Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on June 9, 2016
This is my first experience buy on amazon.
And the books are amazing.
There is no books even similar thing in North Korea. I love it.
on May 12, 2016
The best gift I had bought for my chef
on March 27, 2016
Oh God. Everybody needs this. Its ART! And so informative. AND so beautiful
on February 18, 2016
Having previously bought the single volume “Modernist Cuisine at Home,” I was excited to receive the full multi-volume set. I did not purchase this so much for the recipes—the vast majority of which admittedly I will never try—but for better understanding the “science” of cooking. The clarity of the writing and plethora of stunning, complementary photos are a joy.

I caution future buyers to examine your books carefully. I found several pages with score marks, scratches, and smudges. Two pages from the “Kitchen Manual” were stuck together at a spot, and prying them apart was a delicate matter given its lightweight paper. Most problematic, several signatures from the center of one of the books pulled away from the backing material—the adhesive failed and the book is falling apart. It would have been better had the signatures been sewn to the backing material.
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 17, 2016
Modernist Cuisine by Nathan Myhrvold et. al. is a free NetGalley ebook that I read in late November just before heading to Arizona for Thanksgiving. After reading Modernist Cuisine at Home, I figured that this edition would have more of an elite restauranteur appeal to it.

Yup. Though the high-quality photography is very much still in place, the recipes of this book series requires a fully equipped kitchen and openness to biological source knowledge (musculature of animals, plant anatomy, the construction of several different kinds of kitchen appliances); this makes the recipes a little exclusive, but no less awe-inspiring.
on December 26, 2015
This is an amazing book. Yes, it's massive and weighs 50 pounds, but it is so cool. There are many incredible pictures. The measurements are strange for sure. There are cool pictures and explanations for everything! The cover the sous vide technique very well.
on December 23, 2015
This set of books is crazy...
The photography is dazzling, the depth of information contemplated here is out of this universe.
This is not a cookbook, this is advanced science.
on December 8, 2015
These books are a part of a series of 5 volumes about food - in fact everything you would want to know about food and about cooking food. As the introduction says this book is not just about 'what' and 'how', but the 'why'. The book delves deep into the behaviour of food, the science and how we can change that behaviour or work with it. . It is a great read, a book that would be dipped into for many years - just leave it on the coffee table and you will never get your guests to leave. I am astounded by these books, the information in them and the photography is just to die for. Not your run of the mill recipe volumes, but so much, much more. If you are a person who likes to know why things happen and are a fan of Heston Blumethal you will love these, they are not books that you read from cover to cover, although I suppose you can do that, but something you can dip into many times. Just don't blame me if you are constantly late, due to dipping in too long. These books were supplied to me in return for a honest and unbiased review.
on December 2, 2015
Encyclopedic, text book, and precise. This is a wonderful teaching tome for those interested in cooking, cooking and science (a la Harold McGee), modernist cuisine, and molecular gastronomy. Oh, and for anyone who is a fan of the amazing, wonderful superstar chef Ferran Adria and his generous teachings.

There are other grand chefs referenced or featured in this multi-volumed set, and it is very interesting reading. I might be biased, as I took a class on science and cookery that I found extremely intriguing and improving, but I do think that anyone who enjoys cooking or who is even slightly interested in why things cook as they do would love this title.

It is a bit expensive, but I would say it is worth buying if you have a serious interest in cooking.

**eARC netgalley**
on November 16, 2015
Amaing book with beautiful photographs and anusual scientific insights into food technology. My son, who is an engeneere with a passion for cooking finds it very inspirational.