'If there is one book you read on mobile marketing, then I would recommend this one, Mobile Marketing: An Hour a Day. The book covers everything you need to know about mobile marketing. It starts off explaining the opportunity mobile presents and the current market. The following chapters then provide you with an in depth, yet accessible guide to creating a mobile strategy for your business.' (Sandeep Vadgama, Fourth Source, March 18, 2013)
'...employs an easy to follow format to explain the spectrum of mobile marketing technologies and tactics.' (The Business, February 2013)
From the Back Cover
Successfully Build Your Business and Brand with Mobile
A Step-by-Step Guide
Develop a smart mobile marketing strategy, and real-time customers will find you in a flash. This step-by-step guide is packed with proven techniques and strategies to help you design and optimize mobile websites, produce spot-on advertising, create cool smartphone apps, decipher the analytics, and leverage a rich mix of social, local, and mobile (SoLoMo) to increase profits.
You'll also get a glimpse at what's just around the cornerthings like mobile payments, augmented reality, and near-field communications. This practical guide demystifies a complex subject and breaks it down into achievable, day-by-day tasks to help you thrive in the mobile space.
- Successfully navigate the constantly evolving mobile landscape
- Build a solid mobile strategy for your brand or company
- Learn where, when, how, and why to use SMS/MMS
- Establish solid KPIs and set up reporting and analytics
- Design mobile websites with UIs that work on smartphones and tablets
- Keep customers coming back with engaging mobile apps
- Plan for all the major platforms, including iOS and Android
- Advertise with mobile and local ads that work
- Leverage the SoLoMo nexus
- Get into m-commerce and explore payment options
- Jump into ambient mediaQR codes, augmented reality, and more
You'll also find:
- Real-world case studies that illustrate successes to learn from
- Tactical advice to help you get to market fast and avoid pitfalls
- Top tools, technologies, and vendors
- Fascinating interviews with industry thought-leaders
Praise for Mobile Marketing: An Hour a Day
"Nothing gets you closer to your consumer than mobile. And nothing gets to closer to mobile marketing perfection than Mobile Marketing: An Hour a Day."
Greg Stuart, CEO, Mobile Marketing Association and Co-Author of What Sticks
"Elkin and Pasqua expertly detail the mobile landscape, tactics, and tools available to today's mobile marketer. This is a must-read." Sara Holoubek, CEO, Luminary Labs
"This book is filled with clear, well thought-out strategic guidance on all things mobile, with expert perspectives to help customize the strategy on an individual business (and budget) level."
Joy Liuzzo, President, Wave Collapse
"This is now my go-to book for mobile. Not only does it have the brain trust going for it, but it also has the data to back it up."
Rob Garner, VP Strategy, iCrossing and author of Search and Social: The Definitive Guide to Real-Time Content Marketing