Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Format: DVDChange

on January 5, 2012
If you are reading this then you already know that Mob Wives is a "docu-soap" based out of Staten Island that features 4 women with connections to the supposed mob.

Let's talk DVD quality: Perfect. Well almost perfect. Although advertised as uncensored there are still many instances where the word is muted or otherwise covered up. I can't imagine for what reason, maybe the censor couldn't get them all (when I say these women curse, I mean a LOT, Try watching it on VH1 one day, and tell me the bleep isn't used at least 5 times a minute) and I don't blame him if he couldn't..it must be tiring work. Every episode is presented in a 16:9 format, video is otherwise perfect. Sound is good too, no problems. I know they had to change the theme song for the show, which is a shame (It's "The Big Bang" by Rock Mafia for those who are uninformed) and I guess the new one works. However, I do remember a LOT of the original songs being present on the DVD which is nice to know that not all of them were changed out for copyright reasons.

Anyway, great DVD. Buy it.
on January 5, 2012
I just want to say that this is a best show to watch on DVD without all of the bleeps. Watching it on TV with the bleeps is no fun. It makes it more exciting that way. Great job, VH-1.
on December 25, 2011
I'm glad that VH1 decided to release this uncensored. Really it's the only way to view this series. My only disappointment is the fact that the title song is different. It fit much better then the one that is on the DVD's. This happens a lot with season's and it really is a disappointment. It's such a small thing but it makes a difference. Artists who lend the song for the channel should work it out so that it appears on the DVD's.
on December 2, 2013
I like this show because it's messy and life can be messy at times certainly can be fun to watch. Along the way you find yourself become endeared towards some of the people on the show. Although some the show could do without.

To sum them up:
Renee- She's cool but a bit dramatic and a tad pyschotic but you can tell she's just screaming to be loved.

Karen- A bit manipulative she comes across as a pretender, seems she had high hopes for the show to change her life.

Carla- With friends like Carla....... She's very two faced and self centered. She only treats Drita as a friend.

Drita- A Wanna be who fooled me at first. She's been around real and tries to emulate real but she's certainly not real. She's more akin to a puffer fish when in danger but basically she's all talk. Pay attention to her body language when she does gets into "fights" she's scared and she constantly caught up in lies. If your street you don't need boxing lessons.
on December 18, 2011
I love this season! I'll be watching it over and over and over again! Watching each episode gets me more hooked, & eager to watch the next one! I can't wait till the next season! You will enjoy every episode as each one is different! I love the fights, the bitching the family links & respect!
on January 17, 2012
I LOVE this show, and was so excited to get this for Christmas. Small disappointments, as others have mentioned, is it is not totally unsensored. Also, my favorite song, Big Big Bang, is NOT the theme on these.

Now the MAJOR issue...My husband and I watched ONCE after receiving (handled only by him), and when I brought them out last night to watch again, was horrified to find they now skip and drag. The DVD player made a loud whining noise throughout the entire disk(s). The sound does fluctuate, but it is slight. Keep in mind, my kids have a few movies of their own, that are incredibly scratched, yet still manage to play fine with absolutely no issues. There should not be any problems with brand new DVD's. I told my husband, who flipped the disk over to take a look, and discovered a lot of little fine scratch lines. The underside is also a blue color, which none of my other (over 300 DVD's, including boxed sets) have. He then proclaimed they are made on cheap quality disks. I'm no electronics expert, but I can see no other reason for these issues, other than the hubby's answer.

I just filed for an exchange, so I am HOPING this is a fluke....but I just read another posters review on the their disc quality issues, so I am sadly skeptical.

I give the show itself 5 stars, but this set, until I get decently made items, 1 star.
22 comments10 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2015
I have to say I like this series. It's entertaining to say the least. However, I have to say one thing. These women need to get it through their thick heads and bad makeup that THEY ARE NOT THE VICTIMS!!!! They sit there with their self-entitled perceptions about the fed, the feds, THE FEDS! How the FEDs destroy lives, etc. Wake up! Don't want the feds busting down your door at 5 a.m. scaring and emotionally scarring you children? Then don't be married to a, "mobster." Drita's husband Lee, is supposedly a 2x bank robber; if that's true, what about the people in the bank who probably live with PTSD thanks to him. Do you think what he did didn't affect INNOCENT people who were just trying to run an errand at the bank he robbed? At least Karen Gravano admits how awful that he father took someone's loved one away due to his 19 killings. These women sit here and brag about how glamorous their supposed lifestyles were, but someone obviously had to pay a price for their, "luxuries." I mostly feel sorry for the children, yes they don't have their fathers and grandfathers, but that is also the women's fault who CHOSE to marry these CRIMINALS from the get-go. Do they once think about the children and loved ones that their significant others, "whacked"? Those children and love ones are the real victims. Not these women. End. Of. Story. PERIOD.
on January 10, 2012
I love the show MobWives but was very disappointed after spending $41.00 on this disc set. I question the disc quality despite being sealed. Are these discs knock-offs??
The first 2 discs were scratched upon opening--lost about 10 minutes of video on each disc due to skipping from the scratches!! Terrible quality!! And why does the volume on the discs go up and down? I have never purchased such poorly made DVDs!!
Amazon should be responsible but lo and behold--when we log in they have no record of the purchase. Shame on VH1 for selling such crappily made discs through a questionable site like Amazon! So disappointed! It's enough to turn me off of the series altogether.
Shame on VH1 and Amazon!!! Do not purchase!!!!!!
33 comments12 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2011
Ever since reality television changed a few years ago, I've been hooked. This show adds up all the craziness that's gone on in reality tv in one hour. First off, how did they get serious organized crime families to participate in this show? Something tells me that the Italian mafia may not be as powerful as it once was (as hearing from relatives).

Anyway the synaposis with this show starts off with a bang, Karen's basically looking for revenge by writing an expose on everybody's dirty laundry. They say their all scared, yet their on a well publicized tv show produced by the Weinstein Bros? Well,the other three aren't going to have anything to do with that and of course confrontation ensues. Soon Renee Befriends Karen a .k.a. Sammy the Bull's Daughter, only to turn on Carla and Drita(Drita being the most desperate!).

The high point of the season ends with a rooftop blowdown of Karen accusing Drita of being backstabbing! On top of a nice luxury hotel in New York City while alll wearing fur coats.(I think Carla was the smartest out of all this to stay out and laugh).

The show does provide a fascinating look into the lives of women who make decent money,well with blood on their hands. Also, how they dealt with their fathers/ husbands past, which is the key thing. On a side note: Most of the women all have men in prison. I find it alittle desperate. It also shows how fathers deal with rebuilding relationships from prison. (Ugh! Staten Island Peyton Place!!!)

Overall, this is alittle tackier version of the New Jersey Housewives. It starts out fast, gets slow, and ends the bang. If your a fan of Mario Puzo or the Godfather, then your gonna love this!
on October 27, 2014
Always a fan of the Mafia life style (it just seemed so fair to me! - only cheats and snitches died), I looked forward to some "inside" kinds of shows. It turned out to be a bunch of foul mouthed women. After a couple of episodes (which I watched to hear the accents - the women had none. Only the men, and mostly when their voice was on the phone, sounded like I remembered. I had to give it up. Too many "F" bombs, too many fights, to much superficial stuff. I do not recall any of my New Jersey and New York friends of the 50's using foul language. Certainly not in mixed company. Family was paramount, and responsibility was shared, family to family.
I'm still looking for the Mafia story that will most likely never be told. They did not share information.