17,193 Reviews
 (10,363)
 (3,249)
 (1,837)

3,146 of 3,474 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected Direction, but Perfection (Potential spoilers, but pretty vague)
This was a brilliant conclusion to the trilogy. I can only compare it to "Ender's Game" - and that is extremely high praise, indeed.

When I first closed the book last night, I felt shattered, empty, and drained.

And that was the point, I think. I'm glad I waited to review the book because I'm not sure what my review would have been.

For...
Published on August 24, 2010 by A. R. Bovey

933 of 1,079 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Torn about this book...
SPOILERS***************SPOILERS*****************SPOILERS
L
E
R
S
Okay, on the one hand, I liked this book. Liked it enough that I couldn't stop reading because I NEEDED to know what happened--specifically to Peeta. I also liked what happened in the end...but...well...
Published on August 30, 2010 by bklvr

‹ Previous | 1375 376 3771720 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I WANT MORE!!!, January 28, 2014
Definitely a page turner. Some parts I had to read over twice, definitely a shocker compared to the other 2 books!! I want more! :( .... Can't wait until the movie comes out!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Twists, January 28, 2014
This book was different than the first two. While characters remained the same, the book contained surprising twists. The negative is- it's the last book in this trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars not as expected, January 28, 2014
After seeing the first two movies and then reading this I had a picture of Jennifer Lawrence all the way through the book in my head. She was an awesome choice for the roll.
I likes the way the book follows Katniss and doesn't jump between characters. I liked the way it concluded the series.
I didn't like The trial and no real verdict on who was at fault. It would have been better for me to have had Katniss vindicated for her actions.
The whole war format was an unexpected plot/story with the way it was written, but it was extremely followable and felt like I was there.
I think the very end was spot on. I loved the movies and the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mocking Jay, January 27, 2014
I chose to read this book
Because I read the other two. I really liked this book especially the part were it tells about how peeta is better and katniss and him have kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME BOOK THAT DESERVES A READ!!!, January 27, 2014
I didn't read the first two books but saw the movies. I was so intrigued by the ending of catching fire that I could not wait for the next movies. Let me tell you, the book is way better than the movies...as it always is! Great read, kept my attention throughout even though its a bit of a love story. Action packed...could not put it down!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, January 27, 2014
This was a great ending to a great series. It ended how i wanted it too and yet there were many surprises and people lost that i didn't want, which makes it all the better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hunger games, January 27, 2014
A great read I hated that prim got killed but the ending made the first book cone together
A great series that should be read many subplots that makes one think

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, January 27, 2014
Really good katniss was a little hopeless in this book not as strong and cutting. I cried laughed and thought of what I was reading I wish they make a movie about peeta and there kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, January 27, 2014
This book series took my breath away. Although it was sad, it was interesting all through and would keep even the most distracted readers attention.

4.0 out of 5 stars good ending, January 27, 2014
The third book on the series is less focused on love and more focused on war. It's harsher and more action than character driven, and the characters change in ways that sometimes make them hard to connect to, but I think that's the way it supposed to be. Over all, a good offering to finish the story -quite gripping if nothing else.

‹ Previous | 1375 376 3771720 | Next ›

Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)
Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins (Hardcover - August 24, 2010)
$18.99 $11.85