Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: Amazon VideoChange
Price:$19.99

on May 14, 2013
The writers of this show set the standard for half hour comedies. This ensemble of actors compliment each other so well, each episode leaves you wanting more. The difficulty with Family centered sitcoms is that the "kids" grow up. The multiple layers of ages in the young actor roles will provide many seasons of staying power - much like the Cosby Show has done. Regardless of the week's story line, the three family dynamic continues to broaden and become richer. Ouststanding cast, crew, writing and production.
11 comment14 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2013
Love that at the end of every show there's always a lesson learned about the family that most families who are as "modern" as this one can relate.
on December 14, 2013
We love this show. We can sit and have marathons on rainy days and just crack up. The writing is brilliant. I have bought all the seasons.
on January 30, 2015
Any TV show is inevitably going to run out of steam. It happens to the best of them. Fortunately, "Modern Family" is nowhere near reaching that point in Season Four!

While the "adult" characters are always as funny as ever, this is the season where the writers really do some good things with the "kids". More specifically, all the kids now have their own unique and changing personalities befitting their age. This is especially true for Alex (Ariel Winter) and Luke (Nolan Gould), who easily have more character growth this season than any point before that. Even Haley (Sarah Hyland) and Manny (Rico Rodriguez) get a bit more screen time than the usual.

The only knock I have on this season? A couple of episode (but only 1-2) felt a bit "forced" for the first time since I began watching the show. Of course, the only reason that stands out is because the rest of the episodes are so pitch-perfect as usual.

So, while this show (like any other) will inevitably reach a quality tipping point, it doesn't start here. On the whole, I enjoyed this five-star effort just as much as the three five-star efforts before it.
on December 10, 2013
Such a funny and great show. I can watch it over and over again and still laugh. One of the funniest sitcoms in a long time.
on May 9, 2015
CBS/20th Century has turned their backs on fans of this series, this season - a show that is more than worthy of a proper DVD/BluRay release (as has been done for prior seasons).

For the fifth season of the series, CBS/20th Century have decided to:

A) NOT RELEASE THE SEASON ON BLU RAY - a big 'thank' you (replace the word 'thank' with a word of your choosing), to those of us that have invested in the blu ray sets for the prior seasons.

B) Release a HORRIBLY SUB-STANDARD DVD TRANSFER of the season - our only remaining option. It is blurry and unbearable to watch - it will literally strain your eyes.

This classy show , and it's audience, deserve better than this.

Note to 20th Century and CBS: If this is an attempt to divert revenue and profit for the the series from Blu Ray format to streaming, IT WILL FAIL. Myself, I would rather not watch the series at all than via streaming , and will never watch it again on DVD of this horrendous quality.

Hope they get the message : I WILL ONLY THE 6TH SEASON IF IT IS MADE AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY - the format this classy series deserves.
on November 16, 2013
can't get enough of this show, we own all 4 seasons on DVD and can't wait for the current season (season 5) that is on television now to come out on DVD so we can watch and re-watch the episodes like our family does now with the first 4 seasons. if you haven't seen this show, you must, it's hilarious one of the best shows on television ever! :)
on May 4, 2013
We love watching this as a family - even though there are definitely some "inappropriate" spots, it's hilarious and the characters really do love each other, so it's not meanspirited.
on May 10, 2013
All through the four seasons Modern Family has maintained its quality as the #1 comedy on TV. the writing is hysterical, the acting is top. I look forward to continuing seasons.
on January 8, 2014
I just love this show so much! I can't say anything more about this show, than that I LOVE IT!! It is so funny, and so sweet. The blu ray is great quality of course.Now that i've watched it in blu ray, I can't go back to a plain DVD! The show is so good that even my husband would watch it with me :)