5.0 out of 5 stars MOB RULES: Right up there with "Heaven & Hell"
THE BAND: Ronnie James Dio (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitars), Geezer Butler (bass), Geoff Nicholls (keyboards), Vinnie Appice (drums and percussion) - replacing original drummer Bill Ward.

THE DISC: (1981) 9 tracks clocking in at approximately 40 minutes. Included with the disc is a minimal 2-page foldout containing song titles/credits/times, band members and...
Published on May 2, 2008 by R. Gorham

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best remaster out there!
I compared this rhino version of Mob Rules to my 1996 U.K. Castle remaster version and the Castle one sounds a little better because it's not over compressed and limited, to the point of sounding almost distorted. The bass sounds more natural, it seems to breathe a bit better than Rhino. The Rhino artwork and notes are incomplet compared to the Castle one.
Published on November 1, 2009 by R. Fleurant

‹ Previous | 113 14 1519 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars the Dio-era's Sabbath Bloody Sabbarh, May 29, 2001
Greg W. Bischoff (McDermott, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mob Rules (Audio CD)
There are many words I could use for this cd. But I will just simply say it's awesome. This is the first sabbath cd i ever got, and it started my Sabbath frenzy. Now I know because of that statement, Ozzy die-hards may ridicule and say I don't know real sabbath, but they're wrong. I have all of black sabbath's cds except for live at last, and this one is very special to me. In listening to this cd, i personally don't get why reviewers of this keep bashing Ronnie and Vinnie. I think they're great musicians and performers, I'm willing to bet that the only reason people slag them is because they're Americans. Now to the CD. Turn up the night is an awesome starting track, voodoo grooves all the way through, sign of the southern cross is the best track i'd even say it's better than iron man(Uh-Oh, I'm in trouble!) Mob Rules is the heaviest song on the album, and i love Ronnie's vocals on this, he can scare the [heck]out of any Hanson fan. Country girl rocks and shows a gentle side, slipping away is kinda odd, but i love all the solos from geezer, tony, and vinnie. Falling off the edge of the world is an excellent tune that sadly never got included in the live set. And Over and over is the melancholic track that ends the album with ronnie's sympathy for the dying world of hate and frustration. I give this 5 stars, i wish i could give more. Like i said in my review of Eternal Idol, buy this if you have an open mind and you aren't too stubborn to listen to anything that doesn't have Mr. Banshee on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mob Rules...five stars...a classic., April 14, 2007
This review is from: Mob Rules (Audio CD)
"Voodoo", "Over and Over", "Sign of the Southern Cross", "Falling Off the Edge of the World", etc.... From beginning to end, this album rocks. An all-time favorite.

Man...Dio + Sabbath is the best ever....

5.0 out of 5 stars My alltime favorite Dio/Sabbath era cd, July 31, 2014
My alltime favorite Dio/Sabbath era cd. The bonus live cd is the best recording I've ever heard from any version of Sabbath or Dio . If you own the original this deluxe version is even better . Buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars if you listen to fools, the mob rules, September 16, 2014
I'm more than happy. Thank you so much. It's definitely worth every penny I paid and it has a lot of stuff inside plus the second disc is the Live at Hammersmith Odeon.
Ronnie James Dio forever

5.0 out of 5 stars The last great sabbath..., August 25, 2004
Y. SEMENIC (BELFORT France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mob Rules (Audio CD)
This is the second studio album with R.J. Dio. To my opinion, this is probably the last 'inspired' album of this great band. Although not as good as 'heaven and hell', I give it 5 stars !

5.0 out of 5 stars The Inquisition, June 2, 2010
This review is from: Mob Rules (Audio CD)
This is one of those early seminal 80's metal albums. A time right before crass commercialism took over metal marketing completely, when there were still some people at the labels who cared about music as an art form; artists creating with that integrity of the '70s, with just enough new know how for the '80s. So here we have metal at the peak of its powers; and make no mistake, the playing on here is phenomenal. Guitars that out-Hendrix Hendrix, a rhythm section that lays it down so unequivicably, it's like a question that can never be answered. And then there's that vocal; just pure unadulterated power, a straight blow to the head, with a clean shot to the solar-plexus...this guy takes on all-comers and turns them into giant pillars of salt. The respites on here are for your benefit; if they packed the whole album with highlights, believe me you would have a heart attack, a truism that also goes for 'Screaming for Vengeance.'

4.0 out of 5 stars E5150= Evil, but Kill Ozzy?, October 19, 2010
This review is from: Mob Rules (Audio CD)
"Mob Rules" is a dark underrated Black Sabbath album that has a creative cover art decoration done by Greg Hildebrandt and allegedly contains Kill Ozzy obscurely at the bottom of the picture; similary, the album has dark lyrics, from tracks like "Over and Over," "Sign of the Southern Cross," and the title track. "Voodoo" was another hit from the album, but turn up the night is upbeat. You hear lyrics like, "Help me, tell me I'm sane...you know I've seen some visions of Hell" from "Falling Off The Edge of The World," "Death and darkness are rushing forward," from "Mob Rules," Call me the Devil, it's true some can't accept but I crept inside you," from "Voodoo," and "If an echo doesn't answer, when it hears a searchin' sound, then the beast is free to wander, but never seen around" from the eight minute "Sign of The Southern Cross." Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album, July 19, 2009
This review is from: Mob Rules (MP3 Music)
Buy this album. You're music collection will thank you and will no longer weep late at night wondering why you don't like it and won't buy Mob Rules.

3.0 out of 5 stars your doctors orders, October 21, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Mob Rules (Audio CD)
Despite Sign of the Southern Cross is ones of Sabbath's best the album as a whole is not one of my favorites, it lacks the edge of previous liricks.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... of this album was a remaster and it sounds great. The added liner notes are always a plus ..., October 16, 2014
This review is from: Mob Rules (Audio CD)
The version I got of this album was a remaster and it sounds great. The added liner notes are always a plus for a big fan like me.

‹ Previous | 113 14 1519 | Next ›