5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent And Gorgeous Adaptation of Moby Dick
Published 10 months ago by Elvin Ortiz

2.0 out of 5 stars Inaddequite.
This abridged version of Moby Dick and the other two Campfire graphic books we got were unsatisfying reads - frustrating for me and uninteresting to my son. Read the originals to your kids or wait till they can read them for themselves. Also consider original graphic novels a la "Bone".
Published 21 months ago by LotteryDiscounts

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent And Gorgeous Adaptation of Moby Dick, June 4, 2013
This review is from: Moby Dick: The Graphic Novel (Campfire Graphic Novels) (Paperback)
Author Lance Stahlberg and illustrator Lalit Kumar Singh do a stupendous job at tackling one of the longest novels in American literature in graphic format. Stahlberg is faithful to Melville in plot and characterization. While I read it, I felt that I was part of the movie. Captain Ahab's vibrant and dynamic albeit twisted personality was not lost in this adaptation. And Lilat's artwork was simply gorgeous and outstanding. If students are reluctant to tackle the original version of Moby Dick (and I can't blame them for that), this is it. Stahlberg's language is dynamic and exciting so that it is impossible to stop reading it. You can still discuss the literary elements and themes with this graphic text. The book has a couple of informative pages about the sperm whale, the existence of the true Moby Dick, and whalers of the nineteenth century. The book certainly deserves its place in the classroom. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to classic literature, February 15, 2012
My son chose this book from a book fair at school. He loves the graphic novel format, and this one does not disappoint. The illustrations are captivating and the story reads well. My son is only 5, but after reading this with me, he's begging for more books from this series. Not only did I appreciate being able to re-read a shorter version of a classic piece of literature, but my son was also introduced to a great story.

5.0 out of 5 stars great edition, March 25, 2014
My 5 year old is obsessed with this book. He brings it to playdates to spread the Moby Dick love. Engaging drawings, and true to the original story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for my 9 year old., February 9, 2014
It was difficult nudging him to read when all the pop culture s*** is out there, but he enjoyed it. I got the Patrick Stewart movie along with it we have yet to watch. The art is great and the quality seems on par with other laminated graphic novels. Keep these stories alive and push them on your kids, or yourself for that matter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great art work!, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Moby Dick (Classics) (Paperback)
My grandson couldn't put it down!! He is fascinated by the story of Moby Dick and preferred it over his video games at Christmas!! I think it us a great gate way into literature!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect book for my son, March 25, 2013
This book is perfect for my son who has aspberger syndrome. It brings the story to life more than a regular book.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH IT JUST FOR THE ILLUSTRATIONS, June 13, 2012
Lucinda (Knoxville, TN) - See all my reviews
Getting young readers up to speed on the classics is difficult so this is an easy choice to encourage reading. I provided 5 different stories for my grandsons and asked that they be returned to me when finished as the illustrations are lovely and I want to enjoy them too. The comic book classics are a great vehicle to quickly promote conversations about literature and possibly plant a seed for young people to enjoy the classics when they are more mature.

2.0 out of 5 stars Inaddequite., July 20, 2012

ARRAY(0xd9a01d18)

Moby Dick: The Graphic Novel (Campfire Graphic Novels)
Moby Dick: The Graphic Novel (Campfire Graphic Novels) by Lance Stahlberg (Paperback - July 27, 2010)
$11.99 $9.34