31,638 Reviews
 (5,851)
 (2,479)
 (1,139)

953 of 1,035 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars And you thought the Capitol couldn't get any more twisted...
If you thought the Capitol couldn't get any more twisted... you were wrong.

The highly-anticipated sequel to The Hunger Games is the kind of novel that has you pulling back to take a breath and go, "How did the author think of this?" (if you can stop turning the pages long enough to breathe)

Catching Fire picks up right where Hunger Games left off...
Published on July 7, 2009 by Season Balik

914 of 1,058 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Torn about this book...
SPOILERS***************SPOILERS*****************SPOILERS
L
E
R
S
Okay, on the one hand, I liked this book. Liked it enough that I couldn't stop reading because I NEEDED to know what happened--specifically to Peeta. I also liked what happened in the end...but...well...
Published on August 30, 2010 by bklvr

‹ Previous | 1343 344 3453164 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great end, April 13, 2014
This review is from: Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games) (Kindle Edition)
It Was not my favorite one of the saga but I did like the twisted end about Coin and Snow, it Was unexpected!

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, April 13, 2014
Read the entire book in one day. It had some surprises and the pace was good. At times felt irritated with Katniss but so did the other characters. I would recommend this book to 6th thru adult. It has lots of action, moral dilemma, and is not overly sexual. A very good read.

3.0 out of 5 stars An escapist read, April 13, 2014
Good read when you want to loose yourself in a world of fantasy and you don't want to have work to hard to do so. A satisfying end to the series.

2.0 out of 5 stars What's all the hype?, April 13, 2014
Too much teenage (female) angst for this old curmudgeon. Movie much improved over Hunger Games. Don't waste time reading. Just see the movies

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, April 13, 2014
This is a good book, it ends the series very well and I would recommend this book and series to anyone who likes a little adventure in their reading

5.0 out of 5 stars hunger games review!!!, April 13, 2014
love books that don't leave me hanging....kept me reading when i should have been doing other things....read all three together....was great series!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars For Whole Series -- Be Careful What You Wish For., April 13, 2014
Joyce M. Aubrey (Nokomis, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Excellent book. I really enjoyed the whole series. Suzanne Collins did an excellent job an describing man's inhumanity to man. I am a history buff and I was able to substitute Panam to many countries around the world. Sometimes what you may have is bad but the change could be even worse.

5.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts, April 13, 2014
Such a good book! I seriously couldn't put it down. It's a must reed :) I started reeding the book because the movie was so good and I wanted to know what happens at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ending to the hunger series, April 13, 2014
I work in the local high school. We read the hunger series this year my students loved each book. The mocking jay had everything love story war suspense everything you could want. After each book we watched the movie that went with that book. My students can't wait to see the mocking jay If you want a book that can be enjoyed by everyone from about 10 years of age on up then you need to read the hunger games series

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, April 13, 2014
I enjoyed reading the series. I think that the author has portrayed this overwrought teenager well. Her selfish thoughts and her thinking of what she suffered was true to life for a teen. It would have been better if more had been explained about the lives of others and the feelings of Peeta as he recovered.

‹ Previous | 1343 344 3453164 | Next ›