1,288 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Samsung version
I owned the Samsung smart cover and returned that within two days. This cover is just as thin and light as the samsung version, but has a few advantages for a fraction of the price.

Published 15 months ago by D. Canfield

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm 50/50 on this
I got the MoKo Ultra Slim "White" version for my Galaxy Note 8.
The Good:
-It is ULTRA slim as advertised
-It fits the GN8 perfectly
-Its actually a smart cover (automatically wakes and sleeps the device)
-Does not add any bulkiness to the GN8, so the device and nice and slim
-Tri-Folds so you can watch/read things in landscape on a...
Published 11 months ago by Ashraf A. Dawod

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Samsung version, May 1, 2013
D. Canfield (Indianapolis, IN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 inch GT - N5100 Android Tablet, BLACK (with Auto Wake/Sleep Function) (Personal Computers)

The Samsung cover could only be used as a stand in a single, low position that I hated. Because the Moko has a stronger magnet, it can be used in either a mostly flat or a mostly upright position.

One problem with these book covers is that they make the rear camera challenging to use (I use this tablet at work as well as home, so I like the rear camera for documenting things or capturing whiteboard contents). Again, because the Moko has a stronger magnet, it's easier to fold the cover out of the way when you're trying to use the camera. In fact, you can even use the folded cover as another place to hold the tablet when taking a picture.

This cover does not have the little cut out for the speaker on the GSM models, but it doesn't sound like that model is coming to the US anyway.

As mentioned in my response to a question in the comments section, this cover does properly trigger the sleep/wake function, but I've never had it accidentally put the tablet to sleep. This was a constant problem with 3rd party accessories for my previous tablet.

Two minor gripes:

- There was a plastic sheeting on the little chrome name plate. This was attached underneath the nameplate and didn't come off cleanly (it stretches before ripping), so it left some small bits of ugly plastic sticking out. A careful session with a very sharp razor blade and a steady hand fixed that. Hopefully I didn't manage to actually cut through any of the vinyl.

- When the cover is folded back, the tablet is slightly more difficult to hold with your left hand because the leather "hinge" doesn't run the entire length of the case, so that causes the flap to slide around a bit in your hand. If you're left handed, you'll be right at home because it's actually more comfortable to hold the case from the right side (I often use the tablet upside down because I find it easier to hit the buttons from the top when sitting in bed, and that fixes this problem as well).

Someone in another review mentioned that once you folded the case it doesn't lay flat again. The thing about this case is that the cover can be folded in either direction and the magnet still works, so as long as you fold it in such a way that the cover curves inward, you shouldn't have this problem. In either case, the magnet that keeps the case closed helps with this as well.

Overall it's a great case at an amazing price (six bucks for black!). Easily the best value of any case I've ever purchased for any phone or tablet, and I've gone through a lot of them.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm 50/50 on this, September 23, 2013
I got the MoKo Ultra Slim "White" version for my Galaxy Note 8.
The Good:
-It is ULTRA slim as advertised
-It fits the GN8 perfectly
-Its actually a smart cover (automatically wakes and sleeps the device)
-Does not add any bulkiness to the GN8, so the device and nice and slim
-Tri-Folds so you can watch/read things in landscape on a flat surface.

The not-so-Good:
-You can't simply flip the cover open all the way.
For example: I do a lot of reading on my GN8, when I have this case on it, I can't just flip case to hold the GN8 on my hands. The case is soft, its shifts a bit in the position, and doesn't "fit" correctly.
The only option is to use the Tri-fold and grab hold of that with one hand, which becomes uncomfortable with long periods of time reading.

-Almost no protection is provided
This case is SUPER slim, which means, it will provide almost no protection of any "accidents". So the only time I use it, is when I'm at home. I use a padded cover for the device if I'm taking it outside, because I can't trust that this case can do any protection at all.

Would I recommend this?
That would depend, if you are planning on using your GN8 indoors, and not going to do a lot of reading or writing on it, which would allow you to "hold" the device with one hand for long periods of time, then yes.

If you are going to be using your GN8 constantly, with lots of reading/writing, using it outdoors, or have to hold the device for long periods of time, then no.
I would recommend to get a padded case with slip for one handed use, because this will not do that.

2.0 out of 5 stars inconveniences outweighs the good, May 23, 2013
The issues that I had with the cover case were as follows:

1. The design. When I got it I thought that I would be able to adjust the kickstand to work if I were lying down or typing and that's not the case.

2. The fit. The tablet did not fit snug into the pouch. There was too much room and the tablet would slide back and forth making it hard to take pictures and putting in headphones *cause it is sliding it could bend/damage headphones.

3. The keyboard. The keyboard had a big lag in it every time I were to begin typing a word. It would pick up two or sometimes three letters into the word. Even after my tablet recognized that it was connected to the keyboard.

These may seem like minor issues to some but the purpose of products like these are for protection and convenience and this wasn't convenient for me

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but wrong USB cord, April 23, 2013
Amazon Customer (Rockville Centre, New York, US) - See all my reviews
For the $17 I paid it is well designed and portable. However, it shipped with a USB mini charge cord, not the USB micro that is reguired. Was anyone paying attention?

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay to start with, but..., September 12, 2013
The case is quite nice. Light-weight and slim. However, after 2 months of opening and closing two fine cracks developed and then the plastic snapped off from around the magnets. I think this is pretty unacceptable for such a short period of time.

When the cover is opened or closed the screen turns on or off, respectively. This is helpful, but if you accidentally or partially close the cover, your note will shut off. This has been know to happen to me if I am using the cover as a stand, which can be ever so slightly fiddly if you're doing multiple things at once.

Overall, I do not recommend this case and instead suggest look for a more sturdy alternative, or case made of more flexible material to help avoid it cracking.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT GET THIS CASE., June 20, 2013
Dragember (Houston, Texas) - See all my reviews
When I first received this case, one of the first things I noticed was that there was a strange sticky residue on the inside of the cover. I was willing to overlook that, as it seemed to have dried and couldn't get out and I didn't like walking around with my tablet unprotected. I already had it for a month, though it didn't have any scratches at the time.

Despite that I thought it was an overall O.K. case. However, today I just noticed, what I thought were persistent smudges were in fact horrid scratches. My 1 year old phone, which has no screen protection what so ever, does NOT have scratches like this. The scratches are NOT thin lines, they're small areas, grinded in and gritty, and DO effect pen writing.

I didn't understand how I could get scratches THIS bad. After all, I had the tablet for about a month before getting this case and I only had a few surface scratches. I sought a case in an attempt to prevent this from happening frequently. I've only had this case for a few weeks, and the tablet has not endured any trauma.

So what caused it? It's the poor design of the case itself. It has very week magnets, and the folding shape of the case rubbed against the screen very persistently as I went about my day. Constant grinding from the edge, which folded down lazily smack dab in the middle of my screen.

If you care about your $400 device, and are looking for a case that will protect its sensitive screen, DO NOT BUY THIS CASE. I've just essentially damaged this device because I use it for artistic purposes in my spare time, which is why I bought it in addition to wanting a tablet for leisure in general.

Seek another case! You have been warned.

5.0 out of 5 stars The very BEST CASE FOR NOTE 8, October 8, 2013
I purchased at least three cases for my Note 8 and made reviews on the same sheet. I mistakenly said another was the best case to have but this is the one. I love the removable keyboard and most time don't have it in the case. The material is nice, and the case does not add too much bulk. I would recommend this case over all others (I've purchased three) and this is my case of choice and receives my TOP RATING.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect case for Galaxy Note 8.0, May 24, 2013
Several reasons why this case works so well. The way it attaches to the Note 8.0 is nice and snug yet still leaves the entire front face open. Also, the way it folds to become a stand is great and requires no extra flap on the back - leaving the back nice and clean.

The front cover stays shut nicely with a comforting "thunk". Access to the S-pen is always available. I also like the hand strap that allows you to walk around with it while using the s-pen to write with. It really makes a difference as to how you use it.

Materials - Great. I have both the PU leather version and the genuine leather version. I needed the case for a trip and the genuine leather version wasn't ready yet. If you care about such things, paying a little extra for real leather is certainly worth it. If you don't care about such things - or want different colors, the PU leather is pretty damn close. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel!, May 21, 2013
This case fits the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 perfectly! The plastic shell is not completely rigid (you can bend it a little), but the corners and sides are protected with thicker plastic (except the corner where the S pen is located) and it truly is a "slim case." I can easily put my tablet in my purse with little worry about damage, and it is very convenient to have while traveling.

I would like to note that once you fold the front cover over for the first time, it should be expected that it won't lie flat when you return it to the original position. Can you unfold a piece of paper to lie perfectly flat once it's been folded? Not without taking a steam iron to it or letting it sit between two giant books for a couple months! (Neither of which you should do with this case!) Also, as other reviewers have said, the front cover does have a bit of an overhang when you try to make the cover lie flat, but if you don't push on it, it's perfectly fine. My cover does not move when it's closed, so either Moko fixed the problems that the other reviewers wrote about or I just find these problems to be very minor for the great price. 5 stars!

3.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard is a re-purposed iPad keyboard :-(, May 14, 2013
The case is great (for the price). And the Bluetooth keyboard also works fine. My only complaint is that the keyboard was made for iPads... not Android devices. Most Android keyboards have a "home" key and a "return" (not talking about the "enter") key. The keyboard should probably not be labeled "For Samsung Galaxy Note 8".

Rate and Discover Movies