Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

100%

on April 18, 2004
If you are looking to purchase model railroad equipment, this is a good resource. The content concentrates on performance reviews of rolling stock and accessories. Many of the articles are in the bylined "column" format, that is they are recurring features in the magazine. They cover all gauges. This is not a scenery building, layout design magazine, but if you'd like to know about, for example, the latest DCC equipment and how well it works (or doesn't), this is the magazine for you. I find every issue has something for everyone, whether a beginner or old hand. I am a subscriber.
0Comment28 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2012
November 2012's Model Railroad News includes a cover story review of Athearn's HO-scale Genesis series DDA40X diesel locomotive, a Guide to Road-Crossing Electronics, Digitrax DCC and DCC-Sound for Kato's N-scale Commuter F40PH diesel, Marklin's HO-scale KCS Southern Belle F7 diesel set, Con-Cor's HO-scale Rio Grande Heavyweight Passenger Cars, Pilot Upgrade Project for Athearn Genesis HO-scale SD70ACe diesel, Walthers Proto 1000 Alco RS2 Santa Fe, Broadway Limited HO-scale SW7 in Chicago & Eastern Illinois, Tangent's HO-scale PS-2 4750 Covered Hopper, Woodland Scenics N- and HO-scale Tide Track Roto Wheel Cleaner, Short Hill & Western's N- and HO-scale Moffat Tunnel West Portal kits, Piko Large-scale Western Town Series 3-Story Building Kits, Grenadier's new "Rock Island in Minnesota" book, White River Productions' "Amtrak By The Numbers" book, Morning Sun Books' "Frisco in Color: Volume 2" by Greg Stout, Diesel Era's "Union Pacific's Big EMDs DD35 & DDA40X book, plus PBL's "The Art of Soldering" DVD. Plus the latest hobby news.
review image review image
on April 24, 2012
Yes it is in business! My May 2013 issue is in my hands. Apparently White River Productions took over from LampLighter Pub. and has continued publishing. I had my April issue as well as my previous issues. My subscription has even been extended to cover what minor delays were experienced. Check out the web site at [...] to see for yourself. Frankly, I'm glad it has survived - it is my top source of model railroad news, and I prefer it over Model Railroader and Model Railroad Craftsman.
on March 12, 2013
I AM SO GLAD THEY ARE BACK. JUST BY LUCK I CAME THRU ONE OF THEIR NEW ISSUES. MAYBE THEY SHOULD ADVERTISE MORE, A BUNCH OF THIS MAGAZAINE LOVERS WOULD GET IT AGAIN.
on April 7, 2013
I found this to be a very good model railroading magazine. I'm not sure if they are still publishing. It had good how-to articles and pictures.
on January 6, 2012
I received a full refund. I requested it because the magazine has ceased publication. It was a nice magazine while it lasted.
on December 28, 2014