From the Back Cover
Delivering high-value mobile applications-from start to finish
This is the definitive guide to building successful mobile applications. It covers every facet of development and deployment, including business issues, architectural design, integration with existing web and legacy applications, and the management of mobile application development projects. It also presents three application case studies that demonstrate best practices at work in real projects. Coverage includes:
- Requirements, design, development, integration, testing, release, and maintenance
- "Mobilizing" existing application architectures
- Building effective user interfaces for mobile applications
- Fat-client and thin-client scenarios
- Managing client-server data transfer
- Securing mobile applications: authentication, encryption, and data self-destruction
- Full Microsoft .NET code examples for cell phones, Pocket PCs, and Tablet PCs
Mobile Applications is indispensable for everyone who needs to deliver robust, high-value mobile solutions: project managers, technical leaders, architects, and experienced developers alike.
About the Author
VALENTINO LEE is a Principal Solution Architect for Hewlett-Packard. Over the course of his career, he has worked as a developer, architect, technical leader and project manager on numerous legacy, web and mobile application development projects. He holds Master's degrees in Biology, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Science from Oxford, Columbia, and London Universities.
HEATHER SCHNEIDER formerly worked as a lead software developer for HP, designing and developing web and mobile applications using VB, Java, .NET and J2EE. She holds a Master's degree in Computer Science from Pace University.
ROBBIE SCHELL is a lead software developer at HP who has developed many diverse legacy, web, and mobile applications using C, C++, C#, VB, Java, .NET, J2EE, and other leading technologies.