From the Authors: 10 Mobile Facts Every Marketer Must Know
|Co-Author Jeanne Hopkins |
1. There are 4.0 billion mobile phone owners on the planet. (from 60 Second Marketer
2. Brands using SMS and MMS can reach nearly 95% of mobile phone subscribers on both smartphones and non-smartphones alike. (from Mobile Marketer
3. 90% of text messages are read within 3 minutes of being delivered. (from Luxury Dialy
4. 79% of smartphone users use their phone to help with shopping, with 74% ultimately making a purchase as a result. (from Search Engine Land
5. Mobile coupons receive 10 times higher redemption rates than print coupons. (from Mobile Commerce Daily
6. Mobile ads perform 4 to 5 times better than online ads in key metrics such as brand favorability, awareness, and purchase intent. (from InsightExpress
|Co-Author Jamie Turner |
7. 70% of mobile searches lead to action within one hour. It takes one month for the same percentage of desktop users to take action. (from Mobile Marketer
8. 16.7 million mobile subscribers, including 76% of the smartphone owners, used location-based check-in. (from comScore
9. Android accounted for the largest share of location-based services users, with about 37% checking-in, while 34% of users checked in from an iPhone. (from comScore
10. Additional marketing-based activities are even more popular, including receiving special offers by text message (54%) or scanning a QR code (58%). (from marketingcharts.com
From the Back Cover
Get your business to Go Mobile
According to the Mobile Marketing Association, more people in the world own a mobile device than own a toothbrush. Morgan Stanley reports that the adoption of the iPhone happened at a rate 11 times faster than the adoption of AOL. And after 2013, the number one way people will access the Internet is via their smartphones.
Given all that, it's not surprising that corporations around the globe are embracing mobile marketing as a new and revolutionary tool that can help them connect with customers. Go Mobile will prepare you to set up, launch, and run a mobile marketing campaign that generates a positive ROI. Learn how to use QR codes, SMS, mobile apps, mobile websites, and other tools to help you get more customers, generate more referrals,and grow your revenues faster than ever before.
"A thorough introduction to the next frontier for permission marketing: mobile."
—Seth Godin, author of We Are All Weird and Permission Marketing
"Mobile marketing is a huge challenge for companies to consider. Learn all you can through books like this, and through diving in yourself."
—Chris Brogan, President of Human Business Works andcoauthor of Trust Agents
"Go Mobile is your must-read road map to the widely traveled road of mobile users. If you want to excel past a basic understanding of mobile marketing and truly connect with on-the-go consumers, study this book!"
—Michael Stelzner, founder of Social Media Examiner and author of Launch