Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Modern Buddhism: The Path of Compassion and Wisdom - Volume 2 Tantra
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 6, 2011
This book gives clear and practical advice on how to practice Tantra correctly. It is so condensed that I feel it works in 2 ways. For those new to Tantra it gives a clear overview of what Tantra is and how to practice it. For those who have more experience it shows clearly how to progress in these very subtle profound meditations that are the essence of Tantra.
I can say from my own experience that it has helped my practice on a very deep level. I have been practicing Tantra over 10 years and this book clarified a lot of points for me.
on November 15, 2011
It's sometimes hard to take "free" ebooks seriously... but this is not only one of the best ebooks I have ever read... but the best book on how to integrate Buddhism into our modern, hectic lives. I highly, highly recommend this book!
on May 12, 2016
Best thing I have read in years. So many issues that were unclear to me after forty years of practice are now clarified. Bodhicitta was just a lot of words but now it is a viable practice. The word I think if this author is "practical." He not only gives a concise theoretical understanding of these incredibly important concepts but then gives you a practice to realize them. I love this teacher and can't believe that I actually listened to those who had me burn his books 20 years ago. Damned Tibetan politics reared it ugly head and I was to inexperienced to ignore the charlatans.
VINE VOICEon August 19, 2014
This is not written very well. It's not engaging and kind a dry. It does not help that the author is wrapped up in a huge controversy within the Buddhist community and willingly puts himself at odds against the Dalai Lama. But his organization apparently owns golf courses so maybe this is a new form of Buddhism after all. (sarcasm).
on January 28, 2012
An incredibly clear and practical presentation of how Buddhism can help us solve our everyday problems in this modern world.
on May 27, 2014
Modern Buddhism is a remarkably splendid book-series, that you can download as an especially kind gift, from one of The Great Tibetan Buddhist Masters of our Time on The Principles of Modern Buddhism... Geshe Kelsang Gyaltso's wisdom and teachings are broad and immense as vast Valleys of Gentleness inclusively embracing and nurture you into his most profound Wisdom.

What Geshe-La offers are tremendously valuable information - in short form and easy to read - fore anyone that are seriously interested in The Principles of Buddhism. He takes you gently by the hand and guides you - as an obviously trained educator - through The Sutras, The Tantras and The Prayers of Daily Practice. Containing both the why, what and the how to do... that you will have a full on Buddhist Practice to follow, afterwards. All, explained with exact eloquence!

I most say, I have enjoyed them tremendously and I know, I will use them over and over again... and I would also like to use this opportunity to convey my Sincere Gratitude for this most remarkably gift, Thank you, Geshe-La!

Luna Prior
Modern Buddhism: The Path of Compassion and Wisdom - Volume 2 Tantra is a very good book. I enjoyed the way it present buddhism as something that could enhance everyone's life. I am glad I purchased this book and I would definitely recommend this book.

Thank you for reading my review.
on November 22, 2013
A good foray into the precepts of Buddhism, still a bit high-up in expressions and it does not feel as if it tries to bridge the gap between Eastern and Western sensibilities. In essence I feel that a western layperson would find this book a bit hard to read.
on September 12, 2013
I would like to thank the author for writing these very deep, and spiritual books and making them available to the public out of his own goodwill. This man has true faith, and this book is not dumbed down at all. However, I do feel that the explanations on the true emptiness of nature would be better described using Physics. I feel that anyone having a hard time grasping what Kelse is talking about study a bit of physics. Everything is particles suspended in space, and we are not the same particles that we were a few years ago. I feel that the book would be better explaining emptiness from a physicists stand point, because I feel it does not do it justice in the non-scientific way it is described here. However, read up on physics. Light is particles we are particles and we have space, if you really went to look for us, we would not be there. Brush up on Physics before, or during reading this!
on February 16, 2016
Any serious journey of self discovery and releasing age old patterns and the opening of our spiritual self, brings us very close to Buddhist philosophy. This series of books are full of wisdom which can be useful in navigating that path in our crazy suburban lives.