5.0 out of 5 stars EASY TO USE!!!
Published on April 13, 2010 by M. Woodward

3.0 out of 5 stars for use with doTerra essential oils
Published on January 26, 2010 by redgirl

3.0 out of 5 stars for use with doTerra essential oils, January 26, 2010
This review is from: Modern Essentials, A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils (Hardcover)
I am dissapointed that I could not and still can not find any info telling me that this book was written to go with doTerra essential oils. For someone who is using doTerra essential oils and/or their other products this book is probably 5 star perfect. The Personal guide recommends alot of doTerra's oil blends and nutritional supplements (single oils are also suggesteed.) I'm not currently committed to using doTerra, and am looking for something else to help a beginner. Had I known this book used doTerra I would have looked for something else.

I don't consider this book to be a complete waste, because I will be able to use the single oil section and recommendations.

5.0 out of 5 stars EASY TO USE!!!, April 13, 2010
I got this book because I was starting to try essential oils for common ailments. I am using the doTerra oils and like them a lot. The book has been extremely easy to read and understand the use of essential oils. It is simple to find the "recipe" for centain things like back aches, hair loss, headaches, etc. I would recommend this to anyone using the doTerra oils. It is nice to have on hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST essential oil book I've found - and I've been looking, September 14, 2011
This is one of the best books on essential oils I've ever seen - and I've been looking for a while. The first 20ish pages give great diagram on reflexology which is informative and helpful. The next 30ish pages describe single blends of essential oils, describing their uses and applications thoroughly. The blends section is less than 10 pages which are descriptive of doTerra's oils which are excellent. In my opinion, far superior to other brands that I've tried and I've used others that claim to be very high quality. There are over 100 pages that allow you to look up your ailment and then suggest oils based on primary, secondary & other recommendations as well as whether the application should be aromatic, topical or internal. It's a wonderful, invaluable resource that is never far away.

3.0 out of 5 stars DoTerra product, February 8, 2012
I'm disappointed, I thought that this book was a general Essential Oils reference guide. It is essentially a DoTerra user guide- beware!

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless!, January 25, 2010
If you are interested in healing oils this book is priceless. Not only does it list hundreds of uses for essential oils, it explains how they work and why high quality (Certified Pure Therapuetic Grade) oils are so effective in improving and maintaining health. The book provides wonderful color illustrations, lists chemical constituants, includes extensive listings of scientific studies conducted and a dozen pages of research references. It even tells you how to help heal your pets and farm animals! Easy to use and easy to understand. I bought one for home and one to leave at work. Excellent value!

5.0 out of 5 stars Detailed book to help you use oils for remedies., December 6, 2012
My wife recently got into oils as natural treatments and wanted something to help guide her in this realm. This book is very detailed and helpful. It has a section that you can look us say a headache and it will tell you the oil to use and how to use them to remedy your ailment. It will give you primary oil/s and secondary oil/s so if you dont have the first you can use the secondary if you have those. I got a really bad headache this last weekend that is not typical for me and followed this book to use peppermint. I took three strong sniffs and then a dab on my temples and the headache started going away within 30 minutes. My daughter is very prone to ear infections after she gets colds and we would need to go to the doctor and then get an antibiotic prescription only to have the infection last for days. This time we gave her the recommended oils and the very next morning she said it was better. I am really getting into this and that one Dr. visit avoided has more than paid for this book and the oils used. Maybe I'll use the extra money on lunch and some ice cream. YUMM

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Essentials, November 27, 2012
Perfect! Just what I needed to get started and to educate myself! It is definitely essential, well organized and will tame some time to learn all that it holds!

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved lots on this wonderful book., November 7, 2012
I have just gotten into selling essential oils and was told about this book and that it was $25. I went on Amazon and found it used for much much cheaper than that. It has been a great blessing to have this wonderful teaching book for my business. The book is in perfect condition. My daughter was able to get one also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of Information, September 28, 2012
Tricia Peterson (PARK CITY, UT, US) - See all my reviews
Love the book! Easy to understand and find what you're looking for. You can search by the specific oils, or by your symptoms. It's really a great resource!

5.0 out of 5 stars book is a must have, September 12, 2012
If you use essential oils, you must have this book! It is organized in sections, by oil and then by symptom/ailment.

Used & New from: $39.99