5.0 out of 5 stars Great little inconspicuous camera.
Customer Video Review     Length:: 7:13 Mins
Great little camera. No view finder or window to look through. Please see my video for details. I have a habit of saying USB instead of SD when I'm referring to the card, so forgive me.
Published 14 months ago by Vegas Gar

2.0 out of 5 stars The battery does not last long.
I would like to use or view the video as soon as possible. The Mobius Action Camera is not what it set out to be. Instruction is not clear to understand because the camera will stop without any warning.
Published 7 months ago by Curtis Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little inconspicuous camera., October 22, 2013
This review is from: Mobius Action Camera 1080P HD Mini Sports Cam (Electronics)
Length:: 7:13 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars A good camera at a decent price, July 17, 2013
David P (New York City) - See all my reviews
This camera is the successor to the 808 series of cameras, but is the first one to feature 1080p at 30fps. Although there are many other cameras that can operate at 1080p, this camera literally costs 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the other expensive ones out there. I took this camera out for a spin (as a dashboard camera for my car) the day I got it and I have to say that the crispness of the video along with the relative ease of setup pretty much makes this a winner in my book. As another reviewer may have mentioned, the reviewer at techmoan.com gives a pretty thorough commentary about the insides and outs of the Mobius. The camera also has easy to use and downloadable software to change many of the camera settings, a feature that is noticeably missing in other cheap cameras. Also, the manufacturer distributes updates to the firmware pretty frequently and they do listen to the customer requests on the forums at rcgroups.com.

The only gripe that I have about the Mobius camera is that it gets extremely hot after recording video for several minutes. Although there are two exposed heat sinks on the top of the camera, it becomes very hot to the touch. Thus I turn the camera off to cool it down every now and then to avoid my fear of melting the internals.

The Mobius was first widely available from resellers in Hong Kong on the Ebay website. As anyone who has ordered anything from overseas knows, the package takes 3 to 4 weeks to arrive which to me is a really long time. Fortunately, I was able to find a reseller in NYC which is where I live (the reseller is called Spytec). So instead of waiting a month for the camera, I was able to order it online and pick it up at their store, literally a few hours after placing the order. The guy I spoke to (I believe his name was Hector) was very friendly and knowledgeable about the Mobius and a wide range of other cameras. That was a big plus.

I would expect this camera to sell well once more people realize that this is a solid product. But for now, I am quite satisfied with how this little camera can produce such gorgeous video clips.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mobius 1080p Micro Action Cam, July 17, 2013
Personally I LOVE this cam. I was interested in getting GoPro for my RC filming. I race RC Formula One and RC motorcycles. As most will use this camera for flying videos, my intention was to use it on the ground. As the GoPro is way too large for my application, I settled on this cam after reading some other reviews and watching many of the online videos. This camera, when insulated from vibrations well, has less of the "jello" effect than similar available keychain cams... the lens is clear, and the video clarity is superb for the price. the weight is perfect as it's a little heavier than the other cams which helps isolate it from vibrations, but it's lighter than the more expensive "pro" action cams, which allows me to use it in the applications I need it for... Since I race RC motorcycles, I can't have an on-board cam that will affect the delicate balance of the bike at speed, and this one fits the bill nicely. The Windows GUI for programming the basic features of the cam is simple to use, and it's easy to upgrade the firmware in the camera (as the manufacturer is continuously adding features and tweaking the interface). The only negative I have found is that the two surface-mounted heat sinks on the camera get really hot, so using the cam in an underwater case might create too much heat buildup and be a detriment to the camera and the camera's battery system. I hope other lenses will be made available so that we can have filming options, but as for now, you can't get a better 1080P action cam that can be used as an FPV (first-person video)cam,or webcam as well for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie quality, but.... well, read the review., September 3, 2013
UPDATE: Added photos (see end of review).
UPDATE: Added 1 Star. Product was updated to support other formats!

Good, but not great

+ Excellent 1080p video quality (True Full HD).
+ Great low light video quality (night).
+ Crystal clear sound recording.
+ Tons of options (customization).
+ Could be used as webcam.
+ Direct to the point. Very subtle and not distracting at all.
+ Wide angle view.
+ WDR mode. This is responsible for the great picture color.
+ Excellent seller (SpyTec), the only seller as of this writing.
+ Price is reasonable (versus eBay, no Prime, and will come from Hong Kong).

× No image stabilization. It's cool if you like to record every bump on the road.
× 720p mode is virtually useless.
× Cannot compensate to direct sunlight. Again, cool if you like the blinding sun.
× No instructions. Confusing if you're stupid.
× Non-replaceable battery (but it is user serviceable).
× Comes with only the basic accessories, which makes it ---
× --- A bit expensive for its class.

What's included (basic package from Amazon):
✓ 1080p Camera
✓ Lens cap (cover) - very useful
✓ Mounting base
✓ Tripod socket, for the mounting base (removable)
✓ Velcro pair
✓ Tiny Allen wrench - for adjusting the lens focus
✓ Mini USB cable - charging and data transfer

Quick Notes:
± Heat sink gets really hot when in, and after use.
± A 5-minute 1080p video with sound generates around 560 MB.
± To use as webcam, remove the microSD. Or push a button (which you have to figure out).
± I wish the windshield mount was included. You have to put it high. I put it under my rear-view camera.

In-depth YouTube review from another guy, which I found helpful:
watch?v=7wmIyD1fM4M

In-Depth technical information resource for advanced users.
Has all the pics you will need about the product:
- www . rcgroups . com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559

--------------------------------------------------------------

Verdict: I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT. Quality wise, this is excellent.

Update → → → → → →
PHOTOS:

Amazon Gallery:

Individual Photos (Amazon):

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Mini 1080p Cam, February 6, 2014
I was looking for a small action camera I could use to mount on my RC quadcopters that could provide good quality HD video. I've used a few other models, but was left disappointed. I purchased this camera after watching several reviews by Techmoan and a few others on Youtube, which praised this little technological wonder. The camera comes equipped with several different mounts and cables. When I first used the camera, I was amazed with the video quality at 1080p (30fps). The entire image was well detailed and most importantly, the camera does a great job at coping with light and dark scenes. I also tried the camera in my car as a dashcam and was equally pleased at the results. I decided to permanently mount it in my car and will purchase another Mobius for my other vehicle.
There is a utility you can download which lets you update the firmware and change every conceivable setting on the camera. In the 6 months I've owned the camera, there have been as many firmware updates, which shows continued development for this camera. They have recently added motion sensing and time-lapse through FW updates.
This is a great little camera - I highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Camera, December 30, 2013
We have had two of these cameras for a few months now. We're using them as dash cams so they get a daily workout of at least 45 minutes. To date they have both worked flawlessly. We've also attached one to our bikes (using the Mobius mount - B00DW8CBEK and are happy with the results as well.

Periodically I check the recordings by pulling the micro SD card and attaching it to my computer. The HD daytime quality is very, very good; very clear. The nighttime quality isn't as good as it's mostly dependent on the lighting of our headlights. If something is directly in front of our vehicles license plates are easily read. Plates on vehicles to either side are more difficult to see.

The HD videos are easy to download and watch and again, very good and very clear in the daytime and acceptable at night.

For the very small size this camera is remarkable IMHO.

The only downside so far (and why I gave it four stars) is as others have mentioned, they run hot. The two silver "heat sinks" are quite hot to the touch after a few minutes of the camera being on. Heat can be the enemy of electronics. I hope that the internal heat is being dissipated enough to keep this camera working for a long, long time but it is a concern. Otherwise I'm very happy with it to date.

I will post again if any issues arise, but so far, recommended!

UPDATE - July 2014. We've had two of these as dash cams for over six months now and they are both still working very well. I continue to check the images periodically and they are as clear and good as on day one. The heat sinks still get very hot...too hot to touch after driving for an hour or so on a summer day. That still worries me, but so far I'm very pleased with the overall quality of this little gem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, terrible customer support, March 8, 2014
Maxx Traxx (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
The item arrived in a plain padded manilla envelope with no receipt, no shipping invoice, no user manual, nor any basic usage instructions whatsoever. Not even a note to say where to get this information. Fortunately there is Google and I found the manufacturer's website; which is pretty awful. There is a reason this camera is cheaper than the GoPro.

That said, once I was able to use it, it does shoot very good quality video and am pleased w/ the results. But getting there was no walk in the park.

4.0 out of 5 stars it works great, good quality, only battery life is little short, October 31, 2013
I mounted the camera on top of my motorcycle's helmet.
It gives me a very clear video. Also it's very small and light.
The video quality is almost as good as GoPro (GoPro is about 10% better)
At Night, it also has a average quality picture. I like it.
The Only Problem is battery life is short. Fully charged battery can last for about 1:30 hours (1080p with sound)
I use 32GB class 10 memory card, and it works fine. Never has any problem with the card.
I don't know about Overheat problem since I mount it outside, on top my helmet, so it can't get hot.
I give it 4 stars because the battery life is 1.5 hours. Other than that, it's perfect.
I have used it for 3 weeks (1.5hours/day) (4days/week)

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive! Perfect for R/C Aircraft, October 17, 2013
SuperGlide (Salt Lake City) - See all my reviews
Whether you use this in 1080p or 720p, both are equally vibrant and crystal clear. I put this on my R/C airplane and doing loops, rolls, nose dives, absolutely no lines, no distortion. The sound is equally amazing as I hear the wind "woosh" doing loops and rolls, it's just like being in the pilots seat. I also purchased a separate mount for my motorcycle. When it arrives, you get a camera, a bracket and an allen wrench but no instructions. No problem! You download the program from the internet and it's super-duper easy to use and program your camera the way you want. You can mount your camera upside down and program it so it records right-side up and vice-versa. This is top-notch quality here, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Car Dash Camera, September 16, 2014
Brian J. Marler (Tullahoma, TN USA) - See all my reviews
I just bought the Mobius camera and spent the past few hours getting it set up and installed in my car. Here is what I learned that may help you.

This is a GREAT little car dash camera for around $100.00. There are a few things for potential buyers to keep in mind.

1. Download the manual from the Internet.
2. Download the Quick Setup manual from the Internet.
3. Download the pc Setup software from the Internet.
4. Spend about 30 min reading all of that before you try to do anything.
5. If you purchased a 32 GB or 64 GB sd card, you will need to download a software program that will let your pc reformat the sd card from exFat to Fat32 or the camera may not work.
6. Use the pc Setup software to update the firmware on the camera to the latest version. (Note the sd card HAS to be Fat32 to do this.)
7. Spend about another hour playing with all the camera settings by using the pc Setup software. (For example decide if you want the Mobius to automatically start recording when you plug it into the cars lighter socket or when it receives power. Decide if you want it to "loop" recording when the sd card is full. Decide what movie format type you want it to record as, etc.)
8. Mount the camera in your car. (If you use the typical suction cup mount, you will need to set the camera to "rotating the recording 180 degrees."
9. Go for a short drive while recording. When you get back home, either eject the sd card or take the Mobius out of it's clamp and look at the files on your pc to see if you have the camera pointed in the proper angle and direction. Make any needed adjustments. Wash, rinse, repeat until you are happy.