brand.
on February 9, 2014
Amazing quality for the price.

It's extremely sturdy and is a great quality cover. It's thin, snaps on super snugly without coming up the sides (WHICH I HATE). I like how it ends exactly on the side keeping it flat as opposed to so many other cases. Also how the shell is hard and plastic, not like the soft vinyl or GHETTO leather of some other cases.

Also, the DESIGNNN. As a girl, I practically squealed when I saw the choices, the flowers, the COLORS! and it looks exactly like the picture. love, love, LOVE! Honestly, it just looks so beautiful I might just get the other colors of the same design because I love it so much.

It works well, with the sleep functioin etc. But I really just appreciate how it's slim and is smooth. I don't understand why so many cases have those weird bumps on the back; I suppose it's for better grip but how hard is it to hold your nexus anyways?? It's so small!

The ONLY grip I have about this case are the "stand" settings. There's either like a REALLY low setting which is probably a 25 degree angle and a REALLY high setting (around 80 degrees?). I generally use the higher stand setting but sometimes I wish there was one in the middle which would be much more convenient and easier to implement.

Apart from that, this case is great and worth every dollar.
on May 2, 2014
When I ordered my Nexus 7 FHD (2013) a couple of weeks ago I added on the Moko case, and of all the cases available on Amazon, I feel that I made the right choice. After removing the case from its packaging, I immediately noticed that the molded plastic material is the good quality kind (nice finished surface, deep color, no visible mold seams), with smooth rounded edges and a simulated leather texture on the backside for grip. The tablet slips right in and locks into place with little effort, yet the case grabs the tablet tight enough so that you don't have to worry about your tablet accidentally falling out. There are nice, wide openings for the speakers, power button, volume buttons, and micro USB port; the micro USB port opening has ample room for plugging in accessories.

To keep the tablet looking nice and scratch-free, both the interior and the cover have a soft, felt-like lining You can't see it, but there's a magnet/metal strip at the edge of the cover which lines up with two more magnets on the case; these magnets not only keep the cover closed when you close it (surprisingly a lot of cover-cases don't have this feature) but they also trigger the screen so that when you open the cover, your screen comes on and when you close it, so does the screen. The cover itself is the usual tri-fold design, where you can fold it backwards onto itself to make a stand for the tablet in both horizontal and vertical positions.

I'm not a fan of the TPU-style rubbery cases, and I don't want something super flashy either; which is fine, because the Moko case fits the bill. Even the "Moko" logo is barely noticeable on the front - unlike the Poetic version. All in all, this is a nice case that's feature packed and has a price tag that you can't argue with.
on March 24, 2015
This is still a great product. Functions as expected and gives easy access to all buttons and charge port. Very nice product has a quality feel to it. Only complaint is that the flap is a little stiff so that it does not like to stay bent when using the stand function. The magnet in the spine and edge of the flap helps to keep the flap bent but is just barely strong enough to get this job done. Don't get me wrong it still will stay in the stand mode but you have to adjust it to get it in the right position.

This cover also has a magnet in the tablet side of the spine to keep the cover closed and the tablet will sense this magnet and lock the screen when closed and turn the screen on when opened (you will still have to unlock the screen).

Overall I am very pleased with this cover and may order a 2nd one to use as a backup down the road when this one wears out.
on January 13, 2014
The camera holes are not there so you can't use camera with the cover on.
Nice cover if you don't need the camera.