From the Back Cover
A developer’s approach to developing innovative mobile and wireless solutions
Mobile and Wireless Design Essentials is the first and only book that provides a detailed analysis of the complete range of current mobile and wireless technologies from a software developer’s perspective. It examines such topics as wireless Internet, smart client and messaging mobile computing models, wireless security, and voice application development. Also explored is the full spectrum of wireless networks including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and 3G. You’ll find easy-to-understand guidelines and pointers on how to implement a mobile and wireless application to extend your enterprise systems and meet your company’s needs.
This book presents key information on:
- How to build smart client applications using mobile database and synchronization technologies
- The complete spectrum of messaging technologies, including email, SMS, MMS, WAP Push, and application-to-application messaging
- Wireless Internet architectures and related markup languages, including HDML, WML, cHTML, XHTML, and VoiceXML
- Technologies that complement enterprise mobile solutions, including PIM and location-based services
- Resources and Web sites to consult for industry specifications, downloadable software, and mobile and wireless updates–in dozens of clear, easily referenced tables
About the Author
MARTYN MALLICK is Senior Software Engineer in Product Management and Wireless Solutions Evangelist for iAnywhere Solutions, a subsidiary of Sybase Inc. He works with enterprise corporations implementing enterprise mobile solutions, conducts training seminars worldwide on mobile and wireless technology design, development, and deployment, and is a regular guest speaker at major conferences.