5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Baby Monitor!
Published on August 10, 2011 by Mom Mart

1.0 out of 5 stars Honestly, this monitor just sucks.
We had a great video monitor for our son who is now 2. We recently had another baby so wanted to buy a video monitor that would let us add additional cameras and monitor them both at once.

The features we liked: the VOX option of only coming on when the child makes a noise and the picture was good.

The issues:

1. repeatedly, one of the...
Published on November 5, 2011 by MamaK

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Baby Monitor!, August 10, 2011
This review is from: Mobicam DL Digital Monitoring System (Baby Product)
Recently I was given the opportunity to review the MobiCam Digital DL Wireless Audio/Video Monitoring System from Mobi Technologies for my blog (Mom Mart) and I have to say that this monitor is fabulous! We are constantly on the move visiting family and friends whenever possible and need baby gear that can keep up with us and our highly mobile family. The MobiCam Digital DL can keep up with our family and then some. The bells and whistles offered with this device are outstanding.

The screen is not too little and not too big; it's just the right size without compromising on portability and the quality of video display.

There is no static or signal interruption and thanks to the new DigiLock Wireless with FHSS technology, I don't worry about neighbors or truck drivers picking up my monitor's signal and listening in on or watching my family.

There are multiple ways to monitor using this system. There is the picture/audio mode, the audio only mode, and the VOX (voice activation) mode. My favorite mode is the VOX mode because it saves battery power.

There is an extra wide angle on the camera! I can see what is going on in the room, not just a small section of the bed where my child may or may not be sleeping.

There is a sound bar located at the top of the display that allows me to see the noise level, so I don't have to listen to screaming or crying but I can still see what is going on. This is fabulous for time-outs and temper tantrums.

It works day or night. I love that I do not have to leave a light on in the nursery in order to see what is going on at night. The infrared night vision is crisp and clear and allows me to see my baby no matter what time it is. The infrared light is not bright at all, so it doesn't wake my baby once it is triggered to come on.

There is room to grow with this video/audio monitor. Although it only comes with one camera, the MobiCam is built to work with up to four cameras. After reading the directions and re-linking my original camera I think adding additional cameras would be quite easy to do. There is even an automatic scanning option you can use to alternate between cameras.

This monitoring system is incredibly easy to use. There is no installation required, it is ready to use as soon as you take it out of the box.

I love that the camera and monitor both operate on AC or AA Alkaline Batteries (not included). I have options! If my batteries die and I don't have any replacements I can simply plug in the camera and/or monitor without missing a beat.

There is a USB output for you to connect to your computer for Internet viewing via another PC or cell phone with the optional MobiCam Anywhere software. This monitoring system has the capability to work with video chat outlets such as Skype®, Messenger®, GoogleTalk®, and Yahoo®. I love this feature, especially since I have a tendency to take my boys on mini-vacations to visit family, leaving my husband at home to fend for himself. I have not had the opportunity yet to test out this fabulous feature, but I am looking forward to giving it a go the next trip I take!

I was not paid to write this review, I just LOVE this product. I was supplied with a MobiCam Digital DL Monitoring System for the purposes of a blog review. I was such a fan of this product that I wanted to share my experiences on Amazon as well, since this is where I do a majority of my online shopping.

1.0 out of 5 stars Honestly, this monitor just sucks., November 5, 2011

The issues:

1. repeatedly, one of the cameras would just turn off randomly and in the middle of the night, I'd wake up to hearing screaming from across the house. Or I'd realize ahead of time that one of the cameras had turned off but wouldn't want to risk waking a sleeping baby to go into the room and link the camera back again or whatever they call it. Then, even if it was synched, sometimes it would just stop switching between the two monitors, so it would be telling you that it was on for both, but only one child was really being monitored.

2. a loud buzzing noise. Even when on vox with volume turned pretty low, there was a buzzing/feedback-y noise that came from the speaker. I am a light sleeper and this drove me nuts. I'd have to put the monitor on the other side of the room to sleep. My husband is a heavy sleeper and even he was noticing this problem, which sort of defeats the purpose of having a video monitor.

3. it's confusing to work. I am by no means a technology expert, but I can normally work every gadget we get after my husband gives me the run-down. I could not figure out this darn thing and things that you would think would be easy to do (like switch from viewing one child to viewing the other) are actually lengthy and complicated.

4. wall-mount is inflexible. once mounted, it cannot really be adjusted left or right and all around. you can only mount it inline with the child and just make it go up and down a bit.

basically, just a cheap monitor. we had no problem with that--our last monitor was a cheapee, as well. but the thing's gotta work! come on, mobicam!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap quality and terrible mobility in camera, January 17, 2013
This review is from: Mobicam DL Digital Monitoring System (Baby Product)
I have an older model Mobi monitor and camera for my toddler and had a new baby. I purchased this one for our new baby and it was the cheapest quality I have seen in a baby monitor. Also, per some other reviews, the camera does not allow enough mobility to even position it to see the baby. We returned this one right after we tested it out. I am pretty surprised at the poor quality as our other Mobi monitor has been wonderful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never worked!, April 1, 2012
This review is from: Mobicam DL Digital Monitoring System (Baby Product)
I purchased this video monitor for a friend- we opened it up at the party, and it never worked! I was so embarrassed. The monitor did not recognize the video feed at all. If you're spending this much on a video monitor, I would recommend any of the Summer monitors. They may be pricier, but at least they work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pros and Cons, July 8, 2011
This review is from: Mobicam DL Digital Monitoring System (Baby Product)
Pro:
- In our home, the image is sharp and the sound is crystal clear. I assume this is because it's digital, while our old video monitor was analog
- Small and portable, and can be powered by batteries

Con:
- The screen is smaller than I expected
- The plugs are big, such that when they are plugged in, a baby-proof outlet cover doesn't fit over it (our old video camera fit easily)
- The camera does not tilt very far in the up/down direction, and there is NO side to side tilting. (While the side to side titling isn't important if the video camera is placed on a counter top or crib-edge, it is a huge factor when mounting the monitor on a wall. Our old video camera titled up/down, and left/right almost 90 degrees in each direction. I had it mounted in an inconspicuous place. Now with this video camera, it had to be mounted such that it lined up with the crib in its direct line of site, and it is an obvious eye-sore.
- Complicated menu system

Not yet sure if we will keep it. I am waiting for the extra monitors to arrive so that I can see if any interference develops.

1.0 out of 5 stars USB cable not included, mine not working, January 17, 2014
This review is from: Mobicam DL Digital Monitoring System (Baby Product)
Box and item description reads:
Connect the Digital DL to your PC via USB (cable included)

Manual reads:
Use a standard Mini USB cable available at retail stores (not included) to connect your monitor to PC.

Even when connected to a PC, windows report a USB error and the remote device is dead.

Futhermore, the USB port and power adapter port on the side of the monitor are spaced so closely together that you can't plug USB (standard mini USB cable) and power at the same time without bending one of the connector out of the way.

1.0 out of 5 stars not a good monitor, November 22, 2013
This review is from: Mobicam DL Digital Monitoring System (Baby Product)
This monitor is terrible. I have a previous mobi monitor for my daughter who is now almost 3 years. (We still use it since she's in a bed and we like to keep an eye on her-that one is great and they have stopped making that version). This Mobican DL monitor I'm using for my newborn. It has frozen twice, which is 2 times too many. When it freezes the screen shows her image (sleeping in the crib) but I can hear her screaming hysterically in the house. This monitor is worthless. It is not helpful at all if it freezes. Besides freezing it makes very loud "feedback" noise. In addition, it's very easy to "de-synch" the monitor by pushing the buttons on the side-that's not a fun thing to happen in the middle of the night. I'm sorry. I love my previous mobi video monitor this one is just no good.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, November 23, 2012
This review is from: Mobicam DL Digital Monitoring System (Baby Product)
I'm giving this monitor 3 stars becuase it works, but I can't do any better than that becuase I don't really like it. The camera movement is extremely limited - we've moved it all over the room and cannot get it in good position. For now we have it sitting on the edge of the crib and we can see about half of the bed. We can't put it any higher becuase the camera won't angle down, and we can't put it any farther away or we won't be able to see him (the screen is tiny!). Other (nicer) moniters have two way communication, cameras that you can move with buttons on the reciever and large clear screens. This monitor costs less than monitors with all of those features, but I for one wish I had spent the extra money. Also hate the little melody it plays everytime it comes on, I can see the screen and/or hear the baby, why do I need that? The only thing I like about the camera is the voice activation. I don't understand how other reviewers can say that they 'love' this monitor, there is absolutely nothing special about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor, November 17, 2011
Ida McElwain (Boston Area, Ma, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mobicam DL Digital Monitoring System (Baby Product)
We purchased this monitor for the birth of my second child. After just "getting by" with a cheapy monitor for my first born, I wanted something that gave me a little more piece of mind. Especially if I was playing with my oldest while the baby was sleeping.

So far this monitor has been great. Clear picture, and crisp sound.

Anyone who purchases this monitor should note that the default setting is the power save mode, which means when no noise is detected, the monitor video shuts off until a sound is heard, you have to go in the menu and turn that off if you want a constant picture. Once I figured that out, I was good, b/c I was scared it was faulty out of the box!

The only other thing really worth mentioning is the power cord in the camera part (the piece that watches the baby) where it inserts to the device must not be a tight fit, b/c it constantly falls out. Using Batteries would help this, but it is annoying enough to mention. It is extremely sensitive to how you have it placed.

In all it's a great monitor for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Video Monitor, November 7, 2011
This review is from: Mobicam DL Digital Monitoring System (Baby Product)
When my first child was born I was a huge worry wort and used my monitor all the time. The MobiCam Digital DL Video Monitoring System is a wireless video monitor with 20 ft night vision. I was very excited to try out the MobiCam Digital DL Video Monitoring System as the one thing I longed for most about my old audio only monitor was video. There has been many moments where I could have let my son or daughter play nicely in their bed before going in to check on them. It seems the minute I open the door to peak on them they are crying for me and ready to get down to go play, where if I had a video monitor I could come in when they need me. Did I mention its also a great way to keep an eye on my 2 year old who loves to play in his room.

The MobiCam Digital DL Video Monitoring System has a 2.4 inch high-resolution LCD screen making the images clear and not grainy. You can easily hook the video monitor up to the TV or DVR for viewing/recording with the DL's A/V output. Since MobiCam is wireless it can easily moved from room to room without having to find an outlet to plug it in. I personally loved how easy the MobiCam Digital DL Video Monitoring System was to set up, all I need to do was add battery's it was ready to go. You do not have to worry about seeing at night as the MobiCam has automatic night vision allowing you to see 20 feet into total darkness. The MobiCam has voice-activated operation or audio-only mode to save battery life. You can easily add up to 3 more cameras to expand to view multiple areas or use the MobiCam as a wireless webcam, compatible with Skype, Windows Messenger & Google making this more then just a baby video monitor.

Since using the MobiCam Digital DL Video Monitoring System I've fallen in love and could never go back to an audio only monitor. I was able to set it up and turn it on less then a few minutes (the part that took the longest was putting in the battery's). One down fall I noticed right away was it takes 9 AA battery's, and I hate buying battery's as that can be pricey. I save on battery's by having it plugged in 25% of the time and turning the MobiCam off as soon as I am done with it. The only other downfall I noticed was the camera only goes up and down, where I can see that limiting the view depending on where you place your camera. Overall I think the MobiCam Digital DL Video Monitoring System is great video monitor and I would definitely recommend it to family and friends!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›