- Paperback: 260 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (July 28, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1463750358
- ISBN-13: 978-1463750350
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.6 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (318 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,191 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Models: Attract Women Through Honesty Paperback – July 28, 2011
"121 First Dates" by Wendy Newman
How to Succeed at Online Dating, Fall in Love, and Live Happily Ever After (Really!) | Check out "121 First Dates".
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
He regularly writes and updates his blog: MarkManson.net
Top Customer Reviews
Firstly about the Author:
The book was written by Mark Manson. From what I gather, he's a traveler and has helped men around the globe with psychological, sexual and 'connection' issues with women. He owns and runs the website [...] and has a few products there.
The underlying theme I personally felt was about "investing in yourself" and being 'honest'. Having read a few PUA books, I felt this was its strong point. The book goes through a few parts, I may need to put a disclaimer here but this is how I felt about the book:
1. You are first introduced to the author and go through a few stories. One did hit the nail on the head with me. Mark then goes through different types of men and women.
2. You are then introduced to the theme of 'investing in yourself' - by investing in yourself, you reduce your 'neediness' and hence in turn become more 'attractive'. The principle is by actually having a voice, being who you want to be - you will actually find women who you want to be around, and more importantly you will most likely stand out around the crowd.
3. Mark then goes through his 3 key principles to achieve this: Honest Living, Honest Action and Honest Communication. By living who YOU want to be, by doing things that express who YOU are and by communicating YOUR honest thoughts - you will in turn become 'attractive'.
The parts that resonated with me:
1. Don't fear rejection
2. The more people you meet in life (through rejection) can only lead to meeting more people that you want to actually be with.
3. 'Demographics' - go to places where you will most likely find people you want to be with.Read more ›
But this book is something totally different that what I've seen coming across for a while.
I'd describe the book as: very good for an understanding of the basics of how attraction works, very mature, evolved and shedding a crystal clear light upon how dating and pickup advice affects men today. For example Mark clears up the issues around certain pickup advice being useless since a lot of it disregards differences in demographics, people, lifestyles, values etc (even though he sometimes uses extreme examples to get his point across, I still understand the essence of what he tries to convey). It will keep a lot of men from getting frustrated as a lot of beginners tend to implement pick up stuff on the wrong people in the wrong places with the wrong intentions and with wrong ways of measuring succes or growth and thus end up with more frustration than ever.
This book then continues by showing a quality roadmap to improve your lifestyle, you anxiety or social disconnectedness and then your communication skills. Mark gives theory and then practical guidelines It all comes together really good and is very coherent. His casual writing style makes the book very accessible for you to read.Read more ›
To explain what I mean further, men love women and that is no secret. Not all men love leading an attractive lifestyle though. Not all men enjoy physical exercise, reading, eating right, becoming emotionally aware, or many of the other things this "guide to attracting women" teaches you you must do in order to be an attractive man. A lot of guys want easy solutions. This book explains that there are no easy solutions. I'd like to personally thank the author for laying that fact down for everyone. I hope any guys that reads this review takes one thing away from it, that there are no easy solutions and hard work is fundamental in success with your love life. This book will help you focus that hard work in ways that equal success.
A lot of books these days will sell you a shortcut method. The only shortcuts that might work don't work for very long. If you want to be an attractive man you have to work hard on yourself and get rid of a shortcut mentality completely. Women can tell when you throw a band aid over a shotgun wound that you are bleeding all over the place and that is all a lot of the information out there today is.
Another great thing about this book is it's (sadly) novel advice about vulnerability, connection, and emotional awareness. This book does a better job than any of the other men's dating advice I've read in the past 2 years explaining the rolls these things have in our growth and development as men and how working on this area of yourself will improve your love life drastically.
I really enjoyed the section on "How to be Fascinating" as well as the one on "Demographics".Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
NOTE: I purchased this title as an Audible recording, which was exceptionally low quality. The recording was done by Manson himself, and the audio quality is so sad that you can at... Read morePublished 5 hours ago by Ryan Mease
If I would want to do a favor to all men there, I would do it by recommending this book.Published 3 days ago by Abi
Great book, helpful for men in relations as well as those looking.Published 12 days ago by Jeremy Yundt
It's an interesting book that is straight forward and different from a lot of other books about "gaming." I liked it a lot. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Normal Guy
This book was very grounding and in line with my innermost perspective on life and relationships. It was assurance for me to not take any shortcuts because in the end I'm only... Read morePublished 19 days ago by Amazon Customer
Genius. Wish I had read this years ago, but alas the time was now. Honesty is the best policy, so don't waste your time trying to date or "game" someone that you won't... Read morePublished 20 days ago by Peter