Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mobile Edge Alienware Orion M14x ScanFast Checkpoint Friendly Backpack
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Size: 14.1|Color: Black|Change

on February 5, 2013
I've had this backpack for a little over a year now, i bought it when i bought (surprise, surprise) my Alienware laptop. At first i was let down by its lack of capacity compared to my previous pack, but actually it's been nice. I had a lot of trouble with the size of the last backpack; i bumped into people a lot.

I currently carry some medication in one side of the front and spare HDMI and ethernet cord in the other side. Then there is a compartment with lots of sleeves for pens, SD cards, USB thumbdrives, etc. I have many accessories in there, it is laid out nicely. The main compartment is just wide enough for a thin binder, a textbook, and a notebook. This could be a factor for you! In the back is the laptop area but there's enough space for the charger as well.

The backpack features a "scanfast" zipper so the entire pack can be opened like a clamshell and put flat on an x-ray conveyer belt. I frequently travel domestic and have some international travel too, it's not a universally recognized thing, even within the US. I always ask if it's okay, i suggest you do too.

I'm docking a star from the rating because of the pack's durability. It's been a year and a half of average use, and the bottom of the pack is splitting at the corners and there is fraying near the shoulder straps. There's also a strange fissure up the top of middle of the top of the pack, almost like a ridge of fraying. This backpack has been great but for $100 list-price, i should get more than a year and a half out of it. In comparison, the two bags i had before this one each cost ~$50 and each lasted 4 years.
on May 28, 2015
Fits my 14" Alienware laptop and some papers and basic gear, but not much else. I like the look of this bag and I like the id holder and the 3 accordion style fold out for paper in the 2nd compartment. It also fits my 14" Alienware great, but if I were to purchase all over again I would get the 17". I do overpack, but even taking the bare minium for a course I was taking, which required a 2" binder this bag couldn't carry that and my laptop and my book. It was too much in the bag.
on March 3, 2014
After years of lugging around laptop cases with bursitis-inducing shoulder straps or tugging rollers through endless airports, I gave in and bought a laptop backpack to even the weight. I intentionally wanted a minimalist pack for an overly heavy work ThinkPad (T430), power, a few electronics, a self-inflating travel pillow, a book, and some health supplements for travel. To my surprise, I was also able to fit in a mini-Swiss Army case containing a mirror-less camera (Fuji EX-1), zoom included, with room to spare.

Make no mistake. The M14x is not going to expand to double capacity. If you're a pack-rat, forget it. The upside? I was able to easily squeeze down aisles and slip through busy airports without banging into people left and right. I was also able to bring the pack onto one of those smaller connector flights and put it in the tiny overhead, the type of flight that forces most people to check-in their carry-on luggage and wait outside the plane after landing.

I had no issues with TSA security at multiple US airports. They love the thing. Just zip it open and lay it down on the conveyor. I also found the cell phone holder handy for getting the device off my body for security. I'm sold on this one feature alone.

Straps and mesh backing are super comfortable, exceeding expectations. I wore it for hours on a long transit to India and back. No back or shoulder issues whatsoever (and I have numerous past injuries). I could almost hear my body sighing with relief the first time I put on the pack loaded. I am a medium build and the pack snugs in perfectly to the curve of my back and stays put.

My wife thinks the Alienware alien logo is cute. I tried to explain to her that it's cool and edgy. She insists that it's cute. So maybe a wash on that one if you're over 14.

Operating the zippers under the flap portion is a bit of an art, but not worth deducting a star. You have to hold the zipper tab on its side, slide it along, and it won't stick at all. So just a bit of finger training there.

The price is great. There are certainly ergonomic laptop backpacks with similar features for far more money, most of them ugly, bloated beasts. This is a handsome little pack that's properly designed and does the job perfectly.
on October 22, 2011
This is the best back pack I have bought. So easy when you go through security at the airport. Don't have to pull my laptop out any more so it saves so much more time. Love the different compartments in it also.
on December 25, 2013
I like the space and the compartments on it. The only thing i didn't like is the zip protector in the middle section that makes the zip get stuck every time opening or closing the bag. The backpack its made by a common material, saved by the front that has a hard part. Anyway, it was what i expected, and it will work for what i need, traveling and working,
on June 10, 2012
If you have an M14x from Alienwear, R or R2 (released end of April this year, 2012) you need this backpack. Regardless of some saying its too small for them, its perfect for your gaming setup. It holds the laptop VERY well and has enough padding that it's neither too bulky or too loose. It just feels right, its very well made, and the zippers are much better than most backpacks I've seen for laptops.

Again, if you invested money in an M14x Rx, buy this bag and you will be happy. I'm 6'3" and it fits me very well, and is quite comfortable!
on September 18, 2013
This backpack is a joy to have! I can carry literally everything that I need for my college experience, USBs, laptop & charger, binder, and books! It is also very comfortable on the back and it has a nice, neat, pocket on the left strap to fit a college id or debit/credit card just in case you don't want to fumble through your wallet. If you usually carry a lot around with you. I recommend this backpack easily.
on April 8, 2013
im still using this backpack for my school year, honestly the little stuff falls apart which is kinda dissapointing but as a whole its still functional, and has a cool laptop holder area. but i thought this alienware product would be more durable
on December 8, 2011
Good design, durable, and more space than I thought it would have. Perfect for life on the go!

I find it very comfy. it does not hang low on your back.

I have an alien ware m11X. it fits it, with the charger, mouse, 2 A4 books that are 2 inch wide and a sweater with some space to spare.

Highly recommend it!
on December 9, 2011
Ideal weight, perfect size for a 14'' laptop. Using it with m14x laptop, they are like separated at birth. Lots of compartments. Worth every cent. Would recommend it to any 14'' laptop owner.