- Publisher: Stanford Captology Media (2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0979502527
- ISBN-13: 978-0979502521
- Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.2 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #602,405 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Mobile Persuasion: 20 Perspectives on the Future of Behavior Change Paperback – 2007
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, read author blogs, and more.
Top Customer Reviews
The book consists of 20 perspectives offered by speakers at 2007 Mobile Persuasion, a conference hosted by Fogg's Persuasive Technology Lab. The chapters may not all describe applications and techniques that strike the reader as "persuasive" or even that useful, but consider that it is just the early crop. I was convinced that, equipped with ever-improving services, the ubiquitous gadget will most definitely be an instrument of change.
* Using Technology to Promote Sexual Health - Delivering critical sexuality information to teens on-demand by text message.
* MyFoodPhone: The Start of a Mobile Health Revolution - A photographic diet logger and coach.
* Persuasive Games on Mobile Devices - Multiplayer games that change thinking.
* Simply Persuasive: Using Mobile Technology to Boost Physical Activity - Cheaper than a personal trainer.
* Managing Chronic Disease through Mobile Persuasion - Virtual assistant for diabetes patients
* Augmented Reality: Using Mobile Visualization to Persuade - Plant identification provides an example.
* Transforming the Mobile Phone into a Personal Performance Coach - Tracking conversations to improve effectiveness at the office.
* Personal Health Assistant in the Palm of Your Hand - How to combine virtual and live assistance for a compelling service.Read more ›
Covering topics as diverse as augmented reality, mobile marketing, health, and social living improvements and the persuasive methods and effects therein - the reader will find a view into the future in his or her area of interest, and undoubtedly be exposed to a world of new concepts.
From a contributors perspective, the Stanford Captology folks were able to take this very fresh research and turn it into a book in about two months time - unheard of from a publishing standpoint. This means that the reader will find content that is happening today, not aged or suffering from the typical 18 month long publishing delays.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I ordered this book in July, 2007. This's an amazing book! Today, I got an email from the author asking if I got the book. Read morePublished on March 28, 2008 by Chia-ying Lee
This book gives insight into the swiftly growing world of persuasive technology in the form of the mobile phone. Read morePublished on July 17, 2007 by D. Sittler